Photobooks

I'd like to hear some of your reviews of photo book sites. Has anyone tried Mixbook? I've used Shutterfly and the last time my photos came out dark! I know some of you mentioned Cosco but I want to add and create within the site. From what I'm seeing is that Shutterfly has a huge library. Mixbook,  their interface is easier to use and you can add drop shadows which I find interesting that Shutterfly doesn't;t have.

I've used Blurb for printing my photobooks for over 7 years now.  The products are very nice and the customer service is amazing.  The primary reason I changed from Shutterfly to Blurb way back then was because Shutterfly limited the photobook size to 100 pages where a Blurb book can have over 400 pages.  I need the extra pages for my annual family photobook.  Plus, Blurb has really good sales, too!

• 5 months later...

I've used both Blurb and Shutterfly so far though I'd like to try Mpix. I really like Persnickety Prints for individual pages which is what I used to do. They only have softcover books and the largest is 8x8. I like hardcover and I'd like to try 10x10. The disadvantage with Blurb for me is that 7x7 is a bit small and 12x12 is too big but I think the way you put together the book at Blurb is the most intuitive. I need at least 8x8 and I notice Shutterfly has 10x10 now. So many choices. I only make a few books- one for each of the grandchildren. I have to pick and choose from the pages I create. Sometimes they help.

• 2 years later...

i've used vista print, blurb and supaphoto... 

vista print is quick and has amazing quality although is a little pricey, blurb has great customer service and allows hundreds of pages per photobook and supaphoto is a smaller local company so theyre a lot more customisable

i've attached links for all three, hope that helps!

https://www.supaphoto.com/create-photo-books.html

https://www.blurb.co.uk/?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwuD7BRDBARIsAK_5YhXfQLy7gNGiCYZkiZsc8Il9Xp2ewsRpcIczIx3TCm5dwKiY3y4LZxMaAqmsEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.vistaprint.co.uk/photo-gifts/photo-books?couponAutoload=1&expiredCouponCode=VP1512&GP=10%2f03%2f2020+11%3a10%3a33&GPS=5786371486&GNF=0

• 1 month later...

I used Mixbook. I like it because it allows me to add more pages than Shutterfly. I print albums by year so I could have 125 pages to print.  It's good quality. I also like the layout where there is a thin border around it so the pages don't get buried in the spine.

I use BigW here in Australia to do my travel photo books. They have them in various sizes but I get them in 12x16 size and can arrange my photos & journaling on the page. You can add pages as you go with a minimum of 20 pages. They have some good sales. An 80page hard cover with photos & title on the front & back cover is usually around $60. Also have had some lovely wall canvases made from them too.

I bring up the mid-tones on my photos so they will look how I want them to when they're printed. You may find that most prints will look darker than they do on your screen simply because screens are back-lit.

I use Shutterfly and have been pleased with my books. I wait for the free extra pages sales before I buy. I had an issue with one page on the last book I had printed, and their customer service was outstanding. They just sent me another book.  I did the 12x12 hard cover with a matte finish and their"professional 6 color printing" for the pages. The paper is nice and thick and the printing looks great. They have held up well to little fingers; the grandkids love looking through the photobooks.

I helped Cathrine with the dental school yearbook she did in 2014, and she printed them with Mpix; the quality was nice. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I am also one of those who have a good experience with Shutterfly. With them I made a photobook that I gave as a gift to my friend who got married. Their service is very fast and the pictures printed are very clear. I do not wonder why so many customers enjoy their service.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, scrapgarden said:

I looked at Mixbook awhile back because they have books  8.5x11 with both portrait and landscape options. Haven't used them though. Good to know the reviews here. Has anybody had that size book done?

I haven't used 8.5 x 11 at Mixbook, but I have used 8x8. It is very easy and quick to import your pages as .jpgs and then use the "fill page" command. My pages were designed in 12x12 and printed in 8x8 and even though I was worried about the proportion adjustment, the pages looked perfect. The paper quality at Mixbook is great, but be sure to check your margins before printing. I had a few pages where I designed too close to the edge and something would be in the trim area that needed adjusted.