Tuesday Forum Game - Anniversary Poll

Anniversary Poll  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Answer the poll above, and then post how you found ScrapGirls in this thread to be entered in a drawing for a $5.00 Gift Certificate to the ScrapGirls Shop! 

If you don't remember when you joined, the date is on your profile. You can just hover your mouse over your avatar and it should pop up.

I joined ScrapGirls 11 years ago on October 20, 2006 in the midst of a big 2nd Anniversary Bash. I found ScrapGirls in a Digital Scrapbooking magazine that listed all the sites with freebies. I went to most of the sites on the list, but ScrapGirls drew me in with the super friendly forum, the challenges, games and the fantastic products. 

This is going to be an interesting thread!!! I joined on 23rd July 2006. I was just surfing the internet for digital scrapping sights and SG stood out for its good volume of activity and its friendliness!!!? I plucked up courage to put a layout in the gallery and someone commented on it.? I was so surprised and pleased that I stayed here. I was invited onto the team and loved it. Back in 2011 my Mum and family needed a lot of my time so I stepped down and wasn't on SG very much until 2015. My Mum had passed away and my family are now all settled in their own lives, I retired from nursing and have been really enjoying being back at SG. Love the challenges and products here,  but most of all I do love all the friendly people and the new friends that I am continuing to make. For me SG is totally awesome!!

By pure chance I was searching for scrapping supplies. I came across ScrapGirls and have been here ever since - June 15, 2007. In that time I have made some truly wonderful friends & have been privileged to meet some in person. Happy birthday ScrapGirls.

I joined SG November 6, 2007. I found it in a list of the top digital scrapping sites. I had been paper scrapping when I heard about digital and figured that I would give it a try. I've not been sorry since. I love all the challenges and of course the product put out by our fabulous designers. I was terrified about uploading my first layout, but someone gave me the courage to put my layout in the gallery. Like Ngaire, I was so surprised and pleased that someone actually liked it. That gave me the incentive to continue with this new world of digital.

I joined Scrap Girls in Dec 2006. I had never been on a forum before and was very wary but I picked up the courage to introduce myself and was surprised to see another New Zealander on the site as well. This was of course Ngaire and we have been friends ever since :) 
I saw the ad in a magazine when I had gone into a bookshop and saw they were giving away a free kit :)  I checked out the other sites mentioned as well but came back to the friendliness of Scrap Girls :) Love it here and Happy Birthday SG's :) 

I joined 16 July 2010 although I had made a few purchases before that.

I think I must have been born to scrap! As a child/teenager I had kept a scrapbook of newspaper cuttings etc about my favourite bands and films (movies). I still have them and, although they are getting tattered, they are still very precious to me.

I had been interested in "artistic" scrapbooking for a number of years before I joined Scrap Girls although I had never taken the plunge because I had neither the space nor the time to devote to the craft. I retired in the Autumn of 2009 and shortly after my first grandchild was born, I had also bought my first copy of PSE and was busy learning how to use it. At some point I found the papers etc that come with Elements and I put together my first "page" that included photos of my darling DGS.

Shortly after I made an internet search and came across Scrap Girls. I was immediately hooked! Ro's daily words of wisdom and the colourful and exciting collections that were for sale just kept me coming back for more. Other sites have been and gone but nothing, repeat nothing, compares to this wonderful place.

Happy 13th Anniversary Scrap Girls - here's to the next 13 years! x

Soon two years when I joined ScrapGirls. I discovered ScrapGirls thanks to Jopke Designs of whom I was one of its CT, Jopke unfortunately left ScrapGirls with other projects but I stayed for my most great pleasure.
I like everything of ScrapGirls, its Forum, its challenges, its products, the members and the Designers.
Happy birthday ScrapGirls :daisy:

I always say you can blame Diane (Florida Granny) for me because in 2009 she showed me this new way she was creating with PhotoShop Elements on the computer.  She said there were many scrapbook sites but ScrapGirls was by far the best.  I was intrigued, checked it all out and haven't looked back since.  I started after being sick in bed with a nasty flu virus and when I finally sat up decided to explore PSE and look at the site.  I bought a few pieces and "scrapped" a trip from the photo emails I'd sent my friends.  I then saw a SG class "Who I am: Right Now" that Anna Mansfield taught online "Chat" style.  To take the class you had to sign up to post your layouts (in a private class forum) and join the Forum so I did.  It amazes me now that I was brave enough to dive into this unknown and keep trying.  But, I perservered and had Diane to ask and I think I knew instantly I was going to love this new way of creating and documenting.  The SG community amazed me in how kind, friendly and helpful the members were.  I never believed you could make "real" friends online but for sure I have -- all over the world and have been privileged to meet a few!  
In 2011 April asked me to join WC but my Mom was very ill so I didn't feel I'd be able to participate as I wanted to.  When she died in 2012 the invitation was re-extended and I joined the SG team - another added bonus.   I can't imagine now not having ScrapGirls' and my friends here a part of my life.
My join date was: Jan 26 2010 but I think I lurked around before that.

PS: We all know the joy of creating in our program and how this experience is good for our health!  Just recently I was reading about keeping your brain active and how activities that stretch it and force it to think in differerent directions are good for "exercising" your brain and keeping it active.  I immediately thought of working in PSE and how totally frustrating it sometimes can be, but how it does force us to think divergently and keep our brains healthy trying to figure out how to make something work.   Another reason to scrap!   :)

What a fun thread! I started in Feb of 2005 as a layout team member.  In 2006 Ro asked me to start doing customer service, and in 2007 I started designing product.  From there it's just been a great big snowball effect...lol  It's been a crazy and blessed last 12 years (for me) thinking back and realizing this little "home" on the internet has allowed me to work from home and raise the boys. I didn't have to worry about taking a sick day, or school being out..it was amazing!  And now as I face transitioning to a different phase in my life in a couple of years (with them graduating) I only hope that I have the pleasure to keep doing what I've loved for the past 12 years, only with maybe a little bit of extra added time to actually scrapbook..lol

We were on vacation in Virginia in the spring of 2011 and he was sick (in bed) the entire time so I was forced to amuse myself! I had purchased a Stampington Digital Studio magazine and came across a SG advertisement there. I was really excited to learn more about digital art. Looked it up (thankfully I had my computer with me and downloaded the freebie starter kit and did some tutorials, then later I joined the forum. 

I joined Scrap Girls on July 23, 2008.  I had been a "paper scrapper" for a long time, but was reading about digital scrapping in various magazines.  I eventually logged on to several sites and looked around but hadn't seen anything that pulled me in.  Then one day I saw an ad for some freebies on Scrap Girls.  I logged in to the site and was immediately taken with the atmosphere and friendliness. I was also impressed with the quality of the products offered. I never really looked back, although I didn't get rid of all the scrapping supplies until we sold our home in 2012 in preparation for moving to a senior community. Sometimes my participation has been sketchy, while my DH was getting worse, and then while my children were going through some very serious times health wise, but I still love this great place.

I've grown to love Scrapgirls. Although I had been reading and learning PSE on my own, I finally got brave enough to join SG and post my first message on March 2009. I wandered around reading a lot of sites, and taking classes elsewhere, but finally settled down to SG. I feel as if I KNOW SG members and have met a few. I decided to learn PSE 6 because since retirement I had been doing nothing, and I wanted to keep my mind active. I had just stopped painting and most of the crafting I'd done since the 1970's.

I joined Scrap Girls 7 years ago this month, but I had visited for a while (months?) before that. I found Scrap Girls after doing an Internet search for digital freebies. I gathered freebies from whichever site I could. However, at that time SG offered a different freebie every day and it didn't take me long to realize they were of much higher quality than what I was finding elsewhere. I began to look forward to picking them up each day, then, finally I told my niece Marilyn (MariJ) to check it out. She joined right away and encouraged me to do the same. I decided to try an ATC. I posted it. How exciting it was to see it in the gallery! And... the rest is history. Congratulations, SG, on your anniversary! It was then and still is a terrific scrapbooking site with so many warm friendly people and beautiful scrapping supplies.

The poll won't let me vote - it won't let me select an answer.  But, 10-11 years.  Even though my current profile says "2010", I actually joined officially I think in 2008, but found SG in 2007 when my ODD was 6 months.  Since the age of 12 I've been into documenting my life with photos, but never had the patience to get into traditional scrapbooking, I just had all my printed photos in albums, and my later digital photos on my computer.  With all the photos we were taking of my daughter, I wanted a way to actually use and showcase the digital photos.  I remember thinking "I wonder if there's a way to scrapbook on the computer?"  So funny that I didn't even know!  I searched on the internet, and up came digiscrapping, and one of the first sites recommended was Scrapgirls.  I downloaded the free PDF booklet, then bought Ro's introduction video lessons.  I have to admit I never finished them... I think I got through 5 or 6 lessons, then just took off on my own.  I probably should finish them and see what more I can learn?  :lol:

I wanted to add, after reading everyone else's posts in this thread...  I also had to get the courage up to post my first LO, probably in 2008 (my old username was DoodleSprite, I think).  But as simple as my first LO was, several people commented on it, with encouraging comments, and that helped immensely!  Over the years I have checked out other digiscrapping sites, but I agree with what several others have already said - I have yet to see a site that offers the same quality and artistic supplies as SG.  I think it's also interesting that different sites seem to have different styles of scrapping - and SG, imo, is by far the most artistic, where the LO's posted make use of styles, actions, textures, blending, etc, rather than just layering on a bunch of embellishments as-is.

I joined August 6, 2010. I can't recall how I found SG, I think it was just a random search. I had seen an article on digital scrapping and I was intrigued! I had paper supplies all over the house and it was getting too expensive to keep up with. I loved that with digital scrapping I could re-use the supplies over and over again! I've learned so much since joining Scrap Girls and it has helped in all other digital aspects of my life.

Will be 10 years in January!  I found SG by online searching for free digital supplies.  However, I don't think I quite knew what digital scrapping was at the time.  ScrapGirls kept coming up and was the easiest site (shop/forum) for me to navigate.  I haven't left since!  You are stuck with me!

10 years in March.  I got a book about making digital cards for my birthday that year. I looked into free digital supplies stumbled onto SGs signed up for daily freebies and like many others was impressed with the quality as well as the amazing friendly atmosphere here. 

November 18, 2006 was the day I created my profile. The details are fuzzy but creating a holiday scrapbook or calendar was probably on my mind and Scrap Girls appeared on one of my searches. The warm friendly people, quality products and newsletters kept me coming back. Thanks SG and happy anniversary!

I joined November 1, 2008.  I believe I found Scrap Girls just by googling scrapbooking.  I had never had experience with the traditional or digital scrapbooking but I was interested.  I quickly found out that the Scrap Girls members were very friendly and could answer just about any question you threw at them.  The very first SB supplies I bought were from Scrap Girls and they were Ordinary Peoples Boy Basic and Girl Basic from Mandy Steward.  I have enjoyed the games and appreciate all the help I have received.  These girls are very creative and I like to ooh and ahh over their pages.  Happy Anniversary, Scrap Girls!!!

I joined SG in May 2012, but sorta lurked around the website for about 6 months. I remember searching google for PSE 10 photo edits and stumbled across a Brandy Murry tutorial. Styles? Alphas? Templates? Masks? What did these new terms mean to a traditional paper scrapper? I was about to find out, and HOOKED, yes I was. I couldn't believe all the possibilities available to a digital scrapbooker, didn't even know the concept. We had just move to South Dakota, and that first winter would have finished me in if I didn't have this past-time to keep me occupied. 

I love creating not only digital scrapbooks, but print greeting cards, hybrid ATC's to exchange, recipe cards (keeping recipes in family by gifting to both of my boys), love creating project 360 layouts, and last, screen-savers for my computers at work and home. I've enjoyed making several on-line friendships most of all. We have a special following of ladies at ScrapGirls, don't we?

Thanks designers for enhancing the way I tell my stories!

I started digital scrapbooking about 8 years ago.  I found Scrap girls on a google search.  I signed up for the newsletter to learn new techniques and inspiration.  I found new elements and ways to use them.  I still feel challenged by the wonderful designers and thank you for being the guiding force to scraping all those wonderful memories!

On 10/17/2017 at 6:12 AM, Mikelle said:

The poll won't let me vote - it won't let me select an answer.  But, 10-11 years. 

It wouldn't let me vote either. I've checked all the places for permissions and I can't find anything that should keep us from voting. The old forum used to have more controls for it. 

Archived