December Photo A Day - Day 17 through 23

angleigh

I've discovered that if I take photos with my camera instead of my phone, I'm slower to get them posted, lol!

Here is my Decorations, my nutcracker collection.

IMG_2657.JPG

And I took a photo of our tree topper this morning.

IMG_1524.JPG

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our tree topper for our big tree.  We've had some ill luck with this tree the past couple of years; the LED lights haven't been working right, and the tree toppers keep dying.  Same with the girls' small trees, the tree toppers keep dying off.  This year, DH bought this topper for our main tree, and it shines a moving pattern up on the ceiling.  So far so good, it's been working the entire season!

DSC_0142Filter22Dec.jpg

32 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

Our tree topper for our big tree.  We've had some ill luck with this tree the past couple of years; the LED lights haven't been working right, and the tree toppers keep dying.  Same with the girls' small trees, the tree toppers keep dying off.  This year, DH bought this topper for our main tree, and it shines a moving pattern up on the ceiling.  So far so good, it's been working the entire season!

DSC_0142Filter22Dec.jpg

That is very cool

23 - Holiday Tradition

When I married Ken, he introduced my daughter and I to roasted Turkey hindquarters  so we made a tradition of having this roast meal on Christmas Eve each year because the next day was always our big family get together with the midday meal being cold meats and salads. So today we are having a roast and it is a partly prepared turkey thigh we discovered at Aldi a few years ago and enjoy cooking and eating each year now. We will not be home Christmas Eve as we will be with our daughter and family so it will be just the two of us today enjoying our turkey.

23 - holiday tradition.jpg

7 hours ago, CRS said:

I've discovered that if I take photos with my camera instead of my phone, I'm slower to get them posted, lol!

IMG_2657.JPG

IMG_1524.JPG

I love your Nutcracker Collection, so many different kinds, how cool! :)

13 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Day 22- Tree topper.

This angel has been on our tree every year for 43 years. She is from the Christkindelsmarkt in Nuremburg Germany. Her hands and face are hand painted and made of wax. She is accompanied by 2 dozen candles scattered over the tree that we light every Christmas Eve (for just a few minutes) Fröhliche Weihnachten to all

IMG_0067.JPG

Oh, that is a gorgeous angel Debby and what a beautiful tradition - the candles must look so pretty!

14 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

We’ve had several tree toppers over the years unfortunately I don’t know what happened to them. lol! We decided to purchase a new tree, new ornaments and this new tree topper. 

FF6F95CE-ED86-4386-8134-526CBA45B8AE.jpeg

Very pretty.

10 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

On the 19th we weere at the Tarankai Festival of Light show in New Plymouth so I took this of the waterfall for my 'Bright' photo :) 

Bright.jpg

Jane that is stunning. How fun to be there in person.

10 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

This is my 'RED' photo taken of the Pohutakawa tree (the New Zealand Christmas Tree) I was sat next to while on Opunake beach on the 20th. 

red.jpg

Looks like a tree full of red sea urchins!!! Very pretty tree and I love the sandy beach and ocean in the background.

• angleigh changed the title to December Photo A Day - Day 17 through 23

Day 23- Family Tradition. Well most of our family traditions are no longer since moving!  One tradition we will keep is we will light the candles on our tree on Christmas eve. I light one candle to take this photo with my phone.

IMG_0170.JPG

One Holiday Tradition that I continue to observe is lighting the Advent Candles every day.  Tomorrow the fourth candle will be lit, and the Jesus candle in the middle.

I have really been enjoying seeing everyone's photos of their Christmas decor and traditions.

IMG_0174 2.jpg

22 hours ago, Mikelle said:

DSC_0142Filter22Dec.jpg

Oh this is wonderful! I need a tree topper like that.

4 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Day 23- Family Tradition. Well most of our family traditions are no longer since moving!  One tradition we will keep is we will light the candles on our tree on Christmas eve. I light one candle to take this photo with my phone.

IMG_0170.JPG

I'm too afraid to light real candles near my tree.

15 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Well I'm way behind as been in Taranaki enjoying the sun and sea this last week.

We had our family Christmas dinner last Sunday (17th) and this is my cane photo of the placenames I made

dec 17th_Cane.jpg

Those are so fun - I've made them before and they are really loved by all who receive them. I never thought of making them in to name placements.

On 12/22/2017 at 11:14 AM, CRS said:

IMG_2657.JPG

IMG_1524.JPG

I've been buying Lauren a nutcracker a year since she was in high school, so she has tons of them, but no place to put them out. Last year and this year I gave her unpainted ones that she got to paint herself. I even gave her a hippie nutcracker once, that her hubby hates, and pushes to the back. lol.

1 hour ago, alsoarty said:

I've been buy-in Lauren a nutcracker a year, so she has tons of them, but no place to put them out. Last year and this year I gave her unpainted ones that she got to paint herself. I even gave her a hippie nutcracker, that her hubby hates, and pushes to the back. lol.

That's fantastic! I haven't painted my own yet, and haven't bought a new one in awhile.

Here is my tradition...my sister in law's twice baked potato casserole. Brooke and I made it today so all we have to do is reheat it tomorrow. I was going to use a photo of the cookies we made this morning, but tomorrow's challenge is cookies, lol!

IMG_2664.JPG

16 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

This is my 'RED' photo taken of the Pohutakawa tree (the New Zealand Christmas Tree) I was sat next to while on Opunake beach on the 20th. 

red.jpg

Jane, your photos are gorgeous and I LOVE seeing your NZ Christmas!

1 hour ago, CRS said:

Here is my tradition...my sister in law's twice baked potato casserole. Brooke and I made it today so all we have to do is reheat it tomorrow. I was going to use a photo of the cookies we made this morning, but tomorrow's challenge is cookies, lol!

IMG_2664.JPG

Oh....  That looks SO good! :) 

Archived