Gradient question

diannecp

I'm trying to figure out some gradient stuff. Found a tutorial on the blog here but  Any suggestions? I included a clip of what I'm trying to do below; I know I need the gradient effect to be more pronounced before I do the wave distortion (which was fun btw). I want it to be more pronounced in the middle and fade towards the edges. Would a gradient map over a fill layer be easier? (Sorry to always come crying here with non-scrap related crap!)

Sketch2.png

Sketch1.png

Dainne, do you want the fading to be on both edges or just the one? I am not at home to check using my CS6 but you should be able to  alter the amount of gradient. 

I just found this great Youtube that you may find helpful as I am going to watch it all the way through when I am home sometime as I think it may teach me somethings also:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo4dfX7EASQ

thanks Anne-Marie. that tutorial gets into some of the finer points like changing the stops. this is what I came up with. we'll see what mr pastor guy says LOL! I gave him 3 options but I think this is my favorite. 

Sketch3.png.4a77e1a39e5c0628fd71eaef6e441a8d.png

Archived