Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
terriscrapper

Top layer

10 posts in this topic

I am attaching a screenshot....I can't get the snowman to print. I dragged this on top....when I try to print it only prints the trees!!

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 12.35.42 PM.png

I have no idea if this has anything to do with printing, but are the images all the same mode (RGB, bitmap, grayscale, etc)? In CS5, go to Image>Mode and see what your image is. I don't know if that makes a difference but it's the first thing that popped in my head.

How did you save it to print?  Did you save it as a jpeg and then print from there?  If you are trying to print directly from the psd/layered file in photoshop it might be picking up only one of the layers, i.e. the trees?

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

How did you save it to print?  Did you save it as a jpeg and then print from there?  If you are trying to print directly from the psd/layered file in photoshop it might be picking up only one of the layers, i.e. the trees?

I went back and saved it as a jpeg and it printed...go figure??

I just guessed that maybe all the layers couldn't be read and that was the problem.   Glad it worked!  

Glad you got it figured out...sounds like Gremlins!

Yup that works, otherwise it just prints the layer you're on. Glad you figured it out.

35 minutes ago, alsoarty said:

Yup that works, otherwise it just prints the layer you're on. Glad you figured it out.

Ahhhh...  See, that's what I guessed or suspected.   Good to know that was it Andrea!  Who knew???   :) 

I print from my layered file inside my scrapping software all the time and have never had this issue...interesting!

42 minutes ago, CRS said:

I print from my layered file inside my scrapping software all the time and have never had this issue...interesting!

Ah...  So that can't be it - good guess, I had but better to know that's not it! :)   I guess your first answer "gremlins" is the real one... :D