Jumpstart January 2018

ValerieT

Is there a way to view the complete gallery or do you need to go into the specific sections like design team, ct, challenges etc. ? That's what I see when I open the gallery. I'd like to page through the entire gallery with the newest layouts first if possible. I hope my question makes sense. 

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, beatricemi said:

Is there a way to view the complete gallery or do you need to go into the specific sections like design team, ct, challenges etc. ? That's what I see when I open the gallery. I'd like to page through the entire gallery with the newest layouts first if possible. I hope my question makes sense. 

It does make sense and I know what you are asking, but with this new gallery, it’s hard to do.   If you look under the specific sections, you can see New Content but there’s only a page of it.   There is a way to look just for images, I can’t remember how to do it, but again as I recall - it doesn’t give you a lot of pages and things get moved around as comments are made on layouts.  I’ll keep searching to see if I can find a way. 

3 hours ago, beatricemi said:

I go to the gallery, click on Weekly Newsletter Ch (because I've usually done on of those recently) click on one of my layouts, then to the right of my avatar I click on Find other Images and it brings them all up. A lot of clicks but it gets you there!

2 hours ago, barbaraj said:

I go to the gallery, click on Weekly Newsletter Ch (because I've usually done on of those recently) click on one of my layouts, then to the right of my avatar I click on Find other Images and it brings them all up. A lot of clicks but it gets you there!

I tried that and I saw find their other images which took me to my gallery. I must be doing something wrong

3 hours ago, beatricemi said:

I tried that and I saw find their other images which took me to my gallery. I must be doing something wrong

I’m sorry it’s giving you trouble, I’m trying to find a thread that helped, but can’t locate it!
I think I’ll ask Carla she’s good with the forum and wrote some of the tutorials! :)

9 hours ago, beatricemi said:

Is there a way to view the complete gallery or do you need to go into the specific sections like design team, ct, challenges etc. ? That's what I see when I open the gallery. I'd like to page through the entire gallery with the newest layouts first if possible. I hope my question makes sense

This makes complete sense and has been a huge frustration for me since we got the new forum last spring. But, I was determined to figure a way around and I MAY have figured it out. I haven't tested it more than just to create it, so please let me know if anyone tries this and how it works!

So, do any of you have a forum activity stream? You can set what you see when you click on it...I have mine set to see all new content since my last visit. There are a lot of options, including Images. So, below is a screen shot.

ScreenShot1.jpg

Click on Forum, then Create New Steam in the grey box at the bottom. This brings up a new box, shown below.

ScreenShot2.jpg

1. Create a Stream Title so you can find it when you need it.
2. Under Show me, click on Content Items Only, or else you'll see every LO and each time someone makes a comment on that LO.
3. Under Content Types, click Images. There is a gear at the end of the Images bar that will let you make even more selections if you wish. Then click on the Orange Save Button in the bottom right corner (not in the screen shot, sorry).
4. Click on the Forum Button again, like in the first screen shot and your new Custom Stream will appear as whatever you named it.

I hope this helps and hopefully it's an easy way to see all the new images in the gallery....fingers crossed!

18 hours ago, beatricemi said:

Not that I know of. it is broken into categories!

But you can do most recent I believe which allows you to see all the recent posts.

8 hours ago, CRS said:

This makes complete sense and has been a huge frustration for me since we got the new forum last spring. But, I was determined to figure a way around and I MAY have figured it out. I haven't tested it more than just to create it, so please let me know if anyone tries this and how it works!

So, do any of you have a forum activity stream? You can set what you see when you click on it...I have mine set to see all new content since my last visit. There are a lot of options, including Images. So, below is a screen shot.

ScreenShot1.jpg

Click on Forum, then Create New Steam in the grey box at the bottom. This brings up a new box, shown below.

ScreenShot2.jpg

2. Under Show me, click on Content Items Only, or else you'll see every LO and each time someone makes a comment on that LO.
3. Under Content Types, click Images. There is a gear at the end of the Images bar that will let you make even more selections if you wish. Then click on the Orange Save Button in the bottom right corner (not in the screen shot, sorry).
4. Click on the Forum Button again, like in the first screen shot and your new Custom Stream will appear as whatever you named it.

I hope this helps and hopefully it's an easy way to see all the new images in the gallery....fingers crossed!

Thank Carla!

I will have to try that !

10 hours ago, CRS said:

ScreenShot1.jpg

ScreenShot2.jpg

Your determination was worth it, Carla THANK YOU!
Your directions are clear and they work and now I can find the most recently posted layouts all at once, thanks so much for doing this! :)

3 hours ago, tinkerbell11 said:

I forgot this little snippet from Yesterday (a lot of you already posted a link!)

When you have found one post a link to it in this thread. Don't forget to leave a comment on the Layout you have picked, if you haven't already.

Eeps! I did forget, but I added a comment this morning. thanks for the reminder! 

19 minutes ago, princessrunningfingers said:

Task 8 - I started my page with two papers and my photo.

Bluebird_225.jpg

What a gorgeous photo! I'm partial to blue birds...they are the NY State Bird. I see them more here in Kentucky than I ever did in NY though, lol!

The layout I picked is from 2013!  I haven't left a comment yet, but I will... I think this week's layout will take me a while to get right, or get it the way I want it.  Scraplifts are hard for me!

Archived