13th Anniversary Free Mini Class - Strokes 12 PM ET

anna

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

Oooo!!!  I never knew how to use the stroke effect... all these years.  Fun!  I just did my photo, now I'll try the text...

Aren't strokes the best? I honestly can only think of a few pages that I've ever done where I didn't use a stroke at some point.

So - here are a couple things that I didn't include in the tutorial. 

You can just stroke a selection, you don't just have to put one around an item. You can draw a rectangle or oval using the marquee tool, make a new layer, and apply your stroke to that layer. Or if you want to put a stroke around a photo, but no actually attach it TO the photo layer, you can select the photo (CTRL+Click on the photo in the Layers Palette and it will put marching ants around your photo), make a new layer, and then make a stroke. That makes it easier to delete if you change your mind later. 

Just now, anna said:

So - here are a couple things that I didn't include in the tutorial. 

You can just stroke a selection, you don't just have to put one around an item. You can draw a rectangle or oval using the marquee tool, make a new layer, and apply your stroke to that layer. Or if you want to put a stroke around a photo, but no actually attach it TO the photo layer, you can select the photo (CTRL+Click on the photo in the Layers Palette and it will put marching ants around your photo), make a new layer, and then make a stroke. That makes it easier to delete if you change your mind later. 

Excellent!

I just added a stroke to the title in the layout I finished earlier today.  I thought the font part needed something behind it but couldn't figure out what.  Problem solved!  I chose the color of the word art background that is in the title.  

3 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

I just added a stroke to the title in the layout I finished earlier today.  I thought the font part needed something behind it but couldn't figure out what.  Problem solved!  I chose the color of the word art background that is in the title.  

I'm so glad! Sometimes it just needs that extra pop. :D

Just now, jenrou said:

Anna, my daughter is here from NW Houston. The water came to her door, but she got lucky. Did you make it ok?

We were fine. It flooded the main streets around us but our neighborhood didn't flood at all. But the loss here has been pretty intense. Our church flooded and a lot of homes in my kid's school boundaries did as well. I am glad your daughter didn't flood. 

So ladies, my monkeys are rioting instead of doing their chores. So I am going to go encourage them to scrub their bathrooms. But I will check in periodically if anyone has any questions about strokes. Or about anything else. :D Thank you all so much for coming! Have a great day!

Just now, anna said:

So ladies, my monkeys are rioting instead of doing their chores. So I am going to go encourage them to scrub their bathrooms. But I will check in periodically if anyone has any questions about strokes. Or about anything else. :D Thank you all so much for coming! Have a great day!

Thanks Anna!  It's always good to learn from you!

Now...about that siggy......

Just now, SodScrap said:

Thanks Anna!  It's always good to learn from you!

Now...about that siggy......

I KNOW! It's shameful! I'll work on it today. Maybe I'll assign one of the kids to clean the kitchen so I can scrap..... ;)

Archived