January Hybrid ATC Swap

CRS

It's Back! The Hybrid ATC Swap is back and the first theme of the new year is "Alice in Wonderland". Use the book or any of the movies for inspiration to create your atcs.

Now that you know the theme, what in the world is a hybrid atc swap? ATCs are Artist Trading Cards, 3.5 inches x 2.5 inches (either orientation is fine). Hybrid is combining traditional paper crafting with digital crafting. How much of each medium you use is up to you! On the back of the atc, the artist signs the card, and can add any other info they want (date, location, title of swap, title of card, etc.) You can also number them (1 of 10, 2 of 10, etc).  Once your cards are ready to go, you will snail mail them to me and when I have them all, I will sort them and mail them back.

The best way to do this seems to be to buy the 9 slot baseball trading card holders. They are designed to fit into a standard 3 ring binder. You can fold the sheets in thirds and fit them into a business sized envelope. Please include return postage in one of the slots, allowing for an extra ounce in case participants are especially exuberant with their bling. If it's not needed, I will return it with your goodies. Also please include a self-addressed envelope. We've found that the larger 6x9 envelopes work better than business sized envelopes but the postage rate is the same. When you mail the envelope to me, the post office people will tell you if there's a non-machinable surcharge. A great hint is to use your own address as the return address in case it gets "returned" for any reason.

Sign up in this thread by Thursday, January 25th. On Friday, January 26th, I'll PM everyone and let you know how many to make and my address. Please have them in my hands by March 2nd. I'll get them distributed and back in the mail as soon as I can. If all the cards are received before that, then I'll send them back out earlier.

If you are interested in participating, just leave a comment in this thread. I'm looking forward to it!

Lei
Lauren (this is her favorite movie!)
Marilyn
Mikelle
Andrea
Kelly
Ann
Brooke
Carla

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in, for what it's worth, and hopefully I don't have the printing issues I've had in the past so mine will actually be hybrid. When's the "mail-by" date? 

19 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Okie Dokie I haven't a clue what to do and my mojo and confidence are MIA but count me in. Hoping this will spark things again because I do sure miss the creativity in my life.....

Oh Kelly, your cards are always creative and beautiful! I'm sure it will return once you starting thinking of all the silly fun of Alice in Wonderland!

1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Okie Dokie I haven't a clue what to do and my mojo and confidence are MIA but count me in. Hoping this will spark things again because I do sure miss the creativity in my life.....

Our mojos must have gone on vacation together. I have created a few layouts lately, but it wasn't easy to do. Hopefully this will jump start the creativity. At least we have an excuse to read the books or watch the movies!

Updated the first post.

23 hours ago, Bride said:

Oh Kelly, your cards are always creative and beautiful! I'm sure it will return once you starting thinking of all the silly fun of Alice in Wonderland!

21 hours ago, CRS said:

Our mojos must have gone on vacation together. I have created a few layouts lately, but it wasn't easy to do. Hopefully this will jump start the creativity. At least we have an excuse to read the books or watch the movies!

Thank you for the encouragement ladies. Not really sure what my problem is. It's like I'm afraid to start or something. My S-I-L gave me a $25 give card to Michaels for doing a layout for her. I prefer Hobby Lobby but I'm not complaining. I perused Pinterest for inspiration. I'm sure I'll come up with something.

8 hours ago, AnnBK said:

Well, I have been off in LaLa land, trying to work through the hard memories of this time last year. That will go on and on, but I want to join in on this challenge if there is still space.

I was just thinking of you Ann. I'm sure it's been a difficult time for you. Glad to see you joining the challenge.

12 hours ago, AnnBK said:

Well, I have been off in LaLa land, trying to work through the hard memories of this time last year. That will go on and on, but I want to join in on this challenge if there is still space.

Added you to the list. I would have sent you a message if you didn't see it before the sign ups. Hugs!

• 2 weeks later...

I have too many ideas too,  not sure which direction to go and if I have what I need to go there. Gee darn, I may have to go shopping! I love all the movies, so no hard ship on me to watch them!

Still time to sign up, Thursday is the last day. Friday I will PM you all my address and a final count.

I had a choice this afternoon: start organizing tax information or go to Hobby Lobby. After about a nano second pondering that difficult choice, I headed to hobby Lobby and hit the jackpot! I have cards printed and ready to bling...bling...bling! 

18 hours ago, AnnBK said:

I had a choice this afternoon: start organizing tax information or go to Hobby Lobby. After about a nano second pondering that difficult choice, I headed to hobby Lobby and hit the jackpot! I have cards printed and ready to bling...bling...bling! 

I think I would have made the same decision! I'll have the final count tomorrow...

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking on the due date. March 2nd ... Good ... I have had an idea mulling around in my brain and it is finally coming together in design .... now to work out the bling detail ... which may be a challenge, but I promise I WILL NOT hold up the timeframe!! :D

14 hours ago, AnnBK said:

Mine are now in the care of the US Postal System. Hopefully they will reach Carla in 3 or 4 days. 

I will let you know when they arrive!

Brooke got hers designed yesterday and ready for printing. She is finally back to school so she'll have some work to catch up on before she can finish the cards. Lauren has her planned in her head and it's very doable, so hers will be done soon. Hopefully tomorrow after school she can sit down and design them.

It's crazy, I just give them each a little direction in Photoshop and walk away and they call me if they need my help. I think I'm creating some monsters like their mom, lol!

3 hours ago, CRS said:

I will let you know when they arrive!

Brooke got hers designed yesterday and ready for printing. She is finally back to school so she'll have some work to catch up on before she can finish the cards. Lauren has her planned in her head and it's very doable, so hers will be done soon. Hopefully tomorrow after school she can sit down and design them.

It's crazy, I just give them each a little direction in Photoshop and walk away and they call me if they need my help. I think I'm creating some monsters like their mom, lol!

That is so cool, Carla and so very nice to hear that there are young people interested in all this!   And, I’ll bet with how they grew up in a computer world, they do and learn it all so easily! :)

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

That is so cool, Carla and so very nice to hear that there are young people interested in all this!   And, I’ll bet with how they grew up in a computer world, they do and learn it all so easily! :)

I told her I could keep teaching her about Photoshop because today is the last class and she informed me "Mom, it's a graphic arts class, not a photoshop class". Kids!

Yes, I'm an enabler....If you have a Hobby Lobby near you, go check out the clearances! My HL had most of their rubber stamps marked down to $1, tons of bling and stickers marked cheap, too. The cashier said she couldn't believe how low the prices went!

1 hour ago, CRS said:

I told her I could keep teaching her about Photoshop because today is the last class and she informed me "Mom, it's a graphic arts class, not a photoshop class". Kids!

Yes, I'm an enabler....If you have a Hobby Lobby near you, go check out the clearances! My HL had most of their rubber stamps marked down to $1, tons of bling and stickers marked cheap, too. The cashier said she couldn't believe how low the prices went!

Oh that is TOO funny!  Graphic arts class!!!

And OHhhhhhh...  No Hobby Lobby nearby me, which is probably a good thing!    But, wow that’s some markdown!

Archived