Photo A Day Challenge - December

angleigh

I had wanted to do something like this for a bit, so Carla's post just gave me a little push.  So here's our December Photo A Day Challenge.  

If you ever participated in a photo a day challenge here's the theory behind it.  On the image below you'll find a photo prompt for every day of December.  The prompt is up for your interpretation.  For example day 4, green.  Maybe you take a photo of green grass, Christmas tree, someone's green eyes, etc.   The real challenge is just getting you out there taking photos through December and documenting this holiday.

This will all start Friday, feel free to post your photos here so we can all see what you have come up with.  Can't wait to see everyone's photos!

photoaday.jpg

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks like fun.  With just a quick look at the list I am not sure about the 2nd - Holiday Movie. I might need to see if I still  have a DVD of Its a Wonderful Life.

6 hours ago, A-M said:

This looks like fun.  With just a quick look at the list I am not sure about the 2nd - Holiday Movie. I might need to see if I still  have a DVD of Its a Wonderful Life.

That's my favorite Holiday Movie and it was my Dad's, too!
I'd imagine you could take a photo of anything that reminds you of a Holiday Movie.  Like if it's "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and you saw a display with a reindeer you could take a photo.  Or even someone with a red nose or something like that.  
But, you have Boomers in Australia, not reindeer right? :D  :rudolf:

42 minutes ago, MariJ said:

That's my favorite Holiday Movie and it was my Dad's, too!
I'd imagine you could take a photo of anything that reminds you of a Holiday Movie.  Like if it's "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and you saw a display with a reindeer you could take a photo.  Or even someone with a red nose or something like that.  
But, you have Boomers in Australia, not reindeer right? :D  :rudolf:

Exactly...it doesn't have to be the actual movie just your interpretation of the prompt.  Maybe your favorite is Frosty, and you saw a cute snowman out at a store.  That's the fun part about it, you can use the prompt in anyway you'd like

7 hours ago, A-M said:

I've never seen it....another one of those that I know I'll cry, so I don't want to see it!

5 hours ago, CRS said:

I'm going to set a timer on my phone to remind myself to do this. Especially on December 27th!

Oh how cool, then I had to go and look to see what the theme was!  I think for sure that will warrant a timer,! :D great idea Carla

5 hours ago, CRS said:

I've never seen it....another one of those that I know I'll cry, so I don't want to see it!

It's a good one, Carla and actually pretty uplifting.  About what might have happened if things were changed and someone wasn't there.

Well, it is well and truly December 1st here and today I helped with the Christmas Party at the Aged Care Facility where I volunteer so I took a photo of one of my special residents - Olga with Santa so I felt this would be good for today's FUN photo.

IMG_1760.JPG

Laraine, I enjoy taking photos of Fungi and I have never seen one as "fun" as this one ! 

Ok crazy busy day today and its now the end of the 1st but here is my "fun" Photo

It was our Grandaughter's 11th birthday party tonight. I got this fun shot of her opening her gift from Poppa and Granny. She was so excited, it was a chocolate fountain.

POD-1st-Fun.jpg

Ngaire what a delightful photo of Jessie opening her present, you captured her beautifully :) 
Laraine I have never seen a fungi that colour its beautiful :) 
A-M what a delightfully fun happy photo :) 

Had fun tonight putting up our Christmas Tree :) My DH was trying to untangle the lights and we were both so tired but couldn't stop laughing. We only got as far as putting the lights, and angel on.....then had to stop and have a glass of wine :) tomorrow I'll put the decorations on.

20171201_214927.jpg

WOW!   While we have been sleeping away November you Down-Unders have been very busy having fun!  
Delightful to wake up to your "fun" photos, I love them all!
Laraine, how clever and I've never seen such a colorful fungi.  
Ann Marie, what an uplifting photo!
Ngaire, I can't believe that little baby Jessie from your Avatar is 11!
Jane, your tree looks lovely, I adore lights on the Christmas tree and every year I say "We should just leave it like this".  I giggled reading your words about laughing together.
It's almost 6am here in the East USA, let's see what fun happens here as you're finishing your day!

3 hours ago, scrapgran said:

Here is my take on FUN. This really in a FUNgi growing in our garden.

01 Dec - Fun.gif

LOL...lookd like your FUNgi is ready for Christmas too.

3 hours ago, Ngaire said:

Ok crazy busy day today and its now the end of the 1st but here is my "fun" Photo

It was our Grandaughter's 11th birthday party tonight. I got this fun shot of her opening her gift from Poppa and Granny. She was so excited, it was a chocolate fountain.

POD-1st-Fun.jpg

True fun

Archived