December Photo A Day - Day 17 through 23

angleigh

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

17 - Candy Cane

Ken and I worked at the Corner Store today where we sell our crafts so my photo of Candy Cane is something one of our Quilting ladies has made to sell in the store. 

17 - candy cane.jpg

We have lots of candy canes around our house right now, as we hang them from the Christmas trees.  My initial thought was to take a photo of a knitted candy cane ornament we have, that I bought a few years ago for one of the girls.  But then I spied my Dobie, holding a candy cane, and couldn't resist...  Dobie is really Dough Boy, of course, but when I was little I loved Dough Boy but couldn't say it, so I called him Dobie.  My mom forever after called him Dobie, and once in a while I would get a Dobie gift from her - a cookie jar, a big stuff Dobie that talked (that one was a little creepy), a couple of ornaments, etc.  So, this is one my mom gave me years ago...

DSC_0076e17Dec.jpg

We don't hang real candy canes on the tree, so I took a photo of a beaded candy cane that my mom and brother made me (a whole bunch of bead ornaments) my first Christmas in Oklahoma. They also made these gorgeous lacy candy canes, where you weave the candy cane through the wholes in the lace, but I had to throw them all out as they broke or got "yucky" with age.

IMG_2614.JPG

4 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I wasn’t sure what I was going to do for candy cane but then my co-worker came to the rescue. She had to dump her stuff on the counter and we hit the ground running!:runningdog::runningdog::runningdog:

488A7D1D-B371-4562-8107-445283C1754D.jpeg

LOL, she just randomly had an unwrapped candy cane her purse!  Funny!

Boy oh Boy its so coooool seeing what everyone takes for their theme of photo a day!! I don't think Ive enjoyed a thread as much as this one for a long time. I'm loving stretching the brain to think of how to accomplish each day.

Today's Photo is of a wee gift that my Grand daughter bought for her friend. Had some candy canes in it!!!!?

Day-17-Candy-Cane Web.jpg

18 - Wrapping Paper

Tonight I will wrap our gifts we giving to our family members. It is a tradition for me to only wrap them at night while playing Christmas CDs.

18 - wrapping paper.jpg

I just came to this thread for the first time today, more than half way through the month, and just realized there is a theme for each day. :hit-head-with-hammer: (I feel a little out of touch, but I guess that's common in December, right? :D ) Anyway, I took a photo today but it has nothing to do with wrapping paper. I'm posting it anyway. If anyone can figure out how to wrap a bird, or make wrapping paper from this photo, let me know, OK? 

For some reason there are about 50 birds around our pond today. Why??? I'll call it Bird Christmas get-together. Just pretend there is wrapping paper somewhere out of sight behind one of the birds.

12-18 birds for upload.jpg

Diane this could easily be wrapping paper!! Just print it on light weight paper and whalah you have beautiful wrapping paper!?

Kelly thats a good idea getting reversible paper, must look some of that out?

I got right down onto the floor to take this shot and guess what!! I was able to get up again:giggle_bear:
There is only a few presents left under the tree as we had our family Christmas on Sunday so most of the pressies are gone.

Day-18-Wrapping-PaperWeb.jpg

Wow we went away for a few days and I am lost here.

IMG_0064.thumb.JPG.20711e052381eb53e9e455ef6552a07e.JPG

Day 17 CandyCanes- these wooden ones hang on my china cabinet.

Day 18- Wrapping paper. All I used this year was silver foil paper with burlap or burgundy ribbons so this is all that is left after mailing all the packages.

IMG_0068.JPG

My car broke down today, in the parking lot of Old Navy.  It's a sign... must shop online rather than direct retail!  I decided to take a photo of our impromptu wrapping area.  This is behind our couch, on our yoga mat (who are we kidding, nobody's done yoga for weeks now).  Any time someone has to wrap gifts, they just plop down on the mat and start wrapping.  Tonight, the girls had to wrap their gifts for their classroom gift exchanges; their Christmas parties are tomorrow.

DSC_0084_18Dec.jpg

19 - Bright

Today we needed to shop just one more item to add to our gift to the middle granddaughter and we chose a pretty bright trinket box.

19 - bright.jpg

1 hour ago, angleigh said:

I've missed a few days between wrestling then being hit with a cold..but I do have day 19, bright.  It's that harsh wake up call when you turn on the light to let the dog out in the AM..lol

20171219_045405.jpg

After Thursday the days start getting longer so cheer up.

• angleigh changed the title to December Photo A Day - Day 17 through 23

Archived