What does this message mean

Ande43

I tried to open an Image (LO) in PSE and got this message......Could not complete your request because of a problem parsing the Jpeg data.....???

It seems to apply to a lot of the LO in the folder....have never had this happen before...it was the Jpeg save of 8x8...was just going to make sure it was an 8x8

23 minutes ago, Ande43 said:

I tried to open an Image (LO) in PSE and got this message......Could not complete your request because of a problem parsing the Jpeg data.....???

It seems to apply to a lot of the LO in the folder....have never had this happen before...it was the Jpeg save of 8x8...was just going to make sure it was an 8x8

Carol, I put exactly the message you said here into a Yahoo Search and this is one of the answers that came up --
It sounds like you have a corrupt JPEG image file.  
If you created the JPEG yourself from some other file, then try making another copy and hope that it's ok. Otherwise there's probably nothing you can do to fix this problem. It is almost impossible to repair a corrupted JPEG."

Here’s another LINK - don’t know if this will work, I dont’ really know anything about this, except what I'm reading.  Anything I’m reading, though says that most likely the file is corrupt.

Hopefully someone else will come along that might understand or know more.

Someone else said:
“I opened the down loads and clicked on the image. and opened in paint.  Where there I could save the photo to jpeg, and was able to get it opened in photoshop."

And, here’s another LINK.

Hope something here is helpful. :)

11 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Here’s another LINK - don’t know if this will work, I dont’ really know anything about this, except what I'm reading.  Anything I’m reading, though says that most likely the file is corrupt.

Hopefully someone else will come along that might understand or know more.

Thanks so much!!!!!....Ill play around with it and see what happens....

50 minutes ago, MariJ said:

00Good luck Carol and let us know how you make out, maybe someone else will know more.

This is really odd....I really wonder how they were corrupted...It seems all the LOs in one folder are corrupt...52 of them....I did try the method to fix and it did work....but I do have both 12x12 and TIFF folders of the 52 so I think I will just resize them again and delete the bad ones....all of the bad ones were resized 500x500 dimensions....weird..I only resize to 8x8.....from what I can see no others are involved...all others open in PSE Anyway thanks so much if you hear anyone else has had the problem and has an idea how it happed would love to know....:unsure:

49 minutes ago, Ande43 said:

This is really odd....I really wonder how they were corrupted...It seems all the LOs in one folder are corrupt...52 of them....I did try the method to fix and it did work....but I do have both 12x12 and TIFF folders of the 52 so I think I will just resize them again and delete the bad ones....all of the bad ones were resized 500x500 dimensions....weird..I only resize to 8x8.....from what I can see no others are involved...all others open in PSE Anyway thanks so much if you hear anyone else has had the problem and has an idea how it happed would love to know....:unsure:

Sure, I’m glad that worked for you and sorry you had to go through all of this.  I don’t know how files get corrupt, that’s a puzzle for sure, for me at least!

Archived