Jumpstart January 2018

ValerieT

12 hours ago, BetC said:

Thank you Marilyn, for trying to get me straightened out, but---- Ack! Restarted and no change. I am on a Mac OS X 10.6.8. Marilyn, the links you sent me also give the error message.

Have you tried a different browser? I did a little google search, and it might have to do with your firewall settings. It seems to be a pretty common problem with Mac users.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may have found a solution. Google says my computer is a dinosaur so they are no longer updating my Google search engine. However, this has not affected any other website ... yet. I went in on Safari (which I really dislike) and was able to get on with everything displayed. I guess it's probably time to start looking at new computers, but this one has NEVER crashed in 8 1/2 years. Hate to think of replacing something that works so well. Thank you for brainstorming to find a solution.

1 minute ago, Florida granny said:

Hi Betty, I'm so glad you figured out the problem! IMHO there's nothing wrong with your computer; there's something wrong with Google not continuing to support it! (thought I understand that doesn't help you.) :angry:

My conspiracy theory is they are all in cahoots to make you buy new products whether you need them or not! Mini-rant over. (lol-sort of)

2 hours ago, BetC said:

My conspiracy theory is they are all in cahoots to make you buy new products whether you need them or not! Mini-rant over. (lol-sort of)

Oh boy is that the truth..   They make it obsolete so even if you are happy with a “dinosaur” it just won’t work....   :(

22 hours ago, BetC said:

I may have found a solution. Google says my computer is a dinosaur so they are no longer updating my Google search engine. However, this has not affected any other website ... yet. I went in on Safari (which I really dislike) and was able to get on with everything displayed. I guess it's probably time to start looking at new computers, but this one has NEVER crashed in 8 1/2 years. Hate to think of replacing something that works so well. Thank you for brainstorming to find a solution.

And here I am just loving Safari. Glad you found the problem though.

1 hour ago, BetC said:

19th January – Task 17 - Add six lines of journalling

Added six lines of journaling

(Are we supposed to upload a thumbnail?)

I don't think you have to - I often don't, because I don't get caught up on the tasks until the end of the week!

Archived