Layout design

As you can see I am doing an 11 x8 layout. Normally, I put one picture on one end and another on the other end on next page...I realize I can make the picture smaller and put it in frame but I like the full size effect...I'm wondering about another placement of photo on page....open to suggestions. Isla with Santa will be on left. The upload of Isla at Christmas on right, normally I would put the photo on the end to the right...I'dd like to do something a little different. 

Isla with Santa_edited-1.jpg

Isla.jpg

Persomally. I really love the idea of that cute photo. So Ii’d take thr note paper away, hide the tree for now, use a blenfing mask with the photo clipped to it, and then bring the tree back, move to a good plave, and add a bit of journaling either just under the title, or in white on the photo of Santa toards the bottom of the photo. Try see if that will work?

11 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Persomally. I really love the idea of that cute photo. So Ii’d take thr note paper away, hide the tree for now, use a blenfing mask with the photo clipped to it, and then bring the tree back, move to a good plave, and add a bit of journaling either just under the title, or in white on the photo of Santa toards the bottom of the photo. Try see if that will work?

Andrea, what type of mask did you have in mind? There are so many styles!! I have Brandy's Grunge Block 2? I did change the white paper and titled at bottom on photo as you suggested..I love the looks of masks as I think they give an artsy look! Suggestions?

The second photo Of my granddaughter I had on a white background and was just showing placement on the next page.

Hmmm so many to choose from - check out OAWA's Cosy Christmas clipping masks, I think there are great portrait shaped masks. I wouldn't use a circle mask. Or Sekada Time for Love masks. You could always use a mask from a page template  - um like dt-tempatation templates Splendid blended. Just a few that came to mind. Good luck. I hope we see the completed page. Good luck.

On 1/12/2018 at 3:08 PM, alsoarty said:

Hmmm so many to choose from - check out OAWA's Cosy Christmas clipping masks, I think there are great portrait shaped masks. I wouldn't use a circle mask. Or Sekada Time for Love masks. You could always use a mask from a page template  - um like dt-tempatation templates Splendid blended. Just a few that came to mind. Good luck. I hope we see the completed page. Good luck.

I bought them!! Redo...Let me know what you think.  I just noticed that gray patch..... its a shadow from original photo. I see it left a bit of green from tree but don't really think it looks too strange. let me know.I'm going to add my screen shot.  I Also adding second page.....

possible Santa_edited-1.jpg

Isla pblue Christmas_edited-1.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 8.22.25 PM.png

19 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Well done! I love it. The touch of green looks good. I would not have noticed it if you hadn’t pointed it out.

Thank you! It was done with your help!! What do you think of second page?  I used Brandy's Grunge Block 2 and Snows Everywhere kit...I have alot of trouble with this template in trying to find papers that blend!

On 1/14/2018 at 4:15 PM, terriscrapper said:

Thank you! It was done with your help!! What do you think of second page?  I used Brandy's Grunge Block 2 and Snows Everywhere kit...I have alot of trouble with this template in trying to find papers that blend!

I think the second page is forgeous. The red really pops. Just perfect.

Archived