SodScrap

Making stationery?

14 posts in this topic

I wonder if anyone has used their digital supplies to make stationery.  You know...old fashioned stationery to HAND WRITE A LETTER and mail it through he postal service???  Seems a little old school in the electronic age.  I just keep getting this idea and wondered if anyone has done this.  (Actual paper to write on not a card)

Obviously, there is no end to the options/results when using our digital supplies.  Have you done this?  How?  Samples of finished products please!!!  Monogrammed?  Lined, unlined?  Maybe 4.25" x 5.5", half of a regular letter paper.  Two printed on a page horizontally then cut in half? 

Anyone????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I have created stationery.

I used to do it for my mother when she was alive as she used to write lots of letters so I used to create nice pretty images along the top of the page and also add the lines to make it easier for her to write.   They were A5 size which is roughly half a 8.5 x 11inch page. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve made stationary pads at Shutterfly or Snapfish, I can’t remember where.   And, then I used it as stationary.   I’ve also made note cards for REAL letter writing, I use those a lot!   After a surgery years ago when I got lots of get-well gifts and flowers, I made “Thank-You” notes with photos of the item I was given on the front of each, so they all were different.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made stationery YEARS ago, way before digital scrapbooking was invented. I had a program that was mostly clip art - I bought it to make Christmas letter stationery, but also made some other everyday stationery with it. My Christmas letter ones were 8.5 x 11. No idea now what size I made the everyday pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just playing around and experimenting (and will have to quit now to fix supper....sigh)  I used a border paper template (retired) and clipped one of Syndee's water color papers to it, lowered the opacity a bit and...that's its.  I added it along the long side so I can cut it in half and have two pages per piece of paper.  I might experiment with lines, but for now, I think I will just use a lined page underneath for a guide.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MariJ said:

I’ve made stationary pads at Shutterfly or Snapfish, I can’t remember where.   And, then I used it as stationary.   I’ve also made note cards for REAL letter writing, I use those a lot!   After a surgery years ago when I got lots of get-well gifts and flowers, I made “Thank-You” notes with photos of the item I was given on the front of each, so they all were different.  

I will have to look into stationery pads!  I didn't know there was such a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2018 at 6:45 PM, SodScrap said:

I will have to look into stationery pads!  I didn't know there was such a thing.

I remember the ones I made being more a stationary size;  now I see them smaller too.
Staples is great at printing things like this - you can use an 8.5 x 11” size vertical paper but make 2 of your design on a page, horizontally one on top of the other if that makes sense?  So you get two on a page and your stationary would be sized 5.5 across and 8 inches long.  Staples will even cut the batch for you and last I heard you only get charged once for the cut, not for each page.   And they will print in different colors.
I don’t know how expensive it would be, though!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did this years ago but thanks for the reminder. I need to make some as a gift for a friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, diannecp said:

I did this years ago but thanks for the reminder. I need to make some as a gift for a friend. 

What a great gift!  Show your finished product for us to see!  :)  Do you personalize it?  Curious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i remember making notepad from unused paper that was going yellow and made smal notepads, i have a look see if i still have some.

I was doing some research on filefax A5 to got with Florju new planner designs, some ideas for presents for next Christmas.
Amazon sells these in A5 and A6 in the soft pastel colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marie-Christine said:

i remember making notepad from unused paper that was going yellow and made smal notepads, i have a look see if i still have some.

I was doing some research on filefax A5 to got with Florju new planner designs, some ideas for presents for next Christmas.
Amazon sells these in A5 and A6 in the soft pastel colors.

That’s good to know, Marie. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have made stationary as well as notecards.  I set it up with the paper landscape, and 2 half-size stationary sheets (5.5" wide and 8.5" tall).  I've done my Christmas notes that way many times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2018 at 2:32 PM, MariJ said:

That’s good to know, Marie. :)

This is a gorgeous collection, I just have no use for a planner. I don’t need stationery either anymore. Sad but true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now