Photo A Day Challenge - December

angleigh

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MariJ said:

That bear really IS a treasure, made of my Mom's soft, cozy winter coat.  I fogot to say the stockings were made by my Godmother/aunt - the whole family has them but mine and my cousins were first as when I was born my Mom wanted something bigger that would hold gifts, not stocking stuffers.  And, no!  My sister will love your comments but it's the angle of the pic, all the stockings are the same size (about 3 ft long) although she DID make smaller boots.  (About 1 ½ feet).   They are all so special and treasured - we counted after she died and it was well over 60 through many years, the last one made 8 years ago for our littlest famliy member.

My mom took one of dh's old uniforms and had them made into teddy bears for my girls and my niece so they had a piece of him while he was deployed. I got a purse made out of the leftovers....definitely a treasure!

32 minutes ago, CRS said:

My mom took one of dh's old uniforms and had them made into teddy bears for my girls and my niece so they had a piece of him while he was deployed. I got a purse made out of the leftovers....definitely a treasure!

Oh, that is so sweet and what a wonderful idea for you and the girls to have when he was gone.

This is a birdhouse that was auctioned off for Karlie's class one year; each of the kids had their own birdhouse - although I think their teacher painted most of the houses for them.  We bid on Karlie's house, of course, and it's randomly been hanging from our dining room light for a couple of years.  I really love this little birdhouse, though, it's cute.

DSC_9780DramaticBlueFilter8Dec.jpg

Day 9 here ... Holiday Song

I started writing out Christmas cards today and while I did it I played some Christmas CDs including this one I photographed.

Day 9 - Holiday Song2.jpg

My daughter has this funny ornament that she bought back from when she was overseas many years ago. It is a Santa hanging upside down and looking like he is hanging from a parachute. You switch on a switch and he kicks his legs. Ive always liked to see it go up in her home each year. She held it for me while I took a photo today.

20171209_132414.jpg

14 hours ago, CRS said:

Here is my Day 8, a little guy from my Precious Moments Nativity, with the star hanging from his shoulders.

IMG_2404.JPG

I do like your Precious Moments Nativity. 

oops...I think I missed day 7.  But here's #9 Holiday Song.  The kids LOVED this thing when they were little.  It dances and swings around the stars and plays Frosty.  It was the darnedest thing usually after about 5 days the batteries would magically "die" in it.  LOL  luckily the boys were young enough that they didn't catch on, or to the fact that it would take me a week or so to get more.

20171206_112848.jpg

1 hour ago, angleigh said:

oops...I think I missed day 7.  But here's #9 Holiday Song.  The kids LOVED this thing when they were little.  It dances and swings around the stars and plays Frosty.  It was the darnedest thing usually after about 5 days the batteries would magically "die" in it.  LOL  luckily the boys were young enough that they didn't catch on, or to the fact that it would take me a week or so to get more.

20171206_112848.jpg

I had a snowman who danced and sang Frosty.  My middle daughter wanted it, so I gave it to her last week.

We have a dancing Santa that wiggles and dances to "I like to Move it".

Here is my Day 9, Holiday Song....we are getting some snow here in Kentucky today. Dh and I went walking in it, too. But Frosty came to mind because, well, it was a bit frosty out there, lol! Here's a view from my back deck with snow on the wood.

IMG_2407.JPG

21 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Evelyn helping Nana hanging the silver garland on the black tree. She (and I were standing on the table and chair in my dining Room).

B10CAE81-772A-4245-8BD4-EE57FF3BB583.jpeg

Love this photo of your little helper hanging up that garland. Cool tree.

2 hours ago, lorac said:

Photo for Day 6 -- Glitter

This is a Christmas T shirt that I bought at Radio City Music Hall:

IMG_3360.JPG

Cool glitter. that is an amazing place.

On 12/7/2017 at 3:34 PM, princessrunningfingers said:

My outside photo.  The tree in the Collierville Town Square.

IMG_0059.JPG

pretty

Here is my Day 9, for the holiday music.  The girls are both working on Christmas piano music, so here is Karlie practicing hers this morning - a variation on Carol of the Bells.  When DH and I were married, we had our church handbell choir play Christmas carols before the wedding service began, and Carol of the Bells was one of the pieces.  I've always loved it!

DSC_9798Filter9Dec.jpg

40 minutes ago, Ngaire said:

I had to get a screen shot for my photo today. This is a group that I found last year and I really like their Christmas songs, especially the  "Little Drummer Boy"

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 9.25.19 AM.png

I have looked at their Youtubes before but you have just encouraged me to buy one of their Christmas CDs as I usually buy a new Christmas CD each year. 

Archived