2018 Hybrid Calendar ATC Swap

CRS

1 hour ago, diannecp said:

Thanks Carla. Adding a bit more bling, getting the calendars printed and adding them and whew! Should get them to the PO tomorrow. This will be a record for me for sure. Dang!

Question though: what can I do to the calendar file to make it not that blah beige color? Having a brain freeze here. 

I've done different things to change the color.   This time I did an overlay of color clipped to the calendar and printed it separately, so then I had to print/cut and glue on separately also.  If that made sense? 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, diannecp said:

Thanks Carla. Adding a bit more bling, getting the calendars printed and adding them and whew! Should get them to the PO tomorrow. This will be a record for me for sure. Dang!

Question though: what can I do to the calendar file to make it not that blah beige color? Having a brain freeze here. 

I can send you the calendar in a png file instead so you can change the color if you want.

30 minutes ago, CRS said:

I can send you the calendar in a png file instead so you can change the color if you want.

Oh duh, i could do that!! Thanks. 

3 hours ago, CRS said:

I think ribbon or string would work, just not as stable as rings. I'm interested to see if that works if someone tries it!

Here are the pictures I promised. Once the month ends, I put it in my 3 ring binder full of atcs with the rest of the hybrid atcs. I ran into Hobby Lobby after my appointment and saw the same plate stand for $1.99.

IMG_2339.JPGIMG_2338.JPG

Oh look, there's my November card!  :D  I like this stand, I might try to find one.  I have the cardboard base with the rings, and have a mini screwdriver inside the base, using it as a paperweight so it doesn't tip over.

14 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

Oh look, there's my November card!  :D  I like this stand, I might try to find one.  I have the cardboard base with the rings, and have a mini screwdriver inside the base, using it as a paperweight so it doesn't tip over.

Duh-uh, me!  Now that's so smart Mikelle! :hit-head-with-hammer:

And, I'm glad you mentioned that as all month I've been enjoying your card and especially the little turkey on the back, so cute!  And, I've wanted to tell you so. :)
(Actually, I've enjoyed ALL the months, but for some reason kept seeing this one's)

4 hours ago, CRS said:

I think ribbon or string would work, just not as stable as rings. I'm interested to see if that works if someone tries it!

Here are the pictures I promised. Once the month ends, I put it in my 3 ring binder full of atcs with the rest of the hybrid atcs. I ran into Hobby Lobby after my appointment and saw the same plate stand for $1.99.

IMG_2339.JPGIMG_2338.JPG

Thanks for the info Carla and that looks really nice!  Somehow I was picturing something different, this makes more sense!
I'm going to think about it.   How hard is it to punch the holes if I decide to do it myself later?   

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

Duh-uh, me!  Now that's so smart Mikelle! :hit-head-with-hammer:

And, I'm glad you mentioned that as all month I've been enjoying your card and especially the little turkey on the back, so cute!  And, I've wanted to tell you so. :)
(Actually, I've enjoyed ALL the months, but for some reason kept seeing this one's)

I like that turkey too, it  makes me laugh!

Ok, I'm taking my to the PO this morning (well oops, it's closed today? Veterans' Day I guess). Sheesh, what a battle with this printer thing but I WON!! I apologize for the delay. Hopefully you should see these in a day or two, Carla. I have taken extra care packing them up but my glue runner seems to not be the best. You may have to reaffix a calendar or two. 

9 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

Oh no... mine haven't arrived yet?  I'll have to ask DH if he sent them tracked... can't imagine they're not there yet.

I'm so sorry, yes yours arrived. They came when my mom was here and I completely forgot to post. They are fantastic!!

54 minutes ago, CRS said:

I'm so sorry, yes yours arrived. They came when my mom was here and I completely forgot to post. They are fantastic!!

OK, good!  Yay, can't wait to see the whole calendar, to see what everyone else came up with!

1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I received mine yesterday too! I love looking at these little masterpieces through out the year. Beautiful work ladies, such treasures. Many thanks to you Carla!

Will the next hybrid atc challenge be after the holidays?

Yes, we'll wait until after the holidays to do another round. Maybe my crafting mojo will return by then. I think it's still in Maryland (and I moved from there over a year ago)!

47 minutes ago, CRS said:

Yes, we'll wait until after the holidays to do another round. Maybe my crafting mojo will return by then. I think it's still in Maryland (and I moved from there over a year ago)!

That's what I figured. I think my mojo took a vacation. Maybe it's hanging out with yours! :rofl:

8 hours ago, Westina said:

Mine came today, :D. Love them all, beautiful each and every one. Thank you ladies and a big shout out to Carla for doing the heavy lifting. 

Tina I have to say when I saw yours I was in awe that you'd never done one before, it's gorgeous and you look like a Pro!   Well, now you are.. :)

Archived