Tablet ???

Ande43

I am in the market for a Tablet....Have never had one....What can you gals tell me about them....what kind would you recommend...Pros??? Cons???

My husband has offered one to me for Christmas, but since I don't do Facebook or much else than scrapping and email I can't see a big use for me. I could read books on it, but I like to switch over to SG now and then. I probably won't get one. My son and daughter like theirs. He uses his instead of a phone in his travels, and she uses hers just for general use. Good luck.

Mine is mostly used to browse the internet when I can't be bothered to go to the study and power up my desk top PC. I also use it as a handy way to transport digital photos to show other people. I was given one as a present, I don't think I would have used my own money to buy one.

7 hours ago, Ande43 said:

I do Facebook, but would like it for Pinterest ideas in my card making room....and reading too I guess

I have an iPad and Kindle Fire Tablet and love both.   Sitting on the couch relaxing at night or even in bed after surgery, etc. it was invaluable to use and not have to drag out the computer; easy and light enough to hold.  I also have found that now that I have it, it's easy to bring along with me if I want to show off photos, etc.  Small enough to stick in a bag, but big enough to see well.  For day trips or even some overnight when you might not want to drag a computer along, it's wonderful to have for internet, etc.

I think for your usage (& don't I remember you have a large Pinterest board?) it would be really helpful.  First off, Pinterest is SO much easier if you can touch the screen to look, pin, etc.   And, with a foldable-type case with a stand you can stand it up on the table in front of you while you are crafting so that you can refer to it.   I've done that and it works great.
I also have used it while crafting to watch Netflix, movies or whatever else you might have on it or even play music.   A little entertainment while working!    

I thought I didn't need a tablet until I had one and then I keep finding other uses for it.   Solitaire is entertaining when waiting like in a doctor's office and most tablets can download a Kindle App so you always have a book with you if unexpectedly detained.  My library has an ebook department so I don't even have to buy books and there's a lot of free ones on Amazon.

Good luck, Carol and let us know what you decide. :)

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

I have an iPad and Kindle Fire Tablet and love both.   Sitting on the couch relaxing at night or even in bed after surgery, etc. it was invaluable to use and not have to drag out the computer; easy and light enough to hold.  I also have found that now that I have it, it's easy to bring along with me if I want to show off photos, etc.  Small enough to stick in a bag, but big enough to see well.  For day trips or even some overnight when you might not want to drag a computer along, it's wonderful to have for internet, etc.

I think for your usage (& don't I remember you have a large Pinterest board?) it would be really helpful.  First off, Pinterest is SO much easier if you can touch the screen to look, pin, etc.   And, with a foldable-type case with a stand you can stand it up on the table in front of you while you are crafting so that you can refer to it.   I've done that and it works great.
I also have used it while crafting to watch Netflix, movies or whatever else you might have on it or even play music.   A little entertainment while working!    

I thought I didn't need a tablet until I had one and then I keep finding other uses for it.   Solitaire is entertaining when waiting like in a doctor's office and most tablets can download a Kindle App so you always have a book with you if unexpectedly detained.  My library has an ebook department so I don't even have to buy books and there's a lot of free ones on Amazon.

Good luck, Carol and let us know what you decide. :)

Thanks for your input....I have a Kindle Reader and was wondering about their Tablets....this is exactly what I want it for....I do have LOTS of Pinterest Pins 62,376 to be exact LOL....will check it out!!  

33 minutes ago, Ande43 said:

Thanks for your input....I have a Kindle Reader and was wondering about their Tablets....this is exactly what I want it for....I do have LOTS of Pinterest Pins 62,376 to be exact LOL....will check it out!!  

I first used Pinterest on my Kindle Fire so I know it works.  Mine is from 2012 and still I was able to watch videos on it recently.   The new one should have even more updates/possibly work better.
IPad minis are magic and work very well, but are a bit more expensive.   But, I do like how they work so well, if you have an iPhone they work very much the same!

I recently acquired an iPad mini and I love mine. I had an Amazon Fire for awhile and I personally didn't like it.  At the time you mostly had to use Amazon's apps. I find with the iPad there are apps so you can use kindle, Amazon videos, etc. without any problems. I hope this makes sense. I also love mine for all of the reasons Marilyn posted. Whatever you decide now's a good time, with all the holiday sales.

I have a Nook (Samsung Galaxy) and love it.  I read news on it via Flipboard, follow friends on Facebook, play some games occasionally, and read some books on it.  I sometimes with I had a bigger screen (I think mine is ~7.5" diagonally) but it's light to carry, and a good size for reading books or news stories.  It allows addition of a mini SD-card, for storing pictures or movies.  I use it for pictures of my scrapping and supplies.

I have an iPad mini. It was invaluable when I was hospitalized twice in a six-week period a couple years ago. Wonderful for reading (Kindle app), emailing, movies (Amazon Prime app), music (Amazon music), not to mention Pinterest and photo editing app. It's also a great way to share photos with my aunt as they're easier to view on that than my phone. I haven't used it as much lately but I don't travel without it. 

I love my tablets, and yes I said tablets. I have an iPad that I use to read books, play games, check Facebook and email. But really I use it a ton to check things on the internet as I'm watching tv and I play music on it while I scrap or sew.  I also have an android tablet (actually I have 2) that I have for work, because I do tech support on them for work. I do really like the android as well and if I had to spend the money today I would probably buy android since they are less expensive than the iPad. It is funny how often I use them, because they are convenient. I love reading on mine. I've had to do some testing of the Kindle Fire for work, and for the price it is a great device. I've considered getting one that I can carry around in my purse because they are very lightweight.

I love my Samsung S10. I use it for everything! Looking in the Google play store there are many free apps to inspire you. Also because it takes great pictures, you can snap an idea anywhere. Good for everything, pintrest, you tube card ideas....beautiful screen, I also have the stand up case. 

Archived