Photo A Day Challenge - December

angleigh

Just now, alsoarty said:

Looks so cold. You didn’t have much of a Summer as I recall.

Yeah, it was a poopy "summer" if you could call it that.   I wish I was Down-Under or someplace warm right now!   Sitting in the car in the sun felt good but........

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, alsoarty said:

I’m not a big fan either... but for some reason I wanted a cup. I felt a bit nauseous after later lol. I need sugar free.

That's kind of why I've given up on cocoa.  Too much sugar isn't good for me and I've given up consuming artifical sweeteners.  But, yours sure does look good!  

1 minute ago, MariJ said:

Yeah, it was a poopy "summer" if you could call it that.   I wish I was Down-Under or someplace warm right now!   Sitting in the car in the sun felt good but........

Come to St George, going to be in the 60’s this next week and more. We’re not experiencing very much winter here at all.

2 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

So the calendar says Dec. 7. Monday we had record temps in the mid 80’s. Today we  snow flurries although nothing is sticking. And then it’s still autumn in our backyard. Only in Texas. 

9135EAFC-C530-4C32-9834-6D5BE7AD217D.jpeg

Oh my gosh, that's amazing!  

9 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Foggy at the Pond House this morning but some of the ducks are here for breakfast. If you look closely at ponds edge you will see Jimmy the turtle who is waiting for me to feed him too.

IMG_0023.JPG

What a lovely photo. I sure could do with a bit of that fog here, its sooooo hot. And yep I can see your cute little turtle, that is awesome!?

Day 7 Outside. Not a cloud to be seen, place is drying up with these high temps we are having and today is suppose to be the hottest day for the year 34-35c!!? Marilyn I think that we are heading to your 40 but with a little c and not a f next to it?
This is my back yard and thats Mt Oxford in the background.

Day-7-Outside.jpg

44 minutes ago, Ngaire said:

Day 7 Outside. Not a cloud to be seen, place is drying up with these high temps we are having and today is suppose to be the hottest day for the year 34-35c!!? Marilyn I think that we are heading to your 40 but with a little c and not a f next to it?
This is my back yard and thats Mt Oxford in the background.

Day-7-Outside.jpg

Oh, I am wishing to be there, Ngaire!  What a gorgeous back yard and mountain.   I remember Jody saying 40ºs is hot, I know that's getting or in our 90ºs!   Right now I'm bundled up and have a heater on me and I can't get warm, I hear the furnace going too...  And, this isn't even winter or really frigid cold yet, although now I see the temp has dropped to 35º - a few degrees above freezing and your 1.67C!   :winter_brr:
Hard to believe when I hear you and Laraine saying how "hot" it is.   

10 hours ago, CRS said:

So, I took my camera with my on my walk this morning and found this sweetie resting in the trees.

IMG_1381edit.jpg

He's gorgeous.

I'm behind on my photos a day challenge. I'll try and catch up this weekend.

11 hours ago, MariJ said:

That's kind of why I've given up on cocoa.  Too much sugar isn't good for me and I've given up consuming artifical sweeteners.  But, yours sure does look good!  

Come to Auckland Marilyn we have plenty of room and nice and its sunny and warm as well so you can wear your shorts and jandals (flip flops)

Here is my hanging. I went for coffee with friends to the garden center and saw these lovely hanging baskets :) 

20171208_162407.jpg

Day 8 photo... HANGING

I took a photo of the key hanging on our key rack that I use to open up The Transaction Centre where I work on Fridays.

PAD 8 hanging.jpg

19 hours ago, MariJ said:

Love this, Anne Marie are those cockatoos?  I remember seeing them at Jody's, we don't have them here (except in Pet shops!).

Another cute little bird, I don't think we have here.  What kind is it Jane?  

Marilyn, they are Corellas but are from the same family of birds. 

Day 8- Hanging

Since we don't have a fireplace in this Florida house I decided to hang the stocking (I made most of them) in the dining room windows. One each of us, kids and grandchildren....LOL in between our chandelier is hanging.

IMG_0024.JPG

14 hours ago, Mikelle said:

There could not have been a more perfect day for the "outside" theme!  Pardon my expression... but *** just froze over, it's snowing in San Antonio!  Have to post 2 photos...

DSC_9726BrightenBluePost&Dec2017.jpg

DSC_9719CloneStampPost.jpg

WOWIE!    I mean we're heading towards this tomorrow but that's NJ - this is San ANTONIO????   Oh my...    Great photos!  :snow_grin:

So, yesterday I'd hung Christmas stockings.  As I took this photo, I realized the Teddy Bear made out of my Mom's coat was in the shot and today it is 5 years since she died.  The hanging sign over my stocking is "Be naughty, save Santa the trip" which always hung over my stocking. (??!!) and the little pink and purple ornament/doll hanging ornament is one Jody sent me long ago because it reminded her of a purple ScrapGirl and that was how we met.   Just out of sight hangs a gingerbread man ornament Jody sent me another year.  I keep them there all year.  The second shot shows my sister and my stockings hanging together - and lots of other hanging things too.   

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

On 12/7/2017 at 2:19 PM, MariJ said:

It's a pretty blue day here but barely 40º so cold!  I crutched outside to start my car which hasn't been driven in awhile - took my book to read while it warmed up.  On my way back in I took a photo of what used to be my Fairy Garden, now it's all packed away for next year.

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

Awww so sorry it is cold up there that is one thing that I love about Florida. How exciting to think of your fairy garden all winter till it comes to life again.

2 hours ago, CRS said:

Here is my Day 8, a little guy from my Precious Moments Nativity, with the star hanging from his shoulders.

IMG_2404.JPG

so cute

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

So, yesterday I'd hung Christmas stockings.  As I took this photo, I realized the Teddy Bear made out of my Mom's coat was in the shot and today it is 5 years since she died.  The hanging sign over my stocking is "Be naughty, save Santa the trip" which always hung over my stocking. (??!!) and the little pink and purple ornament/doll hanging ornament is one Jody sent me long ago because it reminded her of a purple ScrapGirl and that was how we met.   Just out of sight hangs a gingerbread man ornament Jody sent me another year.  I keep them there all year.  The second shot shows my sister and my stockings hanging together - and lots of other hanging things too.   

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

Wow special stuff. Cute treasure of a bear.I love all the sentimental stuff especially form Jody those are real treasures. I think your sisters stocking is bigger or is is just weighted down with coal???

5 hours ago, princessrunningfingers said:

My hanging photo.  This ornament was made by my daughter when she was into jewelry making.  It originally was on a white ball, but it broke in storage and I had to replace it with a clear one this year.

IMG_0074.JPG

So elegant

9 hours ago, angleigh said:

day 8  this is the corner of "ugh" in our office.  At least we have a coat rack now, because before it was just thrown over the chair in the corner (which you can see there is still 1 there)  

20171208_053224.jpg

Real life!

13 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

Wow special stuff. Cute treasure of a bear.I love all the sentimental stuff especially form Jody those are real treasures. I think your sisters stocking is bigger or is is just weighted down with coal???

That bear really IS a treasure, made of my Mom's soft, cozy winter coat.  I fogot to say the stockings were made by my Godmother/aunt - the whole family has them but mine and my cousins were first as when I was born my Mom wanted something bigger that would hold gifts, not stocking stuffers.  And, no!  My sister will love your comments but it's the angle of the pic, all the stockings are the same size (about 3 ft long) although she DID make smaller boots.  (About 1 ½ feet).   They are all so special and treasured - we counted after she died and it was well over 60 through many years, the last one made 8 years ago for our littlest famliy member.

Archived