12x12 to 8x8

Ande43

I scrap a 12x12 LO and then always resize to 8x8 and print as that.....For those of you that do this, do you save the 12x12 LOs as Jpeg or do you delete them....I am thinking I am never going to print out 12x12 and I save the Tiff file so is there any reason to save them???

1 hour ago, April Showers said:

If you save the tiff file of the layout, there is no reason you need to save the 12x12 jpg.

That's what I thought...if for some crazy off the wall reason I wanted a 12x12  I could save one from the Tiff

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:

I have difficulty deleting any files....terrible I know.  I'm anxious to see what others say!

Conda, I am so like that.   Even things I don’t like and think I’ll never use I have a problem trashing, “just in case”. :D

21 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Conda, I am so like that.   Even things I don’t like and think I’ll never use I have a problem trashing, “just in case”. :D

Or when I find a folder with the same Collection ..... can't make myself delete one....find myself putting paper in paper bows in bow folder etc LOLLOL

My name is Mikelle, and I am a hoarder of scrapping supplies!

At least they don't take up much physical room.

I had seen elsewhere someone's answer regarding TIFF files... whenever I've received TIFF files along with PSD's, etc, I've always kept the PSD and deleted the TIFF.  I did not realize a TIFF file is layered, like a PSD, but can work with other programs besides Photoshop.  So regarding keeping the TIFFs instead of JPG, I don't have input.

I scrap 12x12, resize to 8x8 and print, then delete my 8x8 file and keep a folder of the PSDs and a folder of the corresponding 12x12 JPGs.  My reason for scrapping ultimately is so that my girls have layouts to look at long after I'm gone, and they might someday decide they'd like to print them in 12x12 albums.  Never know... just in case.

I do save too much, I want the layers because later on I might make a new LO using something from the original LO--usually a mask or the way it is laid out and so I am glad that I saved the layers.

On 1/3/2018 at 6:06 PM, Mikelle said:

My name is Mikelle, and I am a hoarder of scrapping supplies!

At least they don't take up much physical room.

I had seen elsewhere someone's answer regarding TIFF files... whenever I've received TIFF files along with PSD's, etc, I've always kept the PSD and deleted the TIFF.  I did not realize a TIFF file is layered, like a PSD, but can work with other programs besides Photoshop.  So regarding keeping the TIFFs instead of JPG, I don't have input.

I scrap 12x12, resize to 8x8 and print, then delete my 8x8 file and keep a folder of the PSDs and a folder of the corresponding 12x12 JPGs.  My reason for scrapping ultimately is so that my girls have layouts to look at long after I'm gone, and they might someday decide they'd like to print them in 12x12 albums.  Never know... just in case.

You are in good company here!!  I am ever grateful my husband can't see HOW MANY supplies are on my tiny EHD. :)  (it's 4 TB!!)

On 1/3/2018 at 0:54 PM, Ande43 said:

That's what I thought...if for some crazy off the wall reason I wanted a 12x12  I could save one from the Tiff

Exactly. Not that I delete my jpg files, but I could. And I do for layout templates now and just save a tiff file so that I can see what it is.

Archived