Exciting Things - Blog, Classes, Chats, Etc

angleigh

Have you all checked out the blog lately and seen some of the fun new articles that we've been releasing.  

We've got 3 new articles that are ran monthly.  These are released on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Tuesday of the month and you can find a link to them from the Tuesday newsletter

Take 3 - This is where 3 of our creative team members create layouts with the same kit.  It's fun to see the different style of layouts that can come from the same kit.  The kit that's featured will also be on sale for Tue/Wed of that week

Technique Tuesday - we will be featuring a new tutorial monthly.  Some of these are tutorials that came from our monthly ScrapSimple club so they have some great tips

Spotlight Designer - We will be letting you get to know our designers a little bit better.  They will also pick several of their favorite kits that will be on sale for Tue/Wed of that week.

You'll also find that we've got a lot of fun article popping up through out the month.

------------

Classes - You will notice that we've offered a few more classes this year.  Now, these are not through Scrap Girls they are offered through QwikLearn (used to be Digital Scrapper) 

I am a huge believe of our designers creating the wonderful kits and fun actions/styles/etc that your used to...and leaving the "teaching" to those that do that best.  

Does that mean we won't be offering classes/videos?  Not at all.  As a matter of fact Syndee has been releasing several over the last few months.  Alot of what we will have is very specific techinques or tutorials revolving around product.

But QwikLearn has some great classes in their store, and i'm very glad to partner with them.

--------------

Chats - We do now have a chat room.  We used it a little bit during Christmas, but not much since then.  What I would like to know is how many people would be interested in a chat.  If so what type of chat?  I've thought about having a monthly one about a week after the Technique Tuesday came out and just answered questions regarding that.  Would that interest you?  Do we want another one a month?

------------

Then another thought that came to my mind this week is having a technique challenge once a month.  This would be more of a technique to make you step out of your comfort zone.  Maybe it's doing something fun/different with fonts, maybe it's turning a photo into a sketch.  

This would not be a mandatory challenge for the challenge chasers, because like I mentioned they might be more advanced.  But I know i'm always up for a challenge so I thought it might be kind of fun

I think that's everything I have for now..lol  I just wanted to let you know why I might not of been around as much.  I've been trying to get these and a few other things in motion, plus babysitting a 4 month old puppy..lol

I would love to have a technique challenge periodically!  The challenges generally do lead me to create layouts I wouldn’t otherwise have thought of, and a technique challenge would stretch me even further.  A few techniques I’ve learned through challenges or chats specific to that technique, I use constantly now, like the stroke function to put a border around my photos, or the custom lasso tool to place my journaling in a certain shape.  I dont know what I’d do without that knowledge now!

Monthly technique challenge/chat would be great! It's so fun to learn new things. I have purchased several of Syndee's tutorials but haven't worked with them all yet. A thought came to me though, a chat tied in to the technique might be limiting for people who have questions regarding the technique. Perhaps a special thread would be available for those unfortunate to not make it to the chat. Chats are always fun! Not sure what topics for chats though. lol!

I’d love the techniqie chat and challenge idea. I have trouble getting a sketch from a photo. I’m up to more than one chat a month, Its great getting to know everyone plus I learn something new every chat.

Angie, First of all you are doing a great job leading all the SG followers, thank you for all that you do.

The chat/technique challenge combo would be very helpful I am sure. The chats should be available after so that people who cannot attend can review so that might help them too, also refresh for those who attend.

Take 3 is amazing and it shows everyone that there are so many ways to use a collection. No right or wrong way.

Designer spotlight is great so the members can know a little about the "creators of the collections" I think it gives the group a more personal feel.

Happy Scrapping everyone.

Wow, that's a lot to handle!

I love the idea of chats, no matter what kind! The softball season officially starts Monday, so my nights/weekends will be tied up until June (4 games a week plus some Saturdays!), but a thread to see what I missed would be helpful!

I have taken a lot of classes through Qwiklearn and love them. I have never been disappointed in a single class.

So I spent yesterday planning up ideas for a technique challenge.  Some will be techniques, or how to get a specific effect.  Others will be new/different ways to use product.

I already have the one for April written up and ready to go. 

On 3/15/2018 at 2:14 PM, angleigh said:

------------

Classes -

But QwikLearn has some great lasses in their store, and i'm very glad to partner with them.    Yes Please! I always love the classes and was so excited to see that last one pop up.      Yes please! I'm always excited to learn new things.  When this last one was on sale I was really tempted!

--------------

Chats - We do now have a chat room.  We used it a little bit during Christmas, but not much since then.  What I would like to know is how many people would be interested in a chat.  If so what type of chat?  I've thought about having a monthly one about a week after the Technique Tuesday came out and just answered questions regarding that.  Would that interest you?  Do we want another one a month?   Yes Please! I miss the chat room and would participate as often as possible.  I love the way the chats connect us across the country and the continents.  Such a cool community we have. Associating a chat with the Tuesday Technique is a great idea!

------------

Then another thought that came to my mind this week is having a technique challenge once a month.  This would be more of a technique to make you step out of your comfort zone.  Maybe it's doing something fun/different with fonts, maybe it's turning a photo into a sketch.   This sounds like fun too!

9 hours ago, angleigh said:

So I spent yesterday planning up ideas for a technique challenge.  Some will be techniques, or how to get a specific effect.  Others will be new/different ways to use product.

I already have the one for April written up and ready to go. 

Looking forward to it!

First of all, thank you Angie for all that you made and all your ideas!
I like the idea of a technique challenge and Take 3 is great to show how a collection can be used differently!
I also like doing a lot of monthly challenges!

Archived