Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So a few months ago I started working on some photo tips.  My thought was to make this into a class, but after working on it I just couldn't wrap my mind around what direction I wanted to go with it...plus so many things kept coming up I didn't have time to just sit down and work on it.

Well in a way, my lose is your gain.  I decided to just release the notes I made as a free tips document.  I've attached it here, but it will cover taking better everyday photos and has some basic tips I hope you all find helpful. 

PhotoTips.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, Angie. Very helpful. I like the tip using curves on a desaturated photo. How gracious of you to share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish I could take better photos. I always feel like I need to keep it on auto because with the kids there are never any "do-overs". Looking forward to the challenge!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the great tips now we will all have beautiful photos for our pages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankyou Angie for sharing these with us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, Angie!  Good tip about camera phones and how "it’s not easy to balance the phone, hold other items, then press the shutter button in the middle of your screen to take the picture".

My phone takes the picture when it hears the word "cheese".  I love it!  When I used to tap the screen, I would end up with camera shake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, lindarobin said:

Thank you, Angie!  Good tip about camera phones and how "it’s not easy to balance the phone, hold other items, then press the shutter button in the middle of your screen to take the picture".

My phone takes the picture when it hears the word "cheese".  I love it!  When I used to tap the screen, I would end up with camera shake.

ooh..you know I think mine does that also.  I just don't have it set up for it.

I know my camera I can set up to take a picture when the person smiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, angleigh said:

ooh..you know I think mine does that also.  I just don't have it set up for it.

I know my camera I can set up to take a picture when the person smiles.

Cameras are so smart now!  They can recognize faces and won't take the picture if a person's eyes are closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, lindarobin said:

Cameras are so smart now!  They can recognize faces and won't take the picture if a person's eyes are closed.

Wow, I had no idea, who knew? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×