Class Question

So a few months ago I asked a "I wish Scrap Girls had..." question and alot of people mentioned classes, and alot of the responses were more technique type of classes.

My question is, is there any interest in a class that was not necessarily techniques.  Maybe some type of month of photo classes, journaling (with journaling prompts etc included), a quote class showing how to create layouts (with and without photos) using different famous quotes. etc

I don't know, i'm just throwing out ideas.  If any of those interest you let me know or if you have an idea I'd love to hear it

I thought I'd answer "technique classes" until I read your ideas about classes not quite techniques and I liked all those too!   
I'd like a class on photos or maybe photo-a-day or something like that;  and I think I'd like themed classes too - like the one about "Me" I took years ago (my very first SG venture!) or some other theme.   

I like technique classes and learned so much from them, but I see now I'd like themed classes too!

I love all the classes.  When I first started at SG I took every class I could get my hands on. I remember some that were based on title creation and font work. Every one of them was enjoyable.  So I agree everyone above.  A mixture of technique and themed would be great.

8 hours ago, mimes1 said:

I love all the classes.  When I first started at SG I took every class I could get my hands on. I remember some that were based on title creation and font work. Every one of them was enjoyable.  So I agree everyone above.  A mixture of technique and themed would be great.

Me too!   I loved each and every one of them and took each and every one of them, too!   

Maybe you could do a themed class that includes a technique? Like taking photos of people class that includes how to manipulate your photos in some way (maybe whiten teeth, eyes, etc). I'm excited to see what you come up with!

1 hour ago, CRS said:

Maybe you could do a themed class that includes a technique? Like taking photos of people class that includes how to manipulate your photos in some way (maybe whiten teeth, eyes, etc). I'm excited to see what you come up with!

OOOOOhhhhh.  I like that idea of combining technique and theme.    Cool, Carla!  

11 hours ago, mimes1 said:

SAME!

Honestly, I struggle with photos.  (Angie...you know this!!)  I don't "get" my camera. I haven't had the consistent time to use and remember what I learn.  (or try to learn...) Auto mode is all I do and although I get mostly okay photos...it would be nice to learn some tips and tricks.  AND, really, my iPhone has a great camera, 10 or 12 mp, I don't remember.  (My first digital camera was 1.1 mp or something silly like that!)

I LOVED the classes that were "something each day"...whether it was a layout each day based on a prompt...a photo a day, again, based on a prompt.  There was a daily email, forum thread for discussion and then maybe a couple of "chats".  One class was "about me", one thing each day about yourself; One was gratitude...etc.

On 11/8/2017 at 7:27 AM, MariJ said:

OOOOOhhhhh.  I like that idea of combining technique and theme.    Cool, Carla!  

Oh, I love this idea. I'm trying to learn how to use photo masks to their best ability.  AND second I'd love to learn how to create a photomask and/or add on to one from the SG store that is perfect, but needs one more spot to masking to make it work with the photo.  

Thanks Angie, for asking.  Just one more reason to love SG!!

Archived