Best printing options these days?

Hi scrappers!!!
It has been YEARS and 4 more children (6 total now) since I have scrapped. ( I feel like I'm at al-anon, lol) I already know I'm going to have to update my software. But now that I have 6 children's photo albums to create, I'm wondering what the latest info is on printing. I want a photo book they can actually page through by next year. 

I used to scrap 12x12 paper, then switched to 12x12 digital. What is the most cost-effective way to print into books with pages that are full-bleed and self-designed?

Thanks everyone! I feel like I'm starting over, lol!

I’ve done photo books with Costco if you’re a member.   Their books are approx 11x8.5 inches and start at $17.99 (If I remember correctly) for 30 pages.   The best part is additional pages (up to 100 for a book!) are something like 79 cents each - any other company I looked at were at least $2!  You make the books online, either with premade pages or your own and they deliver it to your Costco, no shipping charges!  And, they do beautiful work.

I’ve also printed books with Shutterfly - 8x8 inches.  More expensive + shipping, but you can get sales and specials that help.   I’ve been pleased with their work, too!

I've used Shutterfly in the past, along with Artscow. Just watch the margins when creating pages so nothing is too close to the edges and gets cut off. I don't know about prices right now, but there are sales now and then. Good Luck getting back into the swing of things. Please ask if you have any other questions!

7 hours ago, sfninerfan7 said:

I used Artscow AGES ago....took foreer to ship. Has that improved?

oooooo.....costco definitely has the lowest prices I have found so far without hunting for coupons. Really happy with their color production?

Thank you so much!!

I have honestly been delighted with my Costco books, they’re beautiful and their prices can’t be beat.   I made a 60 page book and it cost me less than $35 as I recall.  I was confused with the interface a few times so called the help # which was answered by someone who absolutely understood the site and how to use it so my problem was solved in a few minutes.  I love not having shipping charges, too!  Good luck with whatever you do and let us know how you make out. :)

When I did my pages, I checked the site for book size and added space around it.  I scrapped my pages, then used the “one photo” or some layout option like that so I could just drop my photo in, but the size of the book is listed as 11 ¼ x 8 ¾”.    

I just looked now and see they’ve changed their product a bit since I made one a few months ago.  They now have a 12x12” layflat 30 page book for $30.   And their 11 ¼ x 8 ¾” book is now being listed as $29.99 for a 2-pack.   So, you’d have to explore or call Customer Service to see if they still offer a single book.   I’d be  disappointed if they don’t since I have one in the making and I only need one!   Good luck.

PS I’ve just emailed Costco Customer Service to ask about this so will post when I get an answer.   Their 12x12” book looks really nice, too and is a bargain at $39.99 for 30 pages.   It lays flat so two-pager layouts would look really great, too. 

I have yet to print a book.  *gasp*  The individual pages I have printed through Scrapping Simply.  Looks like they have several book sizes including 8x8.  Looks like 20 pages for 19.99.  (although...I have never had a book printed)

On 1/6/2018 at 10:43 PM, sfninerfan7 said:

I used Artscow AGES ago....took foreer to ship. Has that improved?

oooooo.....costco definitely has the lowest prices I have found so far without hunting for coupons. Really happy with their color production?

Thank you so much!!

I ordered 5 calendars right after Thanksgiving and got them delivered mid-December. I didn't think it was too bad considering it was the holiday season and they were shipping from Hong Kong. But I was anxious to get them to see what they looked like in print!!

Ok, so I’ve emailed back and forth with Costco Customer Service and the answers aren’t pleasing to me.  While their prices are still good, their only options now are a 12x12” book for $39 or two packs of 8x8” or 11 ¼ x 8 ¾” sized books.

Well, since I’m normally not needing a two pack of books and think that’s the case most times with most people, I explained that they were losing me as a customer and possibly others.   Hopefully, they will 
offer single order books again sometime soon but if you need doubles, the price is amazing.  

Archived