2017 Cookie Recipe Card Exchange

April Showers

It's time for our 12th Annual Cookie Recipe Card Exchange and you're invited! We have a special, free recipe card template to help you get started. We love cookies, and we love getting new cookie recipes to try, so all participants will receive a sweet little ScrapGirls Boutique gift just for joining in.

Here's how to join in the fun:

Design a 4x6-inch recipe card (300 pixels per inch) using mostly Scrap Girls products. Use one of your favorite holiday cookie, candy, or sweet treat recipes - something "tried and true" is preferred.

All skill levels are encouraged to participate! If this is your very first time to try your hand at digital scrapbooking or if you’re a pro, please join in the fun!

When you design your card, avoid putting any text within ¼ inch of the edges. Anything close to the edges can get cut off when the card is printed.

Place your name or Scrap Girls Forum username somewhere on the recipe card (small text is fine).

Save your design as a JPG file, with a file name that includes your name or ScrapGirls Forum user name (for example, my file might be called aprilshowers_gingercrinkles.jpg.) We want to know who made what!

Attach your card to an email and send it to cookieexchange@scrapgirls.com. Please include your first and last name in the body of your email. A confirmation will be emailed to each person who sends a recipe card so they know their card was received. Please allow 48 hours for confirmation.

Cards MUST be received by Midnight (ET) on Sunday, December 10th.

Unfortunately, if you don't send in a recipe card, you will not be able to get a copy of all the cards. No exceptions. Your recipe card is your ticket to all the fun!

We ask that you not post your recipe card in your Gallery, Facebook, or anywhere else until the swap is over. This way, we can all be surprised by the cards we get! You can post your own card in the Gallery or anywhere else anytime after December 14th.

Please don’t sell or give away any of the finished cards on blogs, emails, etc. You may print some or all of the recipe cards as a gift for someone you know personally, but wide-scale distribution or sale is not allowed, as per our commercial use terms, which can be read in full here.

You can submit more than one card, if you wish - the more the merrier!

On December 13th, each participant will receive the links (via email - the same way that links come when you buy Scrap Girls products) to download the recipe card files.Participants will need to include their First Name, Last Name and email address for us to send them the recipes.

I think I know which recipe I will share  as it is the biscuits/cookies I will be making sometime soon ready for Christmas. 

24 minutes ago, Barb2and6 said:

I have never been in this before, but it sounds like fun.   I think my Mom's Christmas Butter Cookie Recipe will be the one I'll share.   My kids love them and look forward to them each year.

It is a lot of fun! Some of my family's new favorites have come from this swap!

I sent mine in. Technically, it's a no-boil candy, not a cookie, but, hey, we could all use something sweet around the holidays. :lol:
Carla, I like your idea of making a sacrifice by tasting various new cookie recipes -- just to pick the best one for us! (Of course that's the only reason, right? ;) )

1 hour ago, Florida granny said:

I sent mine in. Technically, it's a no-boil candy, not a cookie, but, hey, we could all use something sweet around the holidays. :lol:
Carla, I like your idea of making a sacrifice by tasting various new cookie recipes -- just to pick the best one for us! (Of course that's the only reason, right? ;) )

Any thing for my fellow Scrap Girls!

I have just emailed off my recipe. I had to go searching for a photo I took which ended up being way back in 2009. 

We've already got some tasty looking recipes! I'm having trouble figuring out one I haven't already done too! I'm sure I'll find one. My mother-in-law wrote cookbooks and was known as "The Cookie Lady." Seriously, when I got engaged and was telling one of my mom's friends who I was marrying, she said, "Oh, I know who he is, his mom is the cookie lady!"

2 hours ago, BetC said:

Found a new recipe I want to try. Will send it in after I make it and taste test it. (I make this sacrifice in the name of culinary science!)

Thank you for your sacrifice...we really appreciate it, :rofl:

I tried the new recipe today and 3 out of 4 approve, so I'll scrap it and get it in before the deadline!

I participated in the cookie recipe exchange in 2010 and 2011.  For the first time, this year I decided to print some of them for Christmas gifts.  The 2010 exchange was smaller, so I printed that whole group of cards x 3 (for three different people).  They look pretty neat, can't wait to give them as Christmas presents!

14 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I participated in the cookie recipe exchange in 2010 and 2011.  For the first time, this year I decided to print some of them for Christmas gifts.  The 2010 exchange was smaller, so I printed that whole group of cards x 3 (for three different people).  They look pretty neat, can't wait to give them as Christmas presents!

What a great idea! :)

Archived