Project Life 2018

A-M

1 hour ago, Mikelle said:

Yep!  I'm hoping to knock them all out this weekend.  I need to move on with 2019.  And... I still haven't gotten all my Christmas cards done!  That one is annoying, unlike my PL layouts... I feel like I procrastinated on an assignment for school and now I'm procrastinating more because I don't feel like doing it.  ?

Heehee, Mikelle I must be enjoying you so much because guess what?  My never-written “Christmas cards” morphed into New Years cards, most of which were written and sent just yesterday!   I totally get the procrastinating, that kept happening to me, too until finally I said - now or never!!!

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/6/2019 at 12:14 PM, Mikelle said:

Week 48

I take it everyone else is finished?  I'm the last one... 4 more layouts to go!

Well, you are doing a fine job and ahead of the deadline!   I went out for a few errands, came back and you had 3 posted.   I’m going out to lunch soon, maybe you’ll be done when I get back!  :D  

:joke:   - don’t rush!   PS I was one of if not THE last finisher last year!  

On 1/4/2019 at 5:15 PM, CRS said:

And here is December! Now I just need to create a cover for the book and resize the pages so the stitching isn't cut off like last year and I'll be ready to print! Thanks for keeping track of us for 2018 Anne-Marie!

Carla, what do you resize them to, in order to make sure nothing is cut off?

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

Well, you are doing a fine job and ahead of the deadline!   I went out for a few errands, came back and you had 3 posted.   I’m going out to lunch soon, maybe you’ll be done when I get back!  :D  

:joke:   - don’t rush!   PS I was one of it not THE last finisher last year!  

I'm alternately scrapping, picking up around the house, and doing laundry.  I'm feeling productive today!

3 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I'm alternately scrapping, picking up around the house, and doing laundry.  I'm feeling productive today!

You sure are!  Pretty amazing - two more pages and all I did was go out to lunch!

2 hours ago, Mikelle said:

Week 50

And now I need lunch...

For sure... Sustenance for the finish line!  :)

16 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I don't know, this will be the first time I try it, lol! I usually use Shutterfly, and they have templates you can download with guides around the edges. I'll probably adjust my pages to fit those and hope they are right!

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:44 PM, Mikelle said:

Mikelle (and Carla) here's what I do: These directions are for lay-flat pages where nothing in the center book crease will be cut off. I make a file the size of the finished page, e.g. 12x24. Then I move everything EXCEPT the background onto the new file. I link them all together then reduce the size to about 90%, which makes sure that a half inch border around the edges has nothing on it. (blank edges all around.) Then I move the background paper over and keep it full size. When they print the book some of the bg paper will be cut off but you won't lost any photos or journaling, etc. Let me know if you have questions. I can give you directions for books that are not lay-flat, too. Just PM me. Or you can email me at comfortwraps@hotmail.com

I actually plan ahead for the fact that borders will be cut off and don't let any important stuff get scrapped to the edge, but that's for your next year's pages, LOL.

1 hour ago, Florida granny said:

Mikelle (and Carla) here's what I do: These directions are for lay-flat pages where nothing in the center book crease will be cut off. I make a file the size of the finished page, e.g. 12x24. Then I move everything EXCEPT the background onto the new file. I link them all together then reduce the size to about 90%, which makes sure that a half inch border around the edges has nothing on it. (blank edges all around.) Then I move the background paper over and keep it full size. When they print the book some of the bg paper will be cut off but you won't lost any photos or journaling, etc. Let me know if you have questions. I can give you directions for books that are not lay-flat, too. Just PM me. Or you can email me at comfortwraps@hotmail.com

I actually plan ahead for the fact that borders will be cut off and don't let any important stuff get scrapped to the edge, but that's for your next year's pages, LOL.

I started to resize my pages to 97% but I don't think that's enough. The stitching fits inside the 1/4 in margin, but barely. I do want some of the background paper to show on both sides of the stitching, so I need to shrink it smaller.

1 hour ago, CRS said:

I started to resize my pages to 97% but I don't think that's enough. The stitching fits inside the 1/4 in margin, but barely. I do want some of the background paper to show on both sides of the stitching, so I need to shrink it smaller.

That sounds right. And if you keep your bg paper the full size hopefully it will all work. :) 

59 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

That sounds right. And if you keep your bg paper the full size hopefully it will all work. :) 

I tried 90% but it seems too much (it's not a lay flat book, but the standard ones). I think I'm going to go with 95% and keep my fingers crossed! Thanks for the advice!!

Thankyou everyone for taking part in Project Life 2018.

Congratulations to jenrou ( Jean) who is the winner for the last quarterly draw. 

I let Angie draw the winner of the $25 coupon and her result was....  bescter ( Becky) .... CONGRATULATIONS! 

1744465154_WinnerofDecemberquarterly.thumb.jpg.f22c30c21cbf1b7cd07202e08627e9e0.jpg

Archived