Graphia Bella want to know !

Graphia Bella

Hi ladies !!!!

As a designer, it's sometimes though to choose between many possibilities and I would like to hear you about the manner we packed her stough for store.

Some of you prefer seperated packs (papers, elements, patterns, solids, etc.), but some of you prefer to buy the collection with all included on one.

I try to offer both and I mention it on my products descriptions (for example: If you have already bought the collection, don't buy this pack because it's already included on it). And all included on the collection one is describe on the description of the products (I always make the collection with all in one inside).

Now I want to know, what each of you prefer.... All the collection in one pack (value pack, collection biggie) or all separated on different packs (papers, patterns, wordarts, elements, etc.).

In the hope to answer the need for largest number of you !

I like value packs and full collections.  I mix and match collections a lot, but I like having the option to use just one collection, where everything is meant to go together.  Collections make it easier and faster to scrap pretty pages!

I pretty much only buy collections because, like Mikelle said - everything is meant to match and go together.   I'll sometimes buy a value pack but not when it's very expensive and it depends on what's in it as I don't like premade clusters, frames, etc - so wouldn't use them.
I don't like the little bits and pieces sold separately, never buy those.   I like embellishments and they usually make or break a buy for me.   I'm not fond of one embellishment (like a flower) repeated over and over, except in a different color.  I like having a variety of embellishments.

Thanks for asking! :)

I nearly always buy collections. I like it when 2 or more collections from the same designer have similar or complementary colour schemes so that I can "mix and match". I also like it when the embellishments include something different (with a family full of men, I get very little chance to use all those flowers that figure heavily in a lot of collections).

Thank you for taking the time to ask.

Collections are the most versatile like many are saying. I agree with Hilary and Marilyn that a variety of embellishments are great. I prefer papers that are not too over powering more toward solid or texture, torn, chalked or burned edges. I always find it a challenge to use large patterned paper.Masks, frames are nice too and strings or stitches. That is my opinion since you asked.

I also like collections and a good variety of Embellishments.  I like to see solids in amongst the papers with some textured and some very flat with minimal texture. 

Nice ! Thank you so much ladies for all your answers ! It makes things easier for me to guide me while I'm creating. The French and English world of scrap is so different, sometimes it's difficult to choose de guideline for a collection. I'm taking notes and I will try to keep it in mind.... 

On 16/09/2017 at 4:07 PM, AggieB said:

Interesting, how do the countries differ?

I would say the kind of scrap... The French scrap is more axed on true elements, more 3D layouts, scenic and big arrangements of elements. For example (one page of mine):

And English scrap is more axed on 2D, style life 365, papers elements and drawing, artsy style. The second page is an example for me (also with a page of mine):

Do you notice the difference ? It's a question between real life looking and real paper scrapbooking looking. One style looks more real and the other looks more crafting style.

So, everyone has it's own style and it's what it makes digital scrapbooking wonderful and a so colorful world !!!! Personaly, I try everything because I love to learn and try new things. But some scrappers prefer to stay on the same kind because they like it and they are really good on this particular style.

So, depending on wich kind or style of scrap you make, you don't shop the same way ! It's why I asked this question and make the relation with kind of scrap. Someone who love Artsy style will prefer to buy different packs and mixed them. Someone who makes layouts on a specific palette will prefer to buy a collection to be sure all are matching ! Do you understant my reasonning ?

I don't want to loose my own style, but I can try to pack my stough in store to meet the needs of a larger number of you. 

GBE_MFS_p01.jpg

GB_littlekiss_CG_600.jpg

On 22/09/2017 at 5:02 AM, Graphia Bella said:

One more time, thank you so much MariJ ! You're so sweet ! 

CRS, you're like me... I love all styles, it depends of my mood of the day ! :lol:

Thankyou for taking the time to explain to us the reason behind your asking us for our thoughts.  I like both styles but because I was first a real paper Scrapbooker I most times prefer the Traditional form of 2D. 

• 2 weeks later...

You've got a really good point Smiles ! It's true that with value packs, it's not always everything we work with.

Thank you so much AggieB... You're really sweet. I prefer this style too... I make sometimes the second one, but I'm rarely satisfied by the final result. I love the layouts of girls who really got talent on this style and I would like to be able to do, but I don't !

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting topic. I sometimes wonder if i am not creating what people want. I love so many styles of scrap but am out of my comfort zone when trying to create some of them. I also usually try to come out with a collection though i wish i could get away with just designing papers as it's my absolute favorite.

Archived