Project Life 2018

A-M

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mommavita05 said:

I am excited to do this challenge.  Please add me. :)

Welcome to Scrap Girls and I will add you to the chart.

1 hour ago, dianeb95 said:

I would like to try!

I look forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery and will add you to the chart. 

13 minutes ago, Marie-Christine said:

Sign me up, if it will get me taking more photo's its gotta be good right.

Love your template Anne-Marie !

Marie, I have added you to the chart which I will share sometime tomorrow. 

Just now, michgirl said:

I would love to give it a try.  A little timid here, but willing to see if I can keep up with everyone.

Glad to see you joining in, you can do it!   We all have our own individual goals, with some doing weekly pages, some monthly and some whenever! :D

Just now, MariJ said:

Glad to see you joining in, you can do it!   We all have our own individual goals, with some doing weekly pages, some monthly and some whenever! :D

I do like the idea of a weekly. Give me some motivation to take more pictures and scrap just a bit more.  Thanks.

Just now, michgirl said:

I do like the idea of a weekly. Give me some motivation to take more pictures and scrap just a bit more.  Thanks.

That’s great!  I started with a weekly, then when it was too much I went to bi-weekly pages.  Then, I took a break, but this year I’m doing monthly with two pages for each month!   Looking forward to sharing in your work. :)

30 minutes ago, michgirl said:

It really is motivation to take pictures and of everything....it makes us look at everything as a Possible pic for LO....where we would never have seen so many things befor...I love the Quote Remember the Little things for one day you will look back and realize they are the BIG things....as little as a bug or a dish of something you made for supper.....I'm retired and we don't travel or go much so have to dig pretty deep for a photo some days,,,Just pic of daily life. :)

37 minutes ago, michgirl said:

I would love to give it a try.  A little timid here, but willing to see if I can keep up with everyone.

Welcome to the challenge. I will add you to the chart. 

1 hour ago, totallycre8tive said:

Count me in! 

Welcome to Scrap Girls.  I will add you to the chart.

36 minutes ago, sewca14 said:

I would like try! 

Welcome to Scrap Girls. I will add you to the chart which I will start sharing, possibly tomorrow night ( my time - Australia) 

I am new to digital scrapbooking so I have no process yet!  I have photoshop elements 12 and have never used it so I was on youtube for hours last night trying to figure it all out.  :)  I will look at the products you recommended as well. 

6 minutes ago, mommavita05 said:

I am new to digital scrapbooking so I have no process yet!  I have photoshop elements 12 and have never used it so I was on youtube for hours last night trying to figure it all out.  :)  I will look at the products you recommended as well. 

Welcome to ScrapGirls and to digital scrapping!  Warning: it’s addictive.   Everyone here is kind and friend and very helpful - don’t hesistate to ask as you learn.   There’s always someone willing to advise and since we have members all over the globe there’s always someone awake on ScrapGirls! :)

16 hours ago, QuirkyGirl said:

Hi There Everyone!

Gosh... can you believe that this project starts tomorrow? I can't... but here it comes ready or not! In trying to prepare a bit, I peeked through the store and picked out several core kits just for this project. I may add more as the year progresses, but I work better with fewer choices - especially for large projects.

For 2018 I have chosen to work with...

12 x 24 Scrap It Monthly 3 Series 1, 2 & 3 by Marlene Peacock

Picturesque Collection Biggie by      Syndee Nuckles

Take Wing Collection Biggie by Amanda Fraijo-Tobin

I love the way all 3 of these kits work together. I love the clean, fresh lines of the templates... they allow me to concentrate on the pictures and the words. And I love the vibrant textures and colors of the kits and the way they flow in sync, they feel well-balanced to me. The elements are perfect for the theme and are just my style. I also chose my fonts.

I have prepared my core pages for January... to keep the project simple and easy for me to keep up with, I have decided to use the same two page template for the full month of January and will probably only change the background papers for each week. After I add in all the pictures for the week, I will include a few more embellishments.

Can't wait to see what everyone is doing!! What is your process for big projects?

1 January Week 1.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing your process and the template your are using. I'm still debating on if I want to participate but now I have some sort of direction.

6 hours ago, mommavita05 said:

If you are new to PSE, you might want to look into getting Linda Sattgast's tutorials. Here is a link for you to check them out.

19 hours ago, CRS said:

If you are new to PSE, you might want to look into getting Linda Sattgast's tutorials. Here is a link for you to check them out.

This tutorial is wonderful....it's how I began many years ago....you won't be sorry

I did monthly pages with lots of photos and journaling in 2017.   I wanted to do something different for 2018 and am toying with the idea of an art journaling page once or twice a month - maybe a self portrait or where I am type of thing?   That’s a thought I’m still playing around with or I’ll end up doing as I did in 2018! 

I think I have decided to go with the One LO a month .... Maybe an additional LO at the end of the month with Misc photos...We shall see.  The years I did the one a month I did them all and the ones I did a LO a week I dropped out of site in July :o

46 minutes ago, Ande43 said:

I think I have decided to go with the One LO a month .... Maybe an additional LO at the end of the month with Misc photos...We shall see.  The years I did the one a month I did them all and the ones I did a LO a week I dropped out of site in July :o

You made it farther along than I ever have... I usually quit by March!  I'm going to try very hard this year, though, and I think the photo-a-day prompts will be very helpful.

On 12/29/2017 at 0:57 PM, barbaraj said:

I did 365 photos a day in 2013 at another site and it about did me in! However, I find I haven't been taking photos lately and need an incentive. I'm thinking of trying this monthly (as nothing much is happening with the kids gone on their own) and love this list of ideas for photos that you posted. I'm even thinking of doing this in art journaling form which may be a real stretch. Tell me I'm not too crazy! I'm looking through the store to see if I can find what to use. 

Wow not sure I could do that many photos.

1 hour ago, Scrapin Pat said:

I'm in.  I still have half of November and December of 17 to finish but it is fun to look back at them.  I haven't decided on format (template) but am leaning toward doing monthly rather than weekly.

Pat, I have added you to the chart and will soon share the chart with all the names. 

Ok...first let me say WOW!!  I love the way you have this organized Anne-Marie.  I've always stayed away from project life because it seems too overwhelming, but looking at your previous post I think I can do this.  

Now of course I am a week late to the  party..lol  But i'll admit I had been taking some food pictures this week already here and there so I think I can catch up.

So count me in

4 hours ago, angleigh said:

Ok...first let me say WOW!!  I love the way you have this organized Anne-Marie.  I've always stayed away from project life because it seems too overwhelming, but looking at your previous post I think I can do this.  

Now of course I am a week late to the  party..lol  But i'll admit I had been taking some food pictures this week already here and there so I think I can catch up.

So count me in

You’re never late to the party.... I for one have been signed up but not started yet, so now we’re sorta in the same boat!  In fact, I’m furiously trying to finish up 2017 with only December (and well, some layout pages) left!  

7 hours ago, angleigh said:

So count me in

Great to have you join us Angie.  I will add you to the chart and you will see your name there the next time I update it. 

Archived