A-M

Project Life 2018 - Chatting Thread

109 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

I have my template together and am ready to start on January, making one double page layout per month.  Now....to decide on the collection to use....I'm going to the PL gallery now for some inspiration! 

I look forward to seeing your monthly double. I am working on my monthly as the month progresses - adding photos and journaling as it happens. This way I hope to get the page finished quickly.  Just so you know with the monthly pages... if it is January's page you will get the smiley for January in the yearly chart. 

On 1/18/2018 at 7:01 AM, sueb_4 said:

Thanks for the fast reply Anne Marie.  I was actually meaning the signature link.  I followed April Showers instructions but unfortunately did something wrong.  Initially there was a bounding box which I put the url in but that was the wrong thing that I entered.  So I deleted the bounding box & now cant get it back. 

It was so that I could link to my gallery.  

I fixed the link for your gallery. If the link doesn't work like you want it to, please let me know and I'll fix it!

15 hours ago, SodScrap said:

I have my template together and am ready to start on January, making one double page layout per month.  Now....to decide on the collection to use....I'm going to the PL gallery now for some inspiration! 

I know that some people have used the monthly Club for their month of pages. I usually let my photos decide, but make sure that I haven't used that color on a recent monthly page. I almost always have black or orange for October, pink or purple for August (Brooke's bday month), orange for May (Lauren's bday) and green or red for December. I guess I go with the seasons for colors, too.

January's theme for my pages will be winter! LOL!

4 minutes ago, CRS said:

I know that some people have used the monthly Club for their month of pages. I usually let my photos decide, but make sure that I haven't used that color on a recent monthly page. I almost always have black or orange for October, pink or purple for August (Brooke's bday month), orange for May (Lauren's bday) and green or red for December. I guess I go with the seasons for colors, too.

January's theme for my pages will be winter! LOL!

That’s true, now I think of it - I used a BG color to sort of coincide with the month/season - or something special going on.  But, Dec was red, Jan was icy blue, etc!

So, I just received my 2017 book from Shutterfly yesterday. I am bummed because some of the stitching from Susie's template was cut off. The photos and embellishments look great, just missing some stitching on some edges. So....

When creating your layouts for printing in a book, make sure you keep any important elements away from the edges!

3 minutes ago, CRS said:

So, I just received my 2017 book from Shutterfly yesterday. I am bummed because some of the stitching from Susie's template was cut off. The photos and embellishments look great, just missing some stitching on some edges. So....

When creating your layouts for printing in a book, make sure you keep any important elements away from the edges!

Very true!  I also know some sites will have a guide that will show you the bleed area so you know where to keep items away from.  So that might be something to think about especially when you are just starting your book

1 hour ago, CRS said:

Awwwww... That’s too bad, Carla - sorry about that.  I’ve found that even when I used a site’s template that showed me how far I could go out - it still turned out different.   I wonder if you could write to them and they’d fix it?   I’ve had good luck with their customer service when I wasn’t happy with a product.   It’s worth a try, they did redo something for me once.

5 hours ago, CRS said:

Carla, sorry to read this happened to your album.

This is why the two albums I have had printed professionally so far I have a plain border from with in their websites software and that way all my page gets printed and I like the look of the border. 

Week 4 can be found here

Can't believe I finished a whole month of layouts, I never really thought I would do that.

Here is my first layout for February.

Sweet Friend

At last I have sorted out my linking :huh:.  Some of us a not the sharpest pencils in the case . LOL

53 minutes ago, sueb_4 said:

Here is my first layout for February.

Sweet Friend

At last I have sorted out my linking :huh:.  Some of us a not the sharpest pencils in the case . LOL

You made me giggle about the pencils and great job on the link, it worked well! :D

On 1/25/2018 at 4:24 PM, CRS said:

When making my photo book pages, here's what I do to avoid that problem. On each page I add a top layer in a bright color (yellow seems to work for me). Then I select all but a half inch edge and delete it. In other words, it now looks like a half inch frame all around the page. That way I can see at a glance what will/might be cut off at any edge. For many of the SG templates, things will be cut off, so when I use the template I reduce its size a little.  (CTRL + T) to about 90% - 95%, and that seems to bring everything within the "frame". Obviously I keep the background the full size. Good luck! I know how frustrating it is when something that looks so good on your computer screen is partly missing in the finished book! Oh, yes... Don't forget to turn off the bright yellow frame before you save the page! :D 

11 hours ago, Florida granny said:

When making my photo book pages, here's what I do to avoid that problem. On each page I add a top layer in a bright color (yellow seems to work for me). Then I select all but a half inch edge and delete it. In other words, it now looks like a half inch frame all around the page. That way I can see at a glance what will/might be cut off at any edge. For many of the SG templates, things will be cut off, so when I use the template I reduce its size a little.  (CTRL + T) to about 90% - 95%, and that seems to bring everything within the "frame". Obviously I keep the background the full size. Good luck! I know how frustrating it is when something that looks so good on your computer screen is partly missing in the finished book! Oh, yes... Don't forget to turn off the bright yellow frame before you save the page! :D 

Thanks for the tips! I have a template from Shutterfly for 12x12 pages, but I scrap these 12x24 and was trying to figure out the best way to scale them to fit the template. I didn’t use them last year but this year I’ll be sure to keep anything important inside the frame.

Oh dear! I have fallen a tad behind on this project and hope to get all caught up this weekend! I can't seem to find the February prompts... can some one please point me in the right direction? TIA!!! xoxo

10 hours ago, QuirkyGirl said:

Oh dear! I have fallen a tad behind on this project and hope to get all caught up this weekend! I can't seem to find the February prompts... can some one please point me in the right direction? TIA!!! xoxo

If you want to bookmark the post where I will share the photo themes each month,  you can find the post HERE