Scrapping Style?

angleigh

Do you like artsy? traditional paper style (only digital)? Are you a simple 1 photo scrapper?  Or do you use multiple photos? Do you find you only scrap when you have challenges and such or do you do pages weekly?

How would you explain your scrapbooking style/habits?

Hmmmm..   Great questions Angie and I guess my answers are much like me -- haphazard and how the mood strikes me at that moment!  
Ok, that said - in order....  I like artsy papers, but not patterns, I rarely use them.   I tend to put as many photos on a page as I can, or how many the theme at hand dictates!   I’d like to say I do pages weekly or whenever I find need to, but I normally scrap for challenges and fit them to my needs.  Now that I’ve decided to scrap Project Life with whatever comes up that month, I find I am creating pages for whatever has happened.    

Confession time .......

I'm always scrapping and I scrap everything for which I have a photo or photos! I take photos with scrap pages in mind! I scraplift and adapt styles I like or suit the theme. I usually have more than 1 photo per page but that depends on the subject.

Scrapbooking style - obsessive!

I think I'm all over the place.  Most of the time I start a layout with a bit of an idea, but usually it morphs into something different, sometimes far off my original intent.  And some are good (or at least I like them), and some are flops!  I need to do more white space layouts - I'd say most of my LO's have one or more large photos.

I like most styles. But don't care for most art journaling styles. I don't use a lot of photos per page, but do lots of blending of photos for the background. I always make 2 page LOs for printing books. The second page may have more photos on it. My style is mostly traditional or heritage. I make pages as the whim hits me. I like challenges and will do them, but find that the prompts don't always agree with what works for me and will stop. I may start a page and keep going until I find I have made 10! May not make another page for months. Really haphazard scrapping.

I do project life so am doing weekly and monthly pages for that.

I take part in some challenges but because I am wanting to get memory pages created from past holidays and also my early childhood I plan to only do challenges where I can create these memory pages. 

My style varies... depends on the event I am scrapping. Sometimes one photo sometimes more.  I do not do a lot of White Space pages. I enjoy doing some art journaling and really enjoy doing Scripture pages. 

My style depends on my photos and my mood. If I have a lot of photos of an event, I try to include as many as possible. Sometimes I'll catch a special photo that just highlights someone and I'll only use one photo. I really like blending but find myself using traditional paper pages, too. I'm not afraid to try new things, and learn new things, too. I guess I'm all over the place!

My current style of scrapping is zilch, which makes me sad. I can't seem to get started, motivated, or whatever. I like to do artsy pages  When I was scrapping more regularly I would do the weekly challenges. I would say I usually use one photo but it would depend on the project at hand.

I'm pretty much the same.  I love the artsy type of pages, and then the 1 photo lots of white space.  I wish I scrapped more, but doing project life has kind of forced me to do that.  I need to jump in on more challenges and participate in those.

for years I have been trying to discover my scrapping style. I think for a while I didn't have one. I was mostly trial and error trying to put a page together. it took me a really long while to learn how to put a page together. Now I will say my style is definitely ornamental I love to see lots of a flair on a page. I usually stick with one, maybe two photos unless i'm telling a story about a certain event.

I love clusters and embellishments and when i'm scrapping something of a vintage nature my pages really come to life. This is where I feel most at home. On that note I'm also learning how to edit myself so that a page doesn't become too busy.

I'm still struggling with journaling. Putting words on a page, finding the right fonts, organizing the text in a creative way, all very daunting to me. That's why it's rare I bother with journaling but of course practice makes perfect. And templates help with this.

In the gallery I love all many styles of layouts but trying to create those pages sometimes what i see in my head never really comes through on the page.

6 hours ago, VeronicaS said:

for years I have been trying to discover my scrapping style. I think for a while I didn't have one. I was mostly trial and error trying to put a page together. it took me a really long while to learn how to put a page together. Now I will say my style is definitely ornamental I love to see lots of a flair on a page. I usually stick with one, maybe two photos unless i'm telling a story about a certain event.

I love clusters and embellishments and when i'm scrapping something of a vintage nature my pages really come to life. This is where I feel most at home. On that note I'm also learning how to edit myself so that a page doesn't become too busy.

I'm still struggling with journaling. Putting words on a page, finding the right fonts, organizing the text in a creative way, all very daunting to me. That's why it's rare I bother with journaling but of course practice makes perfect. And templates help with this.

In the gallery I love all many styles of layouts but trying to create those pages sometimes what i see in my head never really comes through on the page.

I have the opposite problem. I have trouble adding lots of embellishments. I never think it looks right. Your collections are perfect for heritage )vintage) LOs and I have lots of heritage photos. I just have to get it together and them a go. 

12 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I have the opposite problem. I have trouble adding lots of embellishments. I never think it looks right. Your collections are perfect for heritage )vintage) LOs and I have lots of heritage photos. I just have to get it together and them a go. 

you are so lucky I wish I had heritage photos to scrap with. just pull them out, put a few on a page and let the inspiration come to you. And yes adding lots of embellishments to a page can make a page cluttered or messing. that's why i had to learn to edit myself. layouts I thought looked great years ago i now see were total rubbish lol

22 hours ago, scrapgarden said:

I like most styles. But don't care for most art journaling styles. I don't use a lot of photos per page, but do lots of blending of photos for the background. I always make 2 page LOs for printing books. The second page may have more photos on it. My style is mostly traditional or heritage. I make pages as the whim hits me. I like challenges and will do them, but find that the prompts don't always agree with what works for me and will stop. I may start a page and keep going until I find I have made 10! May not make another page for months. Really haphazard scrapping.

I love art journal pages but i have no idea how to create one. well i suppose i have an idea but it never really looks like an art journal page when i'm done. but then again there are no rules to art journaling so whatever you put on a page in a creative way counts i guess. I discovered smash books which i think would be a great introduction to art journaling.

Archived