January 2018 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

Happy 2018!!!  (I cannot believe I just said that… 2 0 1 8…)

We have some fun changes to the recipe swap this year!!  Each month we post a recipe theme.  Each participant sends in a card (or two or three!), details below, for the theme, at the end of the swap, you get a copy of each recipe submitted!!  It's a great way to add to you family favorites as all recipes are tried and tested before being submitted!! 

First, each member who submits a card for each of the first six months will get a $5 gift certificate.  

Second, each member that does a card for each of the last six months will also get a a $5 gift certificate.  

Grand Prize:  At the end of the year, we will draw from everyone who participate all 12 months and they will win a recipe book/binder to put their new recipe cards in AND a $15 store gift certificate!

AND WAIT, there's more!!  Each month there will be a a special "recipe themed" savings selection at a special price for that month only!!  You can find this month's From the Kitchen Of Savings Selection designed for us by Angie!  Hurry, you don't want to miss out on the special for us price this month!

This month's theme is Slow Cooker and/or Instant Pot Recipes

To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2018

• PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Happy Recipe Scrapping!!  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, I love that little kit Angie! The font is so cute!! I've seen Instant Pot recipes on Pinterest, but I don't have one. I got an air fryer for Christmas and I can only handle one new gadget at a time, lol.

Love the changes you have made to the swap...I love my little binder of recipes. Off to find a recipe!

9 minutes ago, CRS said:

OMG, I love that little kit Angie! The font is so cute!! I've seen Instant Pot recipes on Pinterest, but I don't have one. I got an air fryer for Christmas and I can only handle one new gadget at a time, lol.

Love the changes you have made to the swap...I love my little binder of recipes. Off to find a recipe!

You know...and air fryer is on my wish list.  In fact, I thought I'd use my Christmas money for one...but can't decide on what one!!  I've had an instant pot for a little over a year now.

1 minute ago, SodScrap said:

You know...and air fryer is on my wish list.  In fact, I thought I'd use my Christmas money for one...but can't decide on what one!!  I've had an instant pot for a little over a year now.

I never really thought about air frying, but my mom and brother love theirs, so she got me one. We've used it a few times and we like it. It's faster than using the oven for frozen fries or even mozzarella sticks. I even made baked potatoes in it. She got me the Cook's Essentials brand from QVC. She's addicted to that network, lol!

2 hours ago, CRS said:

I never really thought about air frying, but my mom and brother love theirs, so she got me one. We've used it a few times and we like it. It's faster than using the oven for frozen fries or even mozzarella sticks. I even made baked potatoes in it. She got me the Cook's Essentials brand from QVC. She's addicted to that network, lol!

What size is it Carla?  Is it big enough?  Too big?  I hear people cook whole chickens in them!!! 

14 minutes ago, angleigh said:

Oh my gosh, you'll have to tell me how you like the air fryer.  Justin keeps wanting me to get one, but i'm on the fence about it.

I'm on the fence too...but niece got one for her birthday in September (she had just moved out on her own) and LOVES it.  Her favorite thing to fix...pizza rolls.  LOL  I think her mom got one for Christmas.

I have an airfryer and it is great. Makes nice healthy potato chips ( fries ).  

My sister has an insta-pot and has been saying how easy it is to make whole meals!  I just emailed her to ask for her recipe(s).
And, air-fryers have intrigued me for a long time, the first I ever heard of one was Jody got one and she said like Anne Marie, it made good french fries.  Except, she like Anne Marie called them “chips”. :D

Archived