24th November Weekend Challenge

alsoarty

Post processing of photos can be a whole lot of fun, and experimenting with the editing tools makes it all worthwhile. The challenge this weekend is to use a black and white photo. 

I know it’s black and white, but if you shoot in color, you have more options when it comes to editing it later. It’s really simple, when you shoot in color, you get three colour channels, red, green, and blue. When you convert the photo to monochrome, you can adjust each channel to change how the black and white looks. (Or you can open the photo in Camera RAW, and then alter the photo using all the editing tools.)

Changing the exposure, black point, contrast, saturation, vibrancy, highlights, and so on on the color photo so that it looks really weird. But when you change it to black and white you'll be surprised how it turns out. (You can bump up the ISO or anything else, and then turn it into black and white.) Here is my example of a photo i just changed to black and white, and one I edited in color, and then changed to black and white.... Have fun! (the first photo is the original, then I simply changed to grayscale - 2nd photo, and then edited - 3rd photo.)

Remember to post your layout in the Wildcard Weekend Challenge gallery with a link back here in this thread.

Tosca 1.jpg

Tosca 2.jpg

Tosca 3.jpg

5 minutes ago, tomosia said:

I made my photo b/w but then I slightly backed off of that and made the b/w layer only 97%, you can't tell much, but it made it a little list harsh.

Mom

I love it. If you take the exposure up a bit that would take some of the gray out.

Love everybody's black and white pictures!  I'm just getting around to commenting on all of them.

Here's my first layout using a black and white photo.  I took this in color and converted it.  I like my black and white photos pretty saturated.

Downtown Ft. Myers.jpg

Archived