Photo A Day Challenge - December

angleigh

50 minutes ago, CRS said:

Ooops, I meant Instagram, not Pinterest. Sorry!

Here is my day 2 picture, a recreation of the famous football scene in Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving (I know it's not a December Holiday, but it's still one of my favorites).

IMG_1369.JPG

oh, ok.   Jody originally signed me on Instagram so she could easily send me pics, then a few of the kids I know signed me up to see their posts.  I never do... And, actually I don't know how to look up that either!   My, I am behind the times for sure. :)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I'm posting late, but we didn't do much of anything fun today... I worked, then when I got home even the girls were acting tired out.  So, here's a photo I took with my phone; the elves have come back to visit for Christmas, and in the photo the girls are posing near the elves, where they landed last night.  Our elves are a bit mischievous...

2017-12-01 21.16.46.jpg

Uh-oh, looks like those elves were naughty!   That's good, makes your girls look good! :)   Cute photo, Mikelle.

Well, I missed day one because I forgot it was December 1!  I'll make it up.  For day 2, a Christmas movie,  my photo requires some explanation.  The movie is "A River Runs Through It", not a Christmas movie per se, but it brings back Christmas memories for me. It came out in theaters on Christmas day, and it happened to be the first Christmas none of our daughters or other family could be with us.  DH (an avid fly fisherman at one point) suggested we take it in, the first Christmas day movie outing we had ever done.

DSCF0002.JPG

3 hours ago, englishrose said:

Shhh- don't tell anyone. This movie is my guilty secret. I shall be watching it one night before Christmas when the house is empty!

holiday.jpg

This is such a great movie!  My Mom bought the DVD and loved to watch it over and over!

My Dec 2nd photo is from A Christmas Story, too (like Angie's).  A few years ago, I bought DH this Christmas ornament.  I laugh every year when I take it out of the box!  We just decorated our trees this evening...

DSC_9616_2Dec2017.jpg

Here is my day 3 .. list... my book where I list the names and addresses etc for sending my Christmas cards.

IMG_1779.JPG

We took a friend out to celebrate her birthday and this is the restaurant that she chose, Toscana Ristorante. I took these photos of the multi-colored window with light shining through in the bar area. To me this represents 'fun'.

The 'fun' part is that the window lit up from the outdoor street light reminds me of 'fireworks' which are always 'fun' to watch.

IMG_3330.JPG

IMG_3333.JPG

37 minutes ago, lorac said:

Photo for Day two: Holiday Movie

This is one of my favorite Christmas movies. Macy's decorated their store windows with scenes from the movie and here is one that I took.

IMG_3334.JPG

100_4524.JPG

Great photos and oh, I love seeing the NY store windows!  Since I know I won't be getting there it's great to see your photos, Carol!

10 hours ago, Mikelle said:

My Dec 2nd photo is from A Christmas Story, too (like Angie's).  A few years ago, I bought DH this Christmas ornament.  I laugh every year when I take it out of the box!  We just decorated our trees this evening...

DSC_9616_2Dec2017.jpg

Fragile.  must be Italian. :rofl:

I never know what my kids will want to do after Church, so I decided I'd better get this done early today.  I took a photo of the desk calendar I have by my computer.  I also use the calendar on my phone to coordinate with it.

IMG_0029.JPG

Posting earlier today than I have been - only because I know my "holiday list/planning" won't get any better than this.  I'm pretty organized at work, updating and following my calendar closely to make sure nothing falls through the cracks, but when it comes to holiday planning, there's no rhyme or reason past what's whirling around inside my head.  I probably should start writing down tasks and deadlines for myself.  Anyway, this is a photo of what the area to the right of my desk in my home office looks like right now... a jumble of Amazon boxes waiting to be opened and wrapped, and/or boxed back up again to send to extended family.  I need to do this today, now that our tree is up.

DSC_9621_3Dec2017.jpg

4 hours ago, lorac said:

We took a friend out to celebrate her birthday and this is the restaurant that she chose, Toscana Ristorante. I took these photos of the multi-colored window with light shining through in the bar area. To me this represents 'fun'.

The 'fun' part is that the window lit up from the outdoor street light reminds me of 'fireworks' which are always 'fun' to watch.

IMG_3330.JPG

IMG_3333.JPG

Vincent van Gogh. Starry Night

19 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

Posting earlier today than I have been - only because I know my "holiday list/planning" won't get any better than this.  I'm pretty organized at work, updating and following my calendar closely to make sure nothing falls through the cracks, but when it comes to holiday planning, there's no rhyme or reason past what's whirling around inside my head.  I probably should start writing down tasks and deadlines for myself.  Anyway, this is a photo of what the area to the right of my desk in my home office looks like right now... a jumble of Amazon boxes waiting to be opened and wrapped, and/or boxed back up again to send to extended family.  I need to do this today, now that our tree is up.

DSC_9621_3Dec2017.jpg

I LIKE this, Mikelle!  Sometimes "Dis"-organized is actually organized and actually more fun.   I make lists and try to follow them and a calendar, but I find it more fun and enjoyable at time to be spontaneous.    I can call it that, right and not "save-to-the-last-minute"????   :D

Ok, I can do this one.  I use iCal on my computer for my calendar and I make lists there too.  It syncs with my iPad and iPod Touch so I always have it with me.  
Now, that's not to mention all the "scribble" notes I carry around with what I need to remember.......

IMG_0839.JPG

17 hours ago, englishrose said:

Shhh- don't tell anyone. This movie is my guilty secret. I shall be watching it one night before Christmas when the house is empty!

holiday.jpg

Ohhh I LOVE this movie!! I had forgotten all about it until I saw your post! Thanks for the reminder... I will be giving it a watch!!

17 hours ago, AnnBK said:

Well, I missed day one because I forgot it was December 1!  I'll make it up.  For day 2, a Christmas movie,  my photo requires some explanation.  The movie is "A River Runs Through It", not a Christmas movie per se, but it brings back Christmas memories for me. It came out in theaters on Christmas day, and it happened to be the first Christmas none of our daughters or other family could be with us.  DH (an avid fly fisherman at one point) suggested we take it in, the first Christmas day movie outing we had ever done.

DSCF0002.JPG

What a wonderful memory!!!

Archived