Anniversary Speed Scrap, 8 pm ET

CRS

Speed Scrap is starting soon! As we add a new task in this thread, we will update this post with the tasks for quick reference. For a true Speed Scrap, post your layouts within the hour after the last task is given. But, we'd rather you love your layouts instead of finishing so quickly so if it takes more than an hour, that's fine too!

Task #1: Find photos from 2004 (or as close to that time frame as you can) and add them to your LO.

Task #2: Use the image below for inspiration in your layouts. You can use a color, font or whatever inspires you.

168667_303838789945_1139697_n.jpg

Task #3: Use a Scrap Simple Template on your Layout (LO template, alpha, embellishments, whatever you want)

Task #4: Add 6 embellishments to your layout (not counting the SS Embellishment if that's what you chose).

Task #5: Add something Blue to your layouts in honor of the new look!

Task #6: Add journaling (make sure that story is told!), shadows and any finishing touches. Upload your layouts within the next hour for a true speed scrap, but feel free to take longer if that’s what it takes to create a layout you love and want to have printed!

Please post your layouts by 2 pm et (I won't be home before that tomorrow) on Sunday, Oct. 22nd for a random drawing for a prize! And share the link in this thread please!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm checking in... I'm pretty miserable right now, the worst sore throat I can remember ever having, so I'm not sure how long I'll last.  Sending DH to CVS to get some chloraseptic spray - it's the only thing I can think of left to try!

Let's get started!

Once upon a time, a dark evil was lurking in the paper scrapping world. Web sites were popping up all over the world wide web, claiming there was a way to scrapbook without the mess, bulk or storage space required of paper scrappers. People started to cross over to the Dark Side, trading in their scissors and glue for photo editing software and external hard drives. One such site was Scrap Girls and the year was 2004.

Task #1: Find photos from 2004 (or as close to that time frame as you can) and add them to your LO.

Scrappers were starting to dig their way out of their piles of papers and scraps, wondering what in the world all the buzz was about! Move over stamps and ink, let me pull my computer closer for a better look!

Task #2: Use the image below for inspiration in your layouts. You can use a color, font or whatever inspires you.

168667_303838789945_1139697_n.jpg

Archived