Project Life 2018 - Chatting Thread

A-M

I will start this thread just for asking questions or chatting about our Project Life layouts. 

The other thread will just be for signing up and  sharing your links to your layouts in the gallery. 

The main thread is found HERE

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m going to try hard to keep up with this, this year.  I really enjoyed the PAD last month, and I think having an optional PAD or themes each week will help me keep up, and help me take photos I’d never have thought of.  Today’s suggestion is “you”, and I had DH take a photo of me earlier.  Off to a good start!  Did anyone else actually make layouts of the December photos-a-day yet?

I am having a really hard time deciding what to do....7 photos a week,  or 4 photos a Month ...I did that a couple years and it worked out really well...not as much stress for this old lady who doesn't do anything terribly exciting LOL  but I have done the 7 a week and that was fun as I took pic of things I never even registered in my world befor....what are you all doing????

I also used this calendar Temp and put each LO I finished each month in a square...that was fun to see all at a glance.

This year I doing mine a little different than last year as I am doing Monthly layout using photos from the Weekly themes I have shared. My journaling will  possibly be brief. I am waiting to see what new templates appear in the store before I finally decide on the style of my pages. 

7 hours ago, Becster said:

I love having a page full of photos each week, it's like a yearbook for me!

I love reading through your weekly stories and looking through your photos, Becky!   Your pages must look so good (& satisying to see) now that the year is over. 

I've never made these pages before so I hope I can keep up. I am sure it will interesting to look back after the year to see what I did every month. This separate forum for chats is a wonderful idea!

:cheeringdog:.

Its such fun to look back over the years and see what you did. I set a task last year of only doing 2 pages a month (except for Jan and December and if we have been on holiday where I have really full months) I only record the main things that happen in the month or something I want to remember. This way I found I completed it without pressure :) I used a template for all the months and found it so much easier.

Jane , that is a good tip.

I still do not know what template or templates I will use. I am waiting to see what new ones appear in the shop. 

I know this is being chatted on the other thread, but I wanted to put in here that I tried doing the photo a day for the whole year my first year and I was struggling to find things to take photos of. That's why I changed to a double LO per month instead.

13 minutes ago, QuirkyGirl said:

How is everyone's first week coming along?

Well, good so far for me, I think.  I've managed to take photos each day - but we're only 5 days in!  In addition to the photo prompts Anne-Marie has provided, I have a couple of other photos I'd like to take to represent this first week, so I will have plenty of photos for a double layout.  I'm still not sure about a template, or exactly what I will do.  My usual time for catching up on scrapping is Saturday morning, but I won't be able to tomorrow (work conference).  I'm looking forward to figuring out how I want to do PL this year, though.

Joslyn, looking at the template you built for yourself, you've already numbered where each daily photo will go; do you ever find a photo doesn't quite fit or work out properly for the mask you've assigned to it, once you're placing your photos?  (Does that question make sense?)

4 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

Well, good so far for me, I think.  I've managed to take photos each day - but we're only 5 days in!  In addition to the photo prompts Anne-Marie has provided, I have a couple of other photos I'd like to take to represent this first week, so I will have plenty of photos for a double layout.  I'm still not sure about a template, or exactly what I will do.  My usual time for catching up on scrapping is Saturday morning, but I won't be able to tomorrow (work conference).  I'm looking forward to figuring out how I want to do PL this year, though.

Joslyn, looking at the template you built for yourself, you've already numbered where each daily photo will go; do you ever find a photo doesn't quite fit or work out properly for the mask you've assigned to it, once you're placing your photos?  (Does that question make sense?)

Your question for Joslyn makes sense to me, Mikelle. That's the reason I like Susie's templates...I can build my LO based on what photos I have.

Just now, barbaraj said:

I've got a few photos so far  and keep getting ideas for what to do. I'm thinking of Haiku for journaling. (or not) 

Is anyone doing a cover page to start out?

I have to create a cover for my 2017 book still. I usually do that last, mostly because I forget, lol.

9 minutes ago, CRS said:

I have to create a cover for my 2017 book still. I usually do that last, mostly because I forget, lol.

10 minutes ago, barbaraj said:

I've got a few photos so far  and keep getting ideas for what to do. I'm thinking of Haiku for journaling. (or not) 

Is anyone doing a cover page to start out?

I never even thought about needing a cover page until I read Carla’s layout saying she’d forgotten!  
I love that idea of Haiku for journaling - or not, that’s awesome, Barbara. :)

18 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

Question makes sense to me, but I don’t know the answer, hee hee... :rofl:(Sorry!)

I just loved using Susie Roberts Daily Life Templates last year, they’re ingenious once I saw how they worked!  You get one PSD file but there are an amazing amount of possibilities within when you turn layers on, then add her little partitions to create whatever template spaces you like or need.   It’s hard to explain, but once I understood - they are so cool!  I kept trying to figure out how she did it, but eventually decided to just reap the benefits and not try to understand how!   

I have not fully decided on what template to possibly use but I am doing my pages monthly and trying to roughly follow the weekly photo prompts I shared so this week I have been taking photos of food.  So you will not see any pages from me until the start of February. Unless I change to fortnightly pages which is a thought.....  

For the last couple of years I have been doing a calendar challenge on another forum and print out myself the calendar I create. Other years I have used photos of my own and photos from the web. The first year I did the Flowers of the month and last year I chose a frog theme because I do like frogs.

This year I decided to use beach photos I have taken over the years and make my pages very simple without embellishments. I found a great set of templates by Syndi Nuckles which you can find in the store HERE .   Now as I made my page today which you can see in the gallery HERE, it got me thinking about my Project Life pages I want to do monthly and use the weekly theme for a photo each day. If it works okay I am going to use one of the calendar templates for my pages as the photos will already be numbered with the dates and then I can do just brief bullet style journaling in the space that would normally be for the photo in the template as the photos which will be small but that is okay for what I want to achieve ( I think). 

I was Just thinking about a Calendar LO too AnnMarie....Here is one I did 4 years ago...I Have the Temp you linked too....Hmmmm What to do

22 hours ago, Mikelle said:

Hi There Mikelle!

I'm right there with you on photo taking!! I've been following Anne-Maries daily prompts and love how her prompts make me look at my world in a different way!! I've also taken addition pictures... I think that I will add those in my album in traditional pocket format and use my typewriter to journal on 3 x 4 or 4 x 6 cards.

As far as photos not quite fitting in the mask that I have already assigned to them... the answer is yes!! Most definitely!! If that happens... I just move things around to different masks to make everything work together. By adding in the numbers before the pictures... it is only a temporary holding spot and just makes it easier for me during the week to have the main items already on the template. Then at the end of the week, if time allows I can embellish some more, or not! LOL!! Thanks so much for asking!!

22 hours ago, MariJ said:

I never even thought about needing a cover page until I read Carla’s layout saying she’d forgotten!  
I love that idea of Haiku for journaling - or not, that’s awesome, Barbara. :)

I've never thought to do a digital cover page!! That is such a great idea!! I usually do a traditional pocket page for my cover page! I'm going to give this some thought!!

14 hours ago, A-M said:

For the last couple of years I have been doing a calendar challenge on another forum and print out myself the calendar I create. Other years I have used photos of my own and photos from the web. The first year I did the Flowers of the month and last year I chose a frog theme because I do like frogs.

This year I decided to use beach photos I have taken over the years and make my pages very simple without embellishments. I found a great set of templates by Syndi Nuckles which you can find in the store HERE .   Now as I made my page today which you can see in the gallery HERE, it got me thinking about my Project Life pages I want to do monthly and use the weekly theme for a photo each day. If it works okay I am going to use one of the calendar templates for my pages as the photos will already be numbered with the dates and then I can do just brief bullet style journaling in the space that would normally be for the photo in the template as the photos which will be small but that is okay for what I want to achieve ( I think). 

Such a beautiful calendar page!! And LOVE your idea!!!

22 minutes ago, QuirkyGirl said:

Hi There Mikelle!

I'm right there with you on photo taking!! I've been following Anne-Maries daily prompts and love how her prompts make me look at my world in a different way!! I've also taken addition pictures... I think that I will add those in my album in traditional pocket format and use my typewriter to journal on 3 x 4 or 4 x 6 cards.

As far as photos not quite fitting in the mask that I have already assigned to them... the answer is yes!! Most definitely!! If that happens... I just move things around to different masks to make everything work together. By adding in the numbers before the pictures... it is only a temporary holding spot and just makes it easier for me during the week to have the main items already on the template. Then at the end of the week, if time allows I can embellish some more, or not! LOL!! Thanks so much for asking!!

Where are Anne Marie's Daily Prompts   ...... I think I found them....LOL             

Archived