Project Life 2018

A-M

SG Project Life is a year-long scrapping challenge. The goal is to stay current scrapping the year. There is no  set form, you can take daily photos, scrap weekly layouts, monthly layouts or whatever works for you.

SG Project Life is similar to a Project 52 or 365 which are yearlong challenges of creating 52 weekly layouts (one for each week of the year) or taking 365 photos (a photo a day) and documenting them. We don't want to overwhelm anyone with daunting requirements so we simply give you the challenge to document your year then let you approach this project in a way that meets your individual goals.

Here are some typical formats our members have chosen in the past:

• One layout for each week of the year (single or double pages)
  • A double page layout covering two weeks
  • One layout (single or double paged) per month
  • A monthly calendar style layout with or without a companion page.
  • Scrap the significant events from each month-- some months with more pages than others.
  • Use "Pocket Life" products to document your year.

You can choose one of these formats or create your own. The way you go about it is really up to you; however, we do have a few requirements if you wish to participate in the "official" SG Project Life 2018 Challenge and be eligible for the associated prizes.

Requirements:
You must post your layouts to the 
 Project Life 2018 Gallery which you can find HERE in order for them to earn points toward the quarterly drawings. If you can please link your layout back so we do not miss seeing and commenting on your Project Life pages.  If you are new here you can find some great tutorials which will help with uploading to the gallery and placing a link in this thread which you will need to do so you can have your layout marked off on the chart. The tutorials can be found HERE

Your photos must be from the current year.

In order to receive the participation prize you will need to post 12 layouts (one for each month of 2018) in the gallery.
If you are a hybrid or traditional scrapper, you are welcome to join the challenge too. Simply post photos or scans of your finished pages.

Prizes:
Quarterly Drawing Prize - Digital Layout Template Set to the value of $3.99
Winners will be randomly drawn from members who post layouts to the SG Project Life Gallery. Each layout uploaded to this Gallery earns 1 point; a double page earns 2, with a maximum number of points for a month being 4. You may upload more than 4 layouts if you are catching up, but you will only get 4 points for that month.

Each person who completes layouts for the entire year of 2018 (at least one layout for each month of 2018) will go into a draw for one person to win a $25 Gift Certificate and the remaining ones who completed the year will all receive a $10 Gift Certificate.

I will be sharing a list of daily photos at the start of each month for incentive. This will not be for sharing photos in this thread. When you share any links to the gallery here it must be for your Project Life pages. I will also share a theme for each week which can be fun.

In the following post I will share the tally sheet for those who take part in this challenge so you can all know if you have completed the maximum of four per month.

Anyone is welcome to join in  on this challenge anytime during the year.

This thread is solely for signing up for the challenge and then for sharing links to your layouts during the year. For chatting and asking questions please pop over to the chatting thread HERE

So, who’s joining me?

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the tracking which I plan to update every month. The top chart shows how many (up to 4) layouts you've posted in each month for the Quarterly prize drawing.  The lower chart tracks which months you've completed at least one layout for  the yearly incentives. 1636140789_Quarterlytracking-December.thumb.jpg.fa6f84be74c62ab830d8e644041f5c79.jpg

183175799_DecemberYearlytracking.thumb.jpg.208b9102a98beaa3cf72e7c833397f97.jpg

Please speak up and let me know if I miss anyone at anytime. 

Themes---January.jpg

( to create this  page I used Make your Own Calendar 2018 by Florju Designs and the background paper is from Fresh Air by Florju Designs )

[Also these prompts are based on prompts shared on the website of FATMUMSLIM from the list of 2012]

I will put links here for the following months as they happen. So to go to each month's list of themes just click on the name of the month:  FEBRUARY - MARCH - APRIL - MAY - JUNE - JULY - SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER - NOVEMBER and DECEMBER

I will share a few items by Designers that you may be interested in  for creating your Project Life pages and keep an eye on the shop as there will be lots of new sets of templates and  new collections suitable for Project Life:

MPE_SSDLAT_SIM3_ValuePack_4_MKTG_600.jpgThis is a great set of templates by Marlene Peacock which you can find HERE

Value Pack: Daily Life 12 x 12This great collection by Susie Roberts would be great for Project Life pages. You can find it HERE

Scribble Words Useful by Caroline B.This set of words might be very useful for the months and days. You can find this in the shop HERE

I will give it a try but I know I will not be able to keep up once we go north for the summer. I will be looking though.

I said I'd do PL last year, and made it three weeks in... :lol:.  I'm just so random with my layouts - I don't know if it's part of my personality, that I get overwhelmed thinking of scrapping anything completely or in order.  BUT, I'll try again this year.  I think the photo a day suggestions are great, I really enjoyed the December PAD, and although we won't be posting daily photos, I think it will keep me taking photos of things I wouldn't have otherwise thought of, normal everyday things, or small funny things you notice.

So I'm in, I'll try again!

I did 365 photos a day in 2013 at another site and it about did me in! However, I find I haven't been taking photos lately and need an incentive. I'm thinking of trying this monthly (as nothing much is happening with the kids gone on their own) and love this list of ideas for photos that you posted. I'm even thinking of doing this in art journaling form which may be a real stretch. Tell me I'm not too crazy! I'm looking through the store to see if I can find what to use. 

24 minutes ago, barbaraj said:

I did 365 photos a day in 1213 at another site and it about did me in! However, I find I haven't been taking photos lately and need an incentive. I'm thinking of trying this monthly (as nothing much is happening with the kids gone on their own) and love this list of ideas for photos that you posted. I'm even thinking of doing this in art journaling form which may be a real stretch. Tell me I'm not too crazy! I'm looking through the store to see if I can find what to use. 

You can do it, Barbara!!

Anne-Marie, you've given new life to this challenge, thank you! I'm in again, doing the 2 page spread per month like I've done for several years. I used Susie Roberts' Daily Life template set and plan to use that again this year, along with Caroline B's Scribble Useful word art set for the months.

1 hour ago, barbaraj said:

I did 365 photos a day in 2013 at another site and it about did me in! However, I find I haven't been taking photos lately and need an incentive. I'm thinking of trying this monthly (as nothing much is happening with the kids gone on their own) and love this list of ideas for photos that you posted. I'm even thinking of doing this in art journaling form which may be a real stretch. Tell me I'm not too crazy! I'm looking through the store to see if I can find what to use. 

Hmmmm now this intrigues me - art journaling - has me thinking. Our kids are on their own as well. 

3 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I said I'd do PL last year, and made it three weeks in... :lol:.  I'm just so random with my layouts - I don't know if it's part of my personality, that I get overwhelmed thinking of scrapping anything completely or in order.  BUT, I'll try again this year.  I think the photo a day suggestions are great, I really enjoyed the December PAD, and although we won't be posting daily photos, I think it will keep me taking photos of things I wouldn't have otherwise thought of, normal everyday things, or small funny things you notice.

I’m random too with layouts and get overwhelmed sometimes. Maybe it’s the introvertness in us. ?? 

I will have to give this some thought. I do like the photo suggestions just don’t know if I can get motivated enough and stick with it. 

11 hours ago, jenrou said:

Please sign me up for 2018. I'll try to keep up this year. :)

Jean, I have added you to the chart and do not get stressed about keeping up. 

9 hours ago, MariJ said:

I plan to first finish up 2017 and then I am going to work on 2018.  Sounds good and your page is so pretty, Anne Marie! :) 

Marilyn, pleased to see you join in again.

6 hours ago, Boatlady said:

I will give it a try but I know I will not be able to keep up once we go north for the summer. I will be looking though.

Debby, I have added you to the chart and just join in when you can.

3 hours ago, Mikelle said:

Mikelle, I have added you to the chart. Maybe you need to think about just doing monthly pages that way you may not get soo overwelmed.

2 hours ago, barbaraj said:

Barbara,  I like your idea of doing Art journal type pages. 

1 hour ago, CRS said:

Anne-Marie, you've given new life to this challenge, thank you! I'm in again, doing the 2 page spread per month like I've done for several years. I used Susie Roberts' Daily Life template set and plan to use that again this year, along with Caroline B's Scribble Useful word art set for the months.

Carla,  good to see you join up again this year. 

37 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Hmmmm now this intrigues me - art journaling - has me thinking. Our kids are on their own as well. 

I’m random too with layouts and get overwhelmed sometimes. Maybe it’s the introvertness in us. ?? 

I will have to give this some thought. I do like the photo suggestions just don’t know if I can get motivated enough and stick with it. 

Kelly, no need to be overwhelmed just join in with a page about what is going on in your life when you feel the desire to create such a layout.  I will not add you to the chart unless you tell me to do so or I discover you have shared a Project Life page during the year. 

I'm going to do it again this year.....I have completed 3 different years but 3 others stop in June or July I'm sure my kids will wonder where did Grandma go for 6 months in those years :lol:.....I have photos for those years so may keep plugging along on those also

1 hour ago, Ande43 said:

I'm going to do it again this year.....I have completed 3 different years but 3 others stop in June or July I'm sure my kids will wonder where did Grandma go for 6 months in those years :lol:.....I have photos for those years so may keep plugging along on those also

Carol, I still have only completed two months for 2016 so I am hoping also to eventually catch up on that sometime during 2018.

1 hour ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Sign me up Anne-Marie I love doing this and sometimes its the only scrapping I do. Its great to look back on past year books as well :) 

Jane,  good to see you joining up again. My pages end up being like a journal and I often go back through the albums to see when some event had happened. 

28 minutes ago, QuirkyGirl said:

This looks like an AMAZINGLY fun challenge!!! I'm in!!

Joslyn, happy to add you to the chart, which I will share after the weekend once a few more participants have signed up. 

Please sign me up. I appreciate the accountability! The few years I have done successfully were in a monthly format with 2 pages per month. I like the photo focus and find these books so wonderful to look back on. Not sure what materials I will use this year, but have an overflowing cart! 

Thanks for running this challenge!

5 hours ago, candyK said:

Please sign me up. I appreciate the accountability! The few years I have done successfully were in a monthly format with 2 pages per month. I like the photo focus and find these books so wonderful to look back on. Not sure what materials I will use this year, but have an overflowing cart! 

Thanks for running this challenge!

Candy, I have added to the chart and hope you enjoy all the new goodies you have just purchased. 

1 hour ago, barbaraj said:

Sign me up too. I'm getting excited about doing this. Have already started a list of ideas.

Barbara, I will add you to the chart.  It is good to start putting ideas together. 

39 minutes ago, pachimac said:

I do a Project 52 each year, so I'm in! 

Susan, I have added you to the chart. 

2 hours ago, Becster said:

I'm in again, too! I love this challenge!

Becky, good to see you joining again. I will add you to the chart. 

Hi There Everyone!

Gosh... can you believe that this project starts tomorrow? I can't... but here it comes ready or not! In trying to prepare a bit, I peeked through the store and picked out several core kits just for this project. I may add more as the year progresses, but I work better with fewer choices - especially for large projects.

For 2018 I have chosen to work with...

12 x 24 Scrap It Monthly 3 Series 1, 2 & 3 by Marlene Peacock

Picturesque Collection Biggie by Syndee Nuckles

Take Wing Collection Biggie by Amanda Fraijo-Tobin

I love the way all 3 of these kits work together. I love the clean, fresh lines of the templates... they allow me to concentrate on the pictures and the words. And I love the vibrant textures and colors of the kits and the way they flow in sync, they feel well-balanced to me. The elements are perfect for the theme and are just my style. I also chose my fonts.

I have prepared my core pages for January... to keep the project simple and easy for me to keep up with, I have decided to use the same two page template for the full month of January and will probably only change the background papers for each week. After I add in all the pictures for the week, I will include a few more embellishments.

Can't wait to see what everyone is doing!! What is your process for big projects?

1 January Week 1.jpg

3 minutes ago, QuirkyGirl said:

Hi There Everyone!

Gosh... can you believe that this project starts tomorrow? I can't... but here it comes ready or not! In trying to prepare a bit, I peeked through the store and picked out several core kits just for this project. I may add more as the year progresses, but I work better with fewer choices - especially for large projects.

For 2018 I have chosen to work with...

12 x 24 Scrap It Monthly 3 Series 1, 2 & 3 by Marlene Peacock

Picturesque Collection Biggie by      Syndee Nuckles

Take Wing Collection Biggie by Amanda Fraijo-Tobin

I love the way all 3 of these kits work together. I love the clean, fresh lines of the templates... they allow me to concentrate on the pictures and the words. And I love the vibrant textures and colors of the kits and the way they flow in sync, they feel well-balanced to me. The elements are perfect for the theme and are just my style.

I have prepared my core pages for January... to keep the project simple and easy for me to keep up with, I have decided to use the same two page template for the full month of January and will probably only change the background papers for each week. After I add in all the pictures for the week, I will include a few more embellishments.

Can't wait to see what everyone is doing!! What is your process for big projects?

1 January Week 1.jpg

Gorgeous, Joslyn! I'm not nearly as organized, lol!

Archived