Photo Challenge 8/18

angleigh

The last few challenge have been a little harder, this one will be a little simpler.  This weeks challenge is "to your left"  Yep...whatever your doing right now as you read this take of photo of what's to your left. 

When I read the photo challenge I was sitting on the couch taking a little "lunch break" so here's what you get.   An old chest we found at an antique store, actually all the tables in my front room are antique store finds.  A hand me down rug from my parents..but hey it was free, matched and saves my carpet a little.  And a chair that we had to remove ginger's kennel from the front room for (like she ever used that) because Gary just got a recliner for his birthday and we had to re arrange a bit.

So what's to your left?

20170818_123043.jpg

I should be outside but it's another rainy day and a friend is here fixing my washer.  He went to get a part, so I'm sitting in my dining room with my computer and eating lunch.   To my left is the kitchen - past the little hallway.  I can see the microwave to the left and the sink straight ahead.

Fun photo challenge Angie! :)

IMG_0584.JPG

Great challenge Angie. Ok...ugly photo here. I am on the boat---at the table with my computer and this is what is to the left of me. Ugh. Not pretty!!!!Probably one of the ugliest corners of the boat. Window covered because it's raining, cords all over from my computer. Chart rack a mess because we have been using them as we travel. Oh well, this is life on a boat!!!

IMG_8781.JPG

3 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

Great challenge Angie. Ok...ugly photo here. I am on the boat---at the table with my computer and this is what is to the left of me. Ugh. Not pretty!!!!Probably one of the ugliest corners of the boat. Window covered because it's raining, cords all over from my computer. Chart rack a mess because we have been using them as we travel. Oh well, this is life on a boat!!!

Pretty cool, actually to see life on a boat upclose.  It doesn't look messy at all and love the lighthouse light. :)

55 minutes ago, MariJ said:

I should be outside but it's another rainy day and a friend is here fixing my washer.  He went to get a part, so I'm sitting in my dining room with my computer and eating lunch.   To my left is the kitchen - past the little hallway.  I can see the microwave to the left and the sink straight ahead.

IMG_0584.JPG

Nice to get  a sneak peak at your house....Hope that washer fix works out for you.

1 hour ago, angleigh said:

The last few challenge have been a little harder, this one will be a little simpler.  This weeks challenge is "to your left"  Yep...whatever your doing right now as you read this take of photo of what's to your left. 

When I read the photo challenge I was sitting on the couch taking a little "lunch break" so here's what you get.   An old chest we found at an antique store, actually all the tables in my front room are antique store finds.  A hand me down rug from my parents..but hey it was free, matched and saves my carpet a little.  And a chair that we had to remove ginger's kennel from the front room for (like she ever used that) because Gary just got a recliner for his birthday and we had to re arrange a bit.

So what's to your left?

20170818_123043.jpg

I love that old chest, I have an old one that my great grandfather had on the whaling ship he was on...special old stuff.

8 minutes ago, alsoarty said:

Here is my photo...sitting on my sofa watching TV.

FullSizeRender.jpg

How cool is your photo...I love the lighting too.

59 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

Nice to get  a sneak peak at your house....Hope that washer fix works out for you.

Thanks Debby.  It took him over an hour to get the agitator out, because the screw was stripped so he was literally banging at it piece by piece with a scrwedriver and hammer -- and a saw!   Hard, manual labor, but he finally got it.   At the parts store, they only had 3 of the 4 parts he needs so now he will be back on Tuesday afternoon.    Been about 2 weeks I had a washer, pretty easy with clothes in the summer - shorts, tanks and on pool gonna be a LONG time I will be doing laundry once it's fixed.  But, at least I didn't have to buy a new one.

When I'm at home, my laptop is almost always plugged in in our front room, which has become my office.  You've already seen part of this room before, so nothing surprising, but to my left are the two chairs my daughters, and sometimes my DH, like to sit in while I scrap.  You can even see the dirty spot on the wall where my 10 year old props her feet.  Ugh, sorry!  That white chair is from the days when I would sit with my girls when they were babies, and rock and nurse them.  Notice the candle on my desk, too.  I've got two fake pillar candles on my desk that DH bought me before last Christmas, because I love candles, and I prefer lamplight or candle light to harsh overhead light.  These are battery powered candles, and I always have them on when I'm here at my computer.

DSC_9019Post.jpg

4 hours ago, MariJ said:

Thanks Debby.  It took him over an hour to get the agitator out, because the screw was stripped so he was literally banging at it piece by piece with a scrwedriver and hammer -- and a saw!   Hard, manual labor, but he finally got it.   At the parts store, they only had 3 of the 4 parts he needs so now he will be back on Tuesday afternoon.    Been about 2 weeks I had a washer, pretty easy with clothes in the summer - shorts, tanks and on pool gonna be a LONG time I will be doing laundry once it's fixed.  But, at least I didn't have to buy a new one.

Oh glad to hear you won't need a new washer.

50 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

When I'm at home, my laptop is almost always plugged in in our front room, which has become my office.  You've already seen part of this room before, so nothing surprising, but to my left are the two chairs my daughters, and sometimes my DH, like to sit in while I scrap.  You can even see the dirty spot on the wall where my 10 year old props her feet.  Ugh, sorry!  That white chair is from the days when I would sit with my girls when they were babies, and rock and nurse them.  Notice the candle on my desk, too.  I've got two fake pillar candles on my desk that DH bought me before last Christmas, because I love candles, and I prefer lamplight or candle light to harsh overhead light.  These are battery powered candles, and I always have them on when I'm here at my computer.

DSC_9019Post.jpg

How fun. They're safter too. I read that real,ones can be harmful. A woman noticed black stuff in her baby's nose...it was from her burning candles.

5 hours ago, Boatlady said:

IMG_8781.JPG

Ahhh no problem with your photo. Your boat is well loved. I love all the wires lol. And your lighthouse lamp.

6 hours ago, angleigh said:

So what's to your left?

20170818_123043.jpg

I'm coveting your green chest... I have one but it's just wood. It's in my photo.

6 hours ago, MariJ said:

IMG_0584.JPG

I haven't seen wallpaper in a long time. It's a pretty color. Nice light from your kitchen.

1 hour ago, englishrose said:

This is the room I call my study. IKEA bookshelves groaning under the weight of books, boxes of memorabilia and photos.

What fun to get a sneak peak into everyone's home. It's like being invited in for coffee!

onmyleft.jpg

I admire people who have exposed books...I keep all mine in an Antique cabinet we brought back from Germany (easier to hide and keep clean)

10 hours ago, Mikelle said:

DSC_9019Post.jpg

A real life home...LOL the marks on the wall!!!

33 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

I admire people who have exposed books...I keep all mine in an Antique cabinet we brought back from Germany (easier to hide and keep clean)

When we built our last home, I had them build a whole wall of bookshelves, and we gave ourselves a rolling library ladder for Christmas that year.  I loved that wall.  Yours brings back fond memories.

5 minutes ago, princessrunningfingers said:

When we built our last home, I had them build a whole wall of bookshelves, and we gave ourselves a rolling library ladder for Christmas that year.  I loved that wall.  Yours brings back fond memories.

Oh, how cool, I love when you see those in movies, Joyce!  

Here is what is to the left of me right now. It's my computer, printer with memorial photos of my two kitties Cissy and Daisy, TV, stuffed animals hanging off of the TV, and of course butterflies.

IMG_2996.JPG

3 hours ago, englishrose said:

This is the room I call my study. IKEA bookshelves groaning under the weight of books, boxes of memorabilia and photos.

What fun to get a sneak peak into everyone's home. It's like being invited in for coffee!

onmyleft.jpg

Love the bookshelves. I just bought one, but I think I need another one as books are still on the floor of my bedroom closet. I need to make some room in my cramped bedroom, but I don't know where.

Angie - your view looks comfy and cozy, love the rug and the cushy chair!
Marilyn - pretty wallpaper. Do you have a skylight in your kitchen? Hope your washer machine get fixed and it stops raining.
Debby - boat living looks divine!!! DH and I are considering getting an rv in the future. Although I think we'd both love the boat life.
Andrea - that is a cool looking lamp, I really like the curvy metal. My youngest dd collects mugs and I think she would like that one, so pretty.
Joyce - your left looks so inviting and cozy, pretty pictures you have on the wall.
Mikelle - how sweet that your family will come and sit with you while your scrap. My girls are on their own and well I don't have extra sitting my computer soooo, lol! Your couch and chair look super comfy.
Hilary - I love IKEA!! my youngest dd would be green with envy with your bookcase. And I think Joyce mentioned wall of bookshelves with a library ladder, Jaclyn would be in heaven.
Carol - your view as lots to look at for inspiration. I love the 2 lady pictures on your wall, those are very cool! And your sweet kitty napping!!

Wow ya'll's view put mine to shame. Mine is quite boring and sort of in process. Jaclyn and I switched desks because the one she had would have been too big for her tiny apartment. So my view to the left shows where my desk used; on the wall next to the window. Jaclyn's desk has a bookshelf attached to the right of it so it would have blocked the light from the window. I have had a chance to move the 2 bulletin boards and white board to where my desk is now which is on the other side of the window. I made a little yoga corner/storage area and I can see in the photo that I forgot to turn off my diffuser after I finished my yoga. All the wires were recently added when when switch satellite companies. DH had them add them in my computer in case I ever want to add a tv in here which I don't. I'm not much of an interior decorator but I make do...

IMG_2432.JPG

11 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Angie - your view looks comfy and cozy, love the rug and the cushy chair!
Marilyn - pretty wallpaper. Do you have a skylight in your kitchen? Hope your washer machine get fixed and it stops raining.
Debby - boat living looks divine!!! DH and I are considering getting an rv in the future. Although I think we'd both love the boat life.
Andrea - that is a cool looking lamp, I really like the curvy metal. My youngest dd collects mugs and I think she would like that one, so pretty.
Joyce - your left looks so inviting and cozy, pretty pictures you have on the wall.
Mikelle - how sweet that your family will come and sit with you while your scrap. My girls are on their own and well I don't have extra sitting my computer soooo, lol! Your couch and chair look super comfy.
Hilary - I love IKEA!! my youngest dd would be green with envy with your bookcase. And I think Joyce mentioned wall of bookshelves with a library ladder, Jaclyn would be in heaven.
Carol - your view as lots to look at for inspiration. I love the 2 lady pictures on your wall, those are very cool! And your sweet kitty napping!!

Wow ya'll's view put mine to shame. Mine is quite boring and sort of in process. Jaclyn and I switched desks because the one she had would have been too big for her tiny apartment. So my view to the left shows where my desk used; on the wall next to the window. Jaclyn's desk has a bookshelf attached to the right of it so it would have blocked the light from the window. I have had a chance to move the 2 bulletin boards and white board to where my desk is now which is on the other side of the window. I made a little yoga corner/storage area and I can see in the photo that I forgot to turn off my diffuser after I finished my yoga. All the wires were recently added when when switch satellite companies. DH had them add them in my computer in case I ever want to add a tv in here which I don't. I'm not much of an interior decorator but I make do...

IMG_2432.JPG

This looks like a peaceful and "you" corner of the world with everything you need, Kelly!   
To answer your questions - nope, no skylight in my kitchen, but I'd love to have one!  There's a window to the right of the one straight ahead and a flourescent light up above...  The washer should be (hopefully) fixed on Tuesday and it finally stopped raining today after a few more flash floods last night! :) 

I'm really enjoying sharing in a piece of everyone's space!  

Archived