Old, but good, digital supplies

Mikelle

In my on-going effort to organize my files, I wandered into some OLD digiscrapping supplies I have.  I have folders of supplies from 2006, when I first started trying to learn digital scrapping, and before I landed at Scrap Girls.  Most of these are freebies from different sites, but they are very nice, and I have a lot of them.  I'm going through them right now, still keeping them organized by which site I downloaded them from; some sites no longer exist, others are still around, renamed, etc.  I'm thinking of making an effort to create some layouts using some of these old supplies, although I wouldn't post them anywhere (they are so old, giving credit to proper designers is a little iffy... I may not have organized very well in the beginning).  It's also funny, I found a folder named "Miscellaneous" where I had a bunch of brushes dropped into it.  I think at the time I had no clue what a brush was or how to use it or load it!  :lol:  What are these abr files you speak of?

Anyone else have random older supplies?  Any suggestions on how to organize them, or use them?  I may even set a reminder a couple of times a month, to create a layout using old supplies.

I just got rid of a bunch of my old pre-scrap girls freebie stuff. I only kept stuff that I thought would really use. The quality of Scrap Girls is far better than anything I had in my stash. Good luck with the organization. I’ll be watching this thread for any new tips. 

You make me giggle, Mikelle and for sure, yes I have those old, random files.    I used to file them by “freebies” in a folder then graduated to dividing them into folders named frames, papers, embellishments etc.   The thing about random stuff to me is most times I don’t know I have them, so can’t find/look for them when I need them.  So, one thing I started to do is if something fit into a collection,  through color. style, theme or whatever, I plopped that freebie right into the collection folder so when I use that collection it’s there for me to see..   I also started ruthlessly weeding out things I know I’d never need, hard as that is!   I mostly try to say, “will I ever find this?”  “will I ever use this?” and go by that.   Then I file into a collection folder or the themed ones I mentioned....

Then again I still DO have folders just called “freebies” that don’t match with anything.  That I have a hard time trashing...... Sigh..........

I've been doing the same thing organizing my old scrapping files. I have some non-Scrap Girls files from 2007 that I haven't used and probably never will, so I'm deleting them. The only non-SG files that I'm keeping are Halloween, Christmas, Winter and Autumn. Now if I would only use them.

I had tons of freebies backed up to dvds and when we moved to MD, I threw them all out. I must have had a dozen or so...most never used. Those were from my pre-ehd/laptop days. I really need to go through my folders and purge a bit, along with my closet, kitchen cupboards, etc.

Good Luck with your organization!

I keep older kits on an EHD that I possibly will never bother looking at again or using. But just in case, they are there. 

OHHHH Ya.....I can certainly relate....have things from almost 15 years ago....I have gotten rid of some that are odd, but so much is really nice stuff...I didn't file by Site, or Designer back then tho.....I also back at the beginning kept things by collection somewhat, but then did Copy and Past ....Paper by color, Ribbons/string etc, Buttons, Borders, Clouds Sun, Snowflakes, Rain drops....etc etc....I do use that still tho if I can't find the right shade of red paper I more than likely will in my folder of 873 sheets of red paper LOL....do this type of thing in my Scrap Girls folder too....easier to find that one odd embellishment if you have a file of them than have to remember what collection that pencil was in LOL

I have folders for each site, and also have made folders for "Themes"  like School, Seasons, Reading, Guys/Boys, Arts/Crafts, Army soldier, Birthday, Vintage, Zoo......and many more just copy and past tho I figure the more places I have something the more apt I am to run into it and use it.

Archived