September Challenge Chase - It's Back!

April Showers

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YAY, I so wanted this to come back. I'm going to be out of town for the next few weeks, but my computer will travel with me. Sign me up, please.  Did I say YAY????

4 hours ago, Lesann said:

YAY, I so wanted this to come back. I'm going to be out of town for the next few weeks, but my computer will travel with me. Sign me up, please.  Did I say YAY????

Yay! You're back! When I was switching up the chart for this month, I noticed your name and thought, "She's one of those who told me she missed the challenge." I'll add you to the chart for the next update.

This might seem a stupid question but I have no idea how to do a hashtag!!  I understand the links to the gallery but for the monthly #Scrapgirls do I have to post it on FB ect.  :dunno: Only friends can see my FB account (not saying your not friends) and I would like to keep it that way and I'm not on twitter ect. :banghead: Does that mean I can't play.......... :sad040:

You can post it on facebook with the hashtag, but then also put the hashtag on it when you post it in the gallery. You also have the ability to make a specific image public, though we understand if you don't want to do that. You can also pin your #scrapgirls layout from the gallery in Pinterest, or post it on Instagram. I don't use twitter either, just never found a need for it. 

It is the trickiest part of the challenge, but we try to make it as painless as possible.

For those who don't do any social media at all, we'll allow the hashtag in the gallery.

1 hour ago, CRS said:

I have a question about the hashtag challenge...is there a specific challenge for this, or is it any LO we post and add the hashtag to?

There will be, but I didn't get one posted this month. If, like this month, there isn't a specific challenge, you can choose to hashtag a layout that isn't for the forum game or one of the other challenge chase requirements. 

When we do them, they may include things like seasonal and photo challenges (that you put in a layout). Next month will probably be Fall Color, but the #scrapgirls will stay the same for every month. I'll specify the #hashtag challenge details in the opening post. 

Hope that made sense. :)

3 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Hopefully it's not to late for me to sign up. I did the Weekend Wildcard Challenge 80s Throwback

Nope, not too late. The first week is a long one and goes through next weekend. I'll get you added in before the next tracker update.

Ha, you must have commented on this thread or something, because you're already in my tracker. Hope I didn't miss someone else. :D

I don't mean to be a pest, but I am still a bit confused about the hashtag.  Is it necessary to post the LO on social media?  I have a facebook account but only use it to get photos of my great grandchildren that get posted there.  I just would rather not post the LO there unless it is necessary.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, April Showers said:

Nope, not too late. The first week is a long one and goes through next weekend. I'll get you added in before the next tracker update.

Ha, you must have commented on this thread or something, because you're already in my tracker. Hope I didn't miss someone else. :D

Nope, hadn't commented prior to posting my LO as I was debating whether I wanted to give it ago. I guess you knew that I wanted to before I did. lol! Thanks for the add. 

Clarification on this month's hashtag. Since I did this past Weekend Wildcard am I allowed to do this week's Newsletter challenge and use it as my hashtag for this month?

2 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Nope, hadn't commented prior to posting my LO as I was debating whether I wanted to give it ago. I guess you knew that I wanted to before I did. lol! Thanks for the add. 

Clarification on this month's hashtag. Since I did this past Weekend Wildcard am I allowed to do this week's Newsletter challenge and use it as my hashtag for this month?

Yes you may use another challenge for the hashtag challenge this month. Next month we'll have a specific hashtag challenge, so you'll need to have it fit that theme. And I actually double checked to make sure I hadn't forgotten someone else and you did comment earlier. ;)

14 hours ago, princessrunningfingers said:

I don't mean to be a pest, but I am still a bit confused about the hashtag.  Is it necessary to post the LO on social media?  I have a facebook account but only use it to get photos of my great grandchildren that get posted there.  I just would rather not post the LO there unless it is necessary.  Thanks.

Joyce, April posted above that if you don't use social media, you can post the hashtag LO in the gallery, just make sure to add #scrapgirls when you post it.

59 minutes ago, CRS said:

Joyce, April posted above that if you don't use social media, you can post the hashtag LO in the gallery, just make sure to add #scrapgirls when you post it.

Thanks, Carla.  I thought I remembered something like that from last time, but I didn't trust my memory.

Archived