Project Life 2018

A-M

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

February is getting close so I thought I would share the themes for anyone following along with the daily or weekly themes for photos. Remember this is not compulsory for the challenge.  I will share an updated chart early next week to give people the opportunity to get their January monthly pages finished ( this includes me).  With the bottom chart for the yearly prize, your layout needs to be about that month - January for January's smiley  etc... 

Here is the themes for February:

Themes---February.jpg

To create this page I used Make Your Own Calendar 2018 by Florju Designs and the background paper is from Water Color Paper by Florju Designs

I've tried 11 times over the last two days and evening to upload a LO to the gallery and get the Queued message and it does not move on Help!!!

34 minutes ago, Ande43 said:

I've tried 11 times over the last two days and evening to upload a LO to the gallery and get the Queued message and it does not move on Help!!!

Carol, I just uploaded to the Project life and it worked okay for me.

Are you going to the Project Life 2018 gallery first to upload or just from the gallery and choosing the correct gallery from the drop down? 

15 hours ago, Ande43 said:

Could you send me the layout? forum@scrapgirls.com I can check the file and try uploading it for you to see what the problem is.

19 hours ago, A-M said:

Carol, I just uploaded to the Project life and it worked okay for me.

Are you going to the Project Life 2018 gallery first to upload or just from the gallery and choosing the correct gallery from the drop down? 

I'm going to the Project life 2018 Gallery and then clicking upload images...Just tried again and it says Queued below the black rectangle box ...have uploaded 3 of them just fine and now am on 17 tries for this one all different times of the day and nite

5 hours ago, April Showers said:

Could you send me the layout? forum@scrapgirls.com I can check the file and try uploading it for you to see what the problem is.

How do I send it too you April, I am copy/pasting it into the email like I always have to share but it is not working...am I having a Senior Moment here??  LOL  NEVER MIND It worked now:wacko:

I am having some fun with following the weekly prompts. So I put my layout together over the month with adding photos and journaling sometimes one day at a time.   You can find JANUARY in the gallery. 

6 hours ago, A-M said:

I am having some fun with following the weekly prompts. So I put my layout together over the month with adding photos and journaling sometimes one day at a time.   You can find JANUARY in the gallery. 

Anne Marie it’s fascinating and amazing how you put your page together and it looks great!

If it is not too late to join, I'd like to sign up.  I'm already behind a month!

I'd better not promise more than one layout per month - especially since I want

to do a lot of family history layouts this year.  Do we always need to put a photo or photos on our layouts?

I'm also thinking of scanned tickets and other memorabilia - not necessarily photos.

Hi Xana,
I just reread the rules for Project Life and it looks like your photos must be current.
If you look at the first post in this thread on page 1 you will see the requirements spelled out, one of which is:
Your photos must be from the current year.
Anne Marie will be around in a bit but as I read it it looks like photos from this year should be scrapped.

I figured out the uploading problem....I was making it way harder then it needed to be LOL  not unusual for me  LOL

5 hours ago, Xana said:

If it is not too late to join, I'd like to sign up.  I'm already behind a month!

I'd better not promise more than one layout per month - especially since I want

to do a lot of family history layouts this year.  Do we always need to put a photo or photos on our layouts?

I'm also thinking of scanned tickets and other memorabilia - not necessarily photos.

Xana,  If some months you can include a photo that would be nice as everyone else uses photos as the idea of Project Life is to record our daily lives. If the scanned tickets and memorabilia are to do with what you have done that month and that is stated in your journaling, I think that would be permissible. 

If you still want to go ahead and take part, I will add you to the Chart which I will be updating this weekend. To be part of the yearly prize you will need to share a page about January. 

5 hours ago, dianet said:

I would like to join you in this.  Never attempted a Project Life before, but so many creative ideas in the gallery,so will see how I go.

Hi Diane,

I will add you to the chart.  You can still be part of the yearly draw at the end of the year if you create a page about your life happenings in January. 

Question AnnMarie.....I'm sure it is just understood that the collections and kits used need to be Scrap Girls but is it disqualifying for a LO to have anything on it that is not from Scrap Girls??  did not see anything about that in the requirements.   For example if there was a flower or embellishment that was just perfect for LO but from another site...???  

I did not underline this on purpose LOL

20 minutes ago, Ande43 said:

Question AnnMarie.....I'm sure it is just understood that the collections and kits used need to be Scrap Girls but is it disqualifying for a LO to have anything on it that is not from Scrap Girls??  did not see anything about that in the requirements.   For example if there was a flower or embellishment that was just perfect for LO but from another site...???  

I did not underline this on purpose LOL

Carol, for Project Life the rules for the gallery are the same as  for any other challenge.  You can use any product you want to as long as you abide by the rules.

Here is an extraction from the rules:  

• You agree that you will not try to direct our members away from the Scrap Girls website either temporarily or permanently.  This includes: When crediting the products used in a layout, you may note what designer created an item, but you may not provide the store name, web address or link for the item if it is not from the Scrap Girls Boutique. You may not use the Forum as a marketing tool to sell or recommend competitive products, including any supplies, tutorials, or online classes that Scrap Girls sells, offers, or gives away to our customers or might potentially sell, offer or give away.

• The following is prohibited in your posts, messages, galley images, profile, and signature:
    1. Links or addresses for websites, online stores or blogs where any competitive product or information is distributed.
    2. Images used to market products, freebies or classes that are not associated with Scrap Girls.
    3. Images, links or web addresses for any non-competing products or services you are currently selling, or hope to sell in the future, that are not associated with Scrap Girls.
    4. Marketing language meant to persuade or entice someone to go look, view, download, use or buy something that is not associated with Scrap Girls.  For example:
              • Come to XXXXX.com (or XXXXX dot com)
              • Email me at yourname@xxxxx.com
              • Get freebies at XXXXX
              • Get this information at XXXXX forum
              • You can find/I found XXXXX at XXXXX
              • Available at/coming soon to XXXXX
              • Send me a PM/I’ll send you a PM (with competitive information).

Thanks AnnMarie....That's what I thought....if I should use an embellishment or something like that it would probably be from my folders from years ago and most of those things do not have any identifying info on them....just wanted to be sure.  Thanks a Bunch !!:)

Archived