Help....PSE 13

Ande43

I'm having a problem with PSE 13,,,,Im working on a photo Christmas card and using photos that my daughter sent to me on cell phone,  I've put them all on my computer and some work when I drag them to the workspace of card in progress....others, and most, I get this message...."Could not complete your request because of a problem parsing the JPEG data"   Have never seen this befor....any idea if there is something I can do to make the photos usable???

7 hours ago, Ande43 said:

I'm having a problem with PSE 13,,,,Im working on a photo Christmas card and using photos that my daughter sent to me on cell phone,  I've put them all on my computer and some work when I drag them to the workspace of card in progress....others, and most, I get this message...."Could not complete your request because of a problem parsing the JPEG data"   Have never seen this befor....any idea if there is something I can do to make the photos usable???

Sometimes you can convert a photo, but normally when that happens PSE will ask me if I want to.   I'm going to poke around my PSE13 but if it won't even let you import it, I'm not sure what you can do.

Hopefully someone will come along who better knows what to do.
Did the photo get sent from a cell phone TO a cell phone?    Maybe your daughter can check how it was sent?

5 hours ago, MariJ said:

Sometimes you can convert a photo, but normally when that happens PSE will ask me if I want to.   I'm going to poke around my PSE13 but if it won't even let you import it, I'm not sure what you can do.

Hopefully someone will come along who better knows what to do.
Did the photo get sent from a cell phone TO a cell phone?    Maybe your daughter can check how it was sent?

I'm sure it was cell to cell...I think they have IPhones and I have a Galaxy

26 minutes ago, Ande43 said:

I'm sure it was cell to cell...I think they have IPhones and I have a Galaxy

I don't know how to fix the photo, but a suggestion maybe - to send the photo from the iPhone to your email and then save to your computer and maybe that will work better?
Not sure it will make a difference but maybe worth a try?

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

I don't know how to fix the photo, but a suggestion maybe - to send the photo from the iPhone to your email and then save to your computer and maybe that will work better?
Not sure it will make a difference but maybe worth a try?

Ive tried that....didn't work....Ive told her to email me some and I'll see if that works.. 

9 minutes ago, Ande43 said:

Ive tried that....didn't work....Ive told her to email me some and I'll see if that works.. 

Ok, I've been searching online and it seems that others have had this issue, looks like a year or so ago.   It seems what worked for most people was to open the photo in another photo program, resave and then it should work.

I don't have another photo program, so maybe you don't.  So, another suggestion was to duplicate the photo and resave as a "Png" and then try to see if PSE will recognize it.

8 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Ok, I've been searching online and it seems that others have had this issue, looks like a year or so ago.   It seems what worked for most people was to open the photo in another photo program, resave and then it should work.

I don't have another photo program, so maybe you don't.  So, another suggestion was to duplicate the photo and resave as a "Png" and then try to see if PSE will recognize it.

Ill give it a try

OH WOW.....It worked...I made a copy of it...BUT I can't get it to work again....You are going to think I am totally NUTZ but I can't remember where I changed it to a PNG....Good news is I have my Christmas card done....Bad news Is I don't know how to do it again LOL 

You are totally AMAZING!!!

I figured it out.......AND wrote it down!!!  You are totally amazing MariJ....I wish I could take you out for lunch!!!  BIG Hugs!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, Ande43 said:

OH WOW.....It worked...I made a copy of it...BUT I can't get it to work again....You are going to think I am totally NUTZ but I can't remember where I changed it to a PNG....Good news is I have my Christmas card done....Bad news Is I don't know how to do it again LOL 

You are totally AMAZING!!!

Oh, gosh I'm so happy it worked!  I just started searching online and one forum had it...

Now, let me think.  I work on a Mac so it's probably different for me.  I go into my top menu and "File" and then "save as".   Oh gosh or maybe "Duplicate" or "rename".   Because if YOU can believe it, now that I go into my Menu, with an operating system update, there IS no "save as".   Can you believe it?   Crazy.

And, I'm glad to help.   Mostly still sitting here trying to heal this fractured foot so nice to be useful!
Let me know if any of that works or jogs your memory -- or if you figure something out!   :D

3 minutes ago, Ande43 said:

I figured it out.......AND wrote it down!!!  You are totally amazing MariJ....I wish I could take you out for lunch!!!  BIG Hugs!!!!!!

Aww...   Thanks Carol we must have been posting at the same time!   So happy it worked and I could help!    I know how frustrating it is to be in the middle of something and get stuck and not have something work! Thanks for the hugs and can't wait to see your card.

Marilyn

Here you go in case anyone else has the problem

1...Make a copy of photo

2...Right click on it

3...Cllick on Edit

4...Click on "Blue" file box in corner

5...click save as...and chose PNG

9 minutes ago, Ande43 said:

Here you go in case anyone else has the problem

1...Make a copy of photo

2...Right click on it

3...Cllick on Edit

4...Click on "Blue" file box in corner

5...click save as...and chose PNG

That's great, thanks Carol!  

1 hour ago, Ande43 said:

Heehee, you always make me giggle, Carol.
If you open up a post box like this to answer, you can see right underneath there is a gray strip with a paper clip icon that says "Drag files here of attach, or choose files.  Just drop the photo next to the paper clip and voila! it's there after you "submit reply".   :)

See?   Here's what it looks like!

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 7.41.39 PM.png

1 hour ago, Ande43 said:

And, PS your card is wonderful and your Grands are looking so grown up.  What handsome guys, thanks for sharing.    
You can try to reply here and then drop the file below if you want or I can do I for you.  

Just now, Ande43 said:

Do tell me how to do it.....I see I downloaded the tiff instead of the JPEG....Not my day I guess LOL

Haha, click on a box like you are going to answer me.  Then underneath where you type you will see a gray strip with a paper clip saying "Drag files here to attach, or choose files".  I showed it in a screenshot above.

Then, just drag and drop your photo next to the paper clip.   I'm not sure what a .tif is, but maybe it will drag and drop like a jpeg?
Oops!  Guess not, I just tried the .tif from your link below, the photo is almost 65 Mb - huge!  

32 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Ok, I saved as a jpeg and here it is!  Really gorgeous, Carol.

StudioDD_ChristmasGreetingsNo15-BJP.jpg

Thanks so much.....Again LOL....Ya they are not little anymore...Brannt is in the Army now...Can't believe that.  I did put the year on left and signed out names on right in the same color and font as Merry Christmas...

Archived