Around the World Holiday Bingo!!!

MariJ

57 minutes ago, barbaraj said:

Yea! Thanks! 

Just curious. It says Bingo goes to Dec 11. Is there anything after that or do we have to get ready for Christmas? :D

There will be a different game that will run for a week, then another after that! Angie has mixed it up this month for more fun!

Congratulations on your win!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, barbaraj said:

Oh goodie! Having such a great time here with all the fun things to do! 

That’s great.  Now that I can look I see that next week when Bingo ends there will be a new Forum Game, a special Tuesday Challenge and a new Holiday little collection, fun!   I’m glad you asked so now I know too!

Congrats, Barbara!  But, poor me, I had a Bingo also.  I'll yell it anyway... BINGO!  :P 

We were on a 2 hour delay this morning for the SNOW (still can't believe it).  I came into work a little late today, but most people must have waited even longer than I did... traffic was awesome!  Hardly any back-ups this morning.  All of that to say, I don't have an excuse for not checking my card earlier, other than excitement over snow!

I'm beginning to wonder if I had the right list.
You would think that I would pick NZ Jandle's but I didn't?
Doubled checked the list and there they are. Oh well better read the list better next time.

BUT I got past two and are now up to 3?

I'm sure there will be a winner next time?

31 minutes ago, Ngaire said:

I'm beginning to wonder if I had the right list.
You would think that I would pick NZ Jandle's but I didn't?
Doubled checked the list and there they are. Oh well better read the list better next time.

BUT I got past two and are now up to 3?

I'm sure there will be a winner next time?

I quite think I'd like Jandels if I could ever get out of this boot!
So, is the correct spelling, Jandles, Ngaire?   My reasearch said Jandels, but I'd take it from the New Zealanders!  

Marilyn.... I just asked Mr Google and you and Ngaire are both incorrect. I will copy and paste what I found:

Although the word Jandal is an abbreviation of 'Japanese Sandal', it is actually a trademark of the Skellerup company – one of the earliest manufacturers of the modern design – and, as such, is rarely used outside New Zealand.

With the Bingo I am now up to.... 2

Thanks for that AnneMarie?
Us Kiwi's are inclined to have a bit of our own language at times (and spelling?)
Ive been wearing mine all morning, have just changed to a fancier pair for church?

Ive just remember a funny story.
We had a Japanese girl staying with us for a year quite some time ago and she was trying to learn English.
She said to me one day what does "groan nee a" mean?
I looked at her blankly and said " I don't know but next time you hear it tell me"
So when she heard it, it was a kiwi saying of " Good on Ya" :D

16 minutes ago, Ngaire said:

Thanks for that AnneMarie?
Us Kiwi's are inclined to have a bit of our own language at times (and spelling?)
Ive been wearing mine all morning, have just changed to a fancier pair for church?

Ive just remember a funny story.
We had a Japanese girl staying with us for a year quite some time ago and she was trying to learn English.
She said to me one day what does "groan nee a" mean?
I looked at her blankly and said " I don't know but next time you hear it tell me"
So when she heard it, it was a kiwi saying of " Good on Ya" :D

:rofl::rofl::rofl:  Funny, Ngaire!     I heard some of that type of language fun when in Australia and Jody and Darren said some for me and told me about it; Darren was good at it!  

And thanks Anne Marie, funny because when I yahoo searched online it was spelled with "els".
I guess as Ngaire said it's sometimes a case of dialect.   Sure wish I had a pair of those how-ever-you-spell-them sandals!

Round 3 PM Words

4 Joyeux Noel
16 Six White Boomers
27 Menorah

*We will be calling words on Sunday, both morning and evening! But, the evening words will be later than normal because I'll be out for the evening. I'll post the words when I get home.

Archived