October Challenge Chase

April Showers

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, April Showers said:

I'll move the layout for you. For this challenge, it isn't required for you to post in the challenge thread. Just the link here is enough. :)

When the Challenges category was set up, we made it so you could only post in the different challenge galleries, but with the forum upgrade, we've lost that setting, so it lets you post in the category. I moved all the other layouts that were there into the correct galleries too.

Thank you.  I'll try and be less of a multi-tasker.  What about in the threads, both the weekly thread and in the Challenge thread?

8 minutes ago, Lesann said:

What about in the threads, both the weekly thread and in the Challenge thread?

All you need to do for the Challenge Chase is post a link to your layout in this thread.

If you let me know which one it is (Week 2, Hashtag, etc) it makes it a little bit easier for me.

2 hours ago, April Showers said:

Sorry, the rules won't let you fill two challenge spots with a single layout.

OK.  This is my second challenge LO for this week, so I didn’t think it mattered.  Does that mean the hashtag LO can’t ever be a Tuesday or weekend challenge?

14 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

OK.  This is my second challenge LO for this week, so I didn’t think it mattered.  Does that mean the hashtag LO can’t ever be a Tuesday or weekend challenge?

Sorry, I mis-read your post and figured since you posted today you wanted credit for this next week. You can definitely have it count for the #hashtag challenge.

10 hours ago, April Showers said:

Sorry, I mis-read your post and figured since you posted today you wanted credit for this next week. You can definitely have it count for the #hashtag challenge.

I thought that we were going to have a special #hashtag challenge for this month. Also, I can't find the challenge for October 7-8 Weekend.

19 minutes ago, lorac said:

I thought that we were going to have a special #hashtag challenge for this month. Also, I can't find the challenge for October 7-8 Weekend.

There is! The #hashtag challenge is Fall Color and is in the opening post. We're keeping the #scrapgirls hashtag for all of them though.

With DSD last weekend, you can use any one of those challenges for the "weekend challenge" spot.

2 hours ago, lorac said:

Carol, I think the weekend challenge is mis-labeled as October 2nd... it's HERE.  The LO I did for that one turned out to be very much "Fall Color", so I counted it for my hashtag LO this month.

Oh, now I see you did a layout for the one labeled Oct 2nd!  That is this past weekend's challenge.  

26 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

Carol, I think the weekend challenge is mis-labeled as October 2nd... it's HERE.  The LO I did for that one turned out to be very much "Fall Color", so I counted it for my hashtag LO this month.

Oh, now I see you did a layout for the one labeled Oct 2nd!  That is this past weekend's challenge.  

The October 2nd Weekend Challenge was the challenge for last weekend. This week we only had DSD challenges, so you can get credit for one of those.

When you read the opening post, you'll see that week the challenge was posted isn't as important as the week you complete it. :)

"Each week, you may choose to participate in either the Weekly Newsletter Challenge (posted on Tuesdays) or the Weekend Wildcard Challenge (posted on Saturdays). It doesn’t matter if you pick the Weekly or Weekend Challenge (or switch back and forth) as long as you post at least one challenge layout in each calendar week of the month."

21 minutes ago, April Showers said:

The October 2nd Weekend Challenge was the challenge for last weekend. This week we only had DSD challenges, so you can get credit for one of those.

When you read the opening post, you'll see that week the challenge was posted isn't as important as the week you complete it. :)

"Each week, you may choose to participate in either the Weekly Newsletter Challenge (posted on Tuesdays) or the Weekend Wildcard Challenge (posted on Saturdays). It doesn’t matter if you pick the Weekly or Weekend Challenge (or switch back and forth) as long as you post at least one challenge layout in each calendar week of the month."

I'm thoroughly confused - Andrea just posted that one Friday night (Oct 6th), so I thought it was the normal weekend challenge that we see each Saturday, although it was labeled Oct 2nd.  And then as far as the Challenge Chase goes, if we post on a Sunday, we can choose which week we want the LO to go to, either the previous week, or the new week... hence the overlap in dates?  We got this part straightened out already, I know - but I didn't want the one I posted yesterday (Sunday the 8th) to count for the new week (second week) because I'm hoping to get tomorrow's Newsletter challenge done and use that for my second week.  Although I suppose I should wait to see what that challenge will be.  :lol:

2 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I'm thoroughly confused - Andrea just posted that one Friday night (Oct 6th), so I thought it was the normal weekend challenge that we see each Saturday, although it was labeled Oct 2nd.  And then as far as the Challenge Chase goes, if we post on a Sunday, we can choose which week we want the LO to go to, either the previous week, or the new week... hence the overlap in dates?  We got this part straightened out already, I know - but I didn't want the one I posted yesterday (Sunday the 8th) to count for the new week (second week) because I'm hoping to get tomorrow's Newsletter challenge done and use that for my second week.  Although I suppose I should wait to see what that challenge will be.  :lol:

I was gone a lot last weekend, so I could have totally missed that. I'll look a little harder this time.

Okay, I had been looking at the wrong thing. I changed the date on Andrea's challenge. Sorry I was so slow this morning.

1 hour ago, April Showers said:

I was gone a lot last weekend, so I could have totally missed that. I'll look a little harder this time.

Okay, I had been looking at the wrong thing. I changed the date on Andrea's challenge. Sorry I was so slow this morning.

Oh it's not a big deal at all.  There was so much going on this weekend, it was hard to keep track of everything.  That's a great thing!  I love all of the challenges.

Archived