Organizing Files

Ande43

How long do you keep your PSD files....Forever??  

I'm in the process of converting all my PSDs to TIFF....Very Interesting...finding lots of LO's half done, really bad ones I deleted LOL....Very interesting things hiding behind those PSD Icons....Who knew.  The best reason to convert to TIFF so you know what you have.  Just converted 732 to TIFF

Next to do is make some decisions on 12x12 and 8x8....To this point I have kept all LO's 12x12....8x8....and sized for Web.  Your thoughts....I like having the web sizing so I can share when and if I decide too.... I just found out that Scrapping Simply can print Layouts in 8x8 from 12x12 files uploaded....are the 8x8 the ones that are unnecessary to have??  or the 12x12??  I will never print out a LO in 12x12 size....only make 8x8 albums

What do you all save.....and why??? 

OHHH my....Decisions decisions......LOL

I keep psd files forever. Not sure why exactly, I guess just in case. I don't convert to TIFF because I didn't know about that. I save a web size copy so I can see what the LO looks like. I used to scrap 8x8 but now scrap 12x12 as there is less resizing. If I print a layout I print at 8x8, 12x12 takes up to much room.

I keep all my old files. I'm too lazy to go back through and clean things out. I guess at some point I'll have to make room for new stuff, but I've either had my ehd crash or I've dropped it before that's happened and I always buy a bigger one to replace the last.

There used to be a free download that you could use that would then allow you to see thumbnails of the psd files. I use ACDSee to organize and tag my scrapping supplies, so I can see psd thumbnails in that program and thus don't convert anything to tiff.

I would at the very least keep the full-sized 12x12 jpg files for each layout. Any photofinisher should be able to print 8x8 layouts from that, and then you ever did decide to print something 12x12 (maybe for art on the wall?), you'd be able to. I personally keep all the psd files also, but that may be overkill:)

Archived