2018 Hybrid Calendar ATC Swap

CRS

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have my current calendar sitting her on my desk at work, so I still have a base.  Carla, I'm planning to get mine done this weekend, and send out on Monday.  Is that too late?  I'm finally feeling a little better from this cold virus.  I didn't scrap at all the past week... DH said "Wow, you must really not be feeling well!"  Lol.

1 hour ago, Mikelle said:

I have my current calendar sitting her on my desk at work, so I still have a base.  Carla, I'm planning to get mine done this weekend, and send out on Monday.  Is that too late?  I'm finally feeling a little better from this cold virus.  I didn't scrap at all the past week... DH said "Wow, you must really not be feeling well!"  Lol.

Plenty of time, no worries!

3 hours ago, CRS said:

It's not any bigger than a business sized envelope and I can fold it in half. A padded envelope might be better if you have them just to protect them a little better but it's up to you.

Thanks Carla, got mine to the post office this afternoon. Fun to work on a Springtime theme while it snowed all day. First time in almost 45 years that Seattle has had snow this early. Haven't even got my patio furniture and tropical plants off the deck yet. :)

Grrrrr.  I'm printing my cards now, but I messed up and am now reprinting.  Wasted ink.  They'll come together quickly after I get them printed - should not have a problem getting these sent out Monday!

5 hours ago, CRS said:

I'll let you know when they arrive, Mikelle!

Meanwhile, a package from Tina arrived today and wow...are you sure you are new to hybrid atcs????

Yay, glad they got there! That was quick for usps regular mail. Thanks for the kind words for newbie. :) 

It's funny, I think things get to me here in KY faster than in MD or NY. I've noticed with packages, I stalk the tracking info, and they always change it to earlier than first posted. It does help that a main hub of UPS is in Louisville, lol, but it's not just UPS that's faster.

7 hours ago, CRS said:

It's funny, I think things get to me here in KY faster than in MD or NY. I've noticed with packages, I stalk the tracking info, and they always change it to earlier than first posted. It does help that a main hub of UPS is in Louisville, lol, but it's not just UPS that's faster.

Mine are on their way!  Left them in the hands of the USPS, compliments of a dear friend who took me there this afternoon...  Whew..

Ugh. Well, this is what I get for waiting until now on these. My internet & printer have been down all day so mine won't have many digital elements. I'll have to run to FedEx tomorrow to get the little calendars printed. I am so sick and tired of technology not cooperating. I expect to have these in the mail by Thursday; PriorityMail if I have to. I'm sorry for being the holdup (I guess someone has to bring up the rear, right?!) 

(I don't need holes in mine; I'll just display them on a little easel thing). 

34 minutes ago, CRS said:

No worries, Dianne! And Marilyn I'll let you know when they arrive.

Thanks Carla!  I'm not sure yet about holes in mine and I actually miscounted so only sent you 11 so right now.   So, I don't have a "December" for myself!   Good thing I have almost 12 months to get it done!

I have trouble each year with the rings and trying to get the calendar to stand.   Can you explain what/how using an easel or plate holder would work?   I'd like to do something different but now sure how or what to do and if I should have holes.

Does everyone normally use the base or what do you do?   
And, either way, I do have a base Carla, thank you! :)

Kelly's cards came and I absolutely love the quote you used, Kelly! Beautiful!!

Marilyn, I used the rings and base for several years, but it got to the point where it was tipping over and the holes in the base were getting too worn. I have a little plate holder from the dollar store that I use. I only put one atc on it at a time, but it works for me. I have an appointment this morning but I'll try to remember to take a pic of it when I get home and post it.

1 hour ago, CRS said:

Kelly's cards came and I absolutely love the quote you used, Kelly! Beautiful!!

Marilyn, I used the rings and base for several years, but it got to the point where it was tipping over and the holes in the base were getting too worn. I have a little plate holder from the dollar store that I use. I only put one atc on it at a time, but it works for me. I have an appointment this morning but I'll try to remember to take a pic of it when I get home and post it.

Thanks Carla!  I was also wondering how just putting ribbon or string through the holes would work with using the base because most of my problem seems to be that the rings make it awkward and hard to move the pages and then stick up, etc.   I should try to see how that works as yes, I have your ring problems too.

I think ribbon or string would work, just not as stable as rings. I'm interested to see if that works if someone tries it!

Here are the pictures I promised. Once the month ends, I put it in my 3 ring binder full of atcs with the rest of the hybrid atcs. I ran into Hobby Lobby after my appointment and saw the same plate stand for $1.99.

IMG_2339.JPGIMG_2338.JPG

7 hours ago, CRS said:

No worries, Dianne! And Marilyn I'll let you know when they arrive.

Thanks Carla. Adding a bit more bling, getting the calendars printed and adding them and whew! Should get them to the PO tomorrow. This will be a record for me for sure. Dang!

Question though: what can I do to the calendar file to make it not that blah beige color? Having a brain freeze here. 

Archived