Newsletter Challenge 11/7/2017

SodScrap

This week we are going to talk about an awesome tool that I rarely use.  This tool is so versatile and easy to use, yet, I just never remember to use it.  So naturally, your challenge is to use this tool on your layout!

Your challenge is to use the custom shape tool in some way on your layout.  Bonus if you use it in more than one way!!  Here are some blog post links to help you with the challenge.  Also, please share a link to your favorite
Custom Shape in the design shop.  Tell us your favorite way to use custom shapes.

5 Ways to Use Custom Shapes
Custom Shapes in Photoshop Elements
When you are finished, post your layout in the Newsletter Challenge Gallery and post a link back in this thread.

Here is mine:  Charlotte the Flamingo  I used these new shapes ScrapSimple Tools - Shapes: Essential Tags Set 02 Super Biggie from DRB Designs to create a layered tag/mat for the title.  A pretty basic, yet effective way to use the custom shape tool.

I worked on another technique and layout, and in the end, I didn't like the results of the layout.  I used a retired Fall set of shapes, that had a pumpkin and made a scattered border and applied styles to it.  They turned out cute, but the layout is just all wrong...

Just now, Florida granny said:

Great challenge, Conda! Who ever remembers the custom shape tool? :D But it's fun to use. I'll see what I can put together for this.

Exactly!  Oh....you might recognize one of the blog posts.  ;)  

Interesting, like everyone else I forget about it...Great challenge. I will post as soon as I figure out what to do.

29 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

Interesting, like everyone else I forget about it...Great challenge. I will post as soon as I figure out what to do.

We have so many tools at our disposal that it is hard to remember them all!  This goes for supplies too....but you didn't here THAT from me...

Great Challenge, Conda.  I have been playing catch up this morning while I had some free time.  Well, one LO was done but not posted yet, and the others came together easily. I used the custom shape SBA_SS_Shapes_CandyCorn.

Got Candy?

I'm going to use this challenge for the Challenge Chase.  At first I thought you meant shapes we bought in the store, then I read the link. I love custom shapes and use them all the time.  Now to find an image.

Hugs to all, Leslie Ann

Archived