Jumpstart January 2018

ValerieT

On January 17, 2018 at 10:03 PM, BetC said:

Thank you Marilyn, for trying to get me straightened out, but---- Ack! Restarted and no change. I am on a Mac OS X 10.6.8. Marilyn, the links you sent me also give the error message.

BetC, this sounds a little like the problem I had with my 5 year old MacPro last week. Something that is embedded in the Mac ICloud software was set to activate in January.  (Why do they do things like this to us when we buy something from them????)

It took me several days to keep telling it to close, before I finally got out of it. It told me I had virus and that everything, including SG forum was a phishing site. I couldn't use the computer. Finally I decided delete I Cloud since I don't use it, but was able to close down that particular problem. No sign of it now, but who knows???I think they want you to buy a new computer!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jenrou said:

BetC, this sounds a little like the problem I had with my 5 year old MacPro last week. Something that is embedded in the Mac ICloud software was set to activate in January.  (Why do they do things like this to us when we buy something from them????)

It took me several days to keep telling it to close, before I finally got out of it. It told me I had virus and that everything, including SG forum was a phishing site. I couldn't use the computer. Finally I decided delete I Cloud since I don't use it, but was able to close down that particular problem. No sign of it now, but who knows???I think they want you to buy a new computer!

I think that is so true, Jean!  After about 2-3 years, they don’t want to help, they blame it on an “old” computer.   Good job in closing iCloud I think I never activated mine and now I’m glad I didn’t.    

21 minutes ago, MariJ said:

I think that is so true, Jean!  After about 2-3 years, they don’t want to help, they blame it on an “old” computer.   Good job in closing iCloud I think I never activated mine and now I’m glad I didn’t.    

There seems to be many ways they shut you down. "Engineered obsolescence." Time to rise up against the corporate beast - haha - are you kidding me, I barely rise out of bed in the morning!

16 hours ago, BetC said:

19th January – Task 17 - Add six lines of journalling

Added six lines of journaling

(Are we supposed to upload a thumbnail?)

Valerie doesn't mention posting thumbnails in the opening post, so it's not a requirement. But if you want to share the steps you are taking through out the week, feel free to add them for us to see!

Here is my page with Brandy's background blenders for a mask background then my own mask for the photo of my friends wedding.

Week Four
22nd January – Task 19

Today we want you to head over to the Scrap Girls shop and find either a layout template set you really like or a ScrapSimple paper template set. You can pick both if you wish.

Post a link to your favourite product in the thread.

Please note: you do not have to use the product you pick to create your layout.

53 minutes ago, CRS said:

Susie's ScrapSimple Digital Layout Templates: Daily Life Template 12 x 12 is my all time favorite template set!

I agree Carla these are fabulous and I have been using them for my Project Life pages :) 

I have been using Value Pack: 8.5x22 Scrap It Monthly Three by Marlene Peacock to do my holiday Album in Norway and they are amazing to use.

23rd January – Task 20
Start a new layout in your preferred size. Use either a layout template or a ScrapSimple paper template as your starting point. You can use both if you want to.

Add your papers using your layout template and/or paper template as your guide.

My template calls for several photos so I deleted part of it and just kept the space for the main photo. I turned most of the photo black and white and just kept DGD in color. I figure we'll be adding journaling at some point so I kept a big white rectangle just in case. If not, I might move papers around.

JJ LO 4 photo.jpg

Archived