March Layout Madness - March Forum Game

MariJ

:wobbly-eyes: Oh no! March Layout Madness is back! :wobbly-eyes:

This month's Scrap Girls Forum game, March Layout Madness, is designed to help you get more scrapbook pages done with a series of simple steps that add up to a finished page at the end of each week.  But watch out, some of the tasks may be trickier :newangel:!  When the month is over you'll have completed several layouts and been treated to some fun along the way.

Throughout March, Monday through Saturday a Welcoming Committee member will post a daily layout step in the game thread. 

• Layout one will have nine steps
  • Layouts two, three and four will have six steps each

Prizes:

• Members who complete and post all 4 layouts in the Slow Scrap Gallery will be entered in a drawing for one of two $10.00 Scrap Girls Shop Gift Certificates.
  • Each completed layout posted in the Slow Scrap Gallery, up to 4 per member, will be entered in a drawing for one of three $3.00 Scrap Girls Shop Gift Certificates.

You have until 11:59pm ET on March 31st 2018 to complete the steps and post your layouts to the Slow Scrap Gallery. There are no daily time limits.

You can post your daily progress if you wish, but this is not a requirement.

Here is how to post your "progress" in this game thread.
  • Make sure you save your layout as a PSD/layered file first.
  • Save your layout as a .JPEG at 72ppi with a size of 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels) this is smaller than you would normally save for the web.
  • Follow the first part of this tutorial by Carla How To Post Images In The Forum to post your "progress" in the game thread.

So why not join us for a month of fun and madness?  :bouncing-frog:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone!    :waving-hi:
Please note above that Layout One will have 9 steps so it will span through this short week and next 
:disappearing-smilie:
Here we go!   :runningdog:

Layout One
March 1st
Start a new layout in your preferred size and add five papers.

Ok, I found a solution for 5 papers....Blending! I used:

ABR_SSPaper_CaptLife_Blends6
AFT_Blissful_Paper_Cardstock_4
AFT_Blissful_Paper_Cardstock_6
AFT_SSPaper_BlendedCollage_6
CVA_SSTools_Scripts_SupplyTracker
GWH_SSPaper_SimplyVintage_FabricBook2

MarchMadness1.jpg

49 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

I might wind up using Carla's idea of blending, but for now, I'm going with 3 solid papers from SRO: Classic Linens Deck Chair and two leafy patterned papers from
GWH SS Paper: Layered Leaves (which I figure I'll color later).

MM LO 1 papers.jpg

Yep blending is the way to go Diane :) 

my 5 papers........I used: GGD_MidnightBlues x 5 papers, BMU_SSPaper_FusionMasks

This may change though depending on the next tasks :D

March LO madness_5 papers.jpg

:grr: I'm glad your behind the settee Marilyn as I've had to redo mine.....only had 3 photos to go with the other paper :( 

I used 4 papers from GGD_midnightBlues and 1 paper from ASO_FleurModSolid together with AFT_SSPaper_Overlays_Waterwash, BMU_SSPaper_BGB6, AFT_SSPaper_Metro to blend them altogether

week 1_5 papers.jpg

Since this month is "madness" I am going way off into the deep end trying things I have always avoided. If it doesn't work out, guess what? My computer has a trash bin!!!  NO IDEA how I'm going to put this all together.

March 1st - Start a new layout in your preferred size and add five papers.

BMU_BGBlenders4_SSPaper, EBA_GrandmasScrapbook_PaperMini, EBA_SSPaper_GraffitiMurals, JZI_HarvestSpice_Paper, SDE_Art-Paper-Overlays

March 2nd - Add at least five photos to your layout.  5 pics of Sedona during cloudy days (that's not supposed to happen.)

March Tasks 1-2.jpg

Archived