Last Thing Purchased? Last Thing On Your Wish List

angleigh

What is the last thing you just couldn't resist and purchased?  What's the last thing you put on your wish list?  And the final question, how often do you purchase things from your wish list?

I know for me, often time (on any kind of website) I'll put things on my wish list, but I usually forget to go back and look at them again.  Or by the time I do, something new and different comes up and I get that instead.  You should see my Kindle wish list..it's CRAZY!

I was on YouTube trying to figure out how to make oxtails and came across this. apparently these spices are all the rage and this guy has been on food network so hopefully i'm going to impress all my friends with my new recipes but i'm not going to give my secret lol. oh and as to how often i purchase off my wish list that depends on what it is and how much it is. The dyson fan has been on my wishlist for years. it's dropped in price but $300 is still a bit pricey for a fa. so it just depends on when i can free up that much cash. and let's face it i know some of the things on my wish list are just that, a wish.

spices.JPG

What is the last thing you just couldn't resist and purchased? A boat for Florida, we had been looking for almost a year and we couldn't resist the one we finally did buy.  

What's the last thing you put on your wish list?  The boat  it was on the list  for a year and finally made it to the purchase spot.

And the final question, how often do you purchase things from your wish list? Depends. If it's expensive I usually think twice to see if I still need or just want it. In retirement I am trying more need vs. want.

4 hours ago, VeronicaS said:

I was on YouTube trying to figure out how to make oxtails and came across this. apparently these spices are all the rage and this guy has been on food network so hopefully i'm going to impress all my friends with my new recipes but i'm not going to give my secret lol. oh and as to how often i purchase off my wish list that depends on what it is and how much it is. The dyson fan has been on my wishlist for years. it's dropped in price but $300 is still a bit pricey for a fa. so it just depends on when i can free up that much cash. and let's face it i know some of the things on my wish list are just that, a wish.

spices.JPG

Oh my gosh! I make the best oxtail, my mothers recipe, and no spices! It’s divine! 

27 minutes ago, alsoarty said:

Oh my gosh! I make the best oxtail, my mothers recipe, and no spices! It’s divine! 

no spices? what do you put in there? i've only ever had carribean style oxtail so i had no idea what type of spices were in there

6 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Sounds like you need to share that recipe, at least with Veronica!!!!

I’d always wanted an iPad but am careful with finances and couldn’t justify having one.   Right after rotator cuff surgery I couldn’t use my laptop with my arm strapped tightly to my body so started thinking an iPad would be helpful and the one where you could draw with the Apple Pencil very cool...  Black Friday sales tempted me more and I mentioned it to my sister who said “go for it!”, but I was still reluctant.  I was telling my cousin and that I’d saved money from my godmother (who’d passed away) and she said “she would be so happy to know you got the iPad" - which brought me to tears AND to me ordering it online and my cousin and family picking me up a few hours later so I could get it at the Apple store!  I rarely do things like this and really treasure my iPad.   And it’s been very helpful when my laptop or me's been down, but I’m still not-so-great with the Apple Pencil!

Wishlists for me are “Remembering Lists”.  My Amazon wishlist is crazy long with things on it I want to remember like “Judi’s Camera”, a book someone told me about or something I read about - along with things I might really want!  Most of the stuff on there I have no intention of ever buying and when I looked through it recently it was like a diary of my life - showing products relevant to what was happening right then!

My last purchased that I couldn't resist was a refurbished Epson scanner. It scans, prints and slides. I had a different product on my Amazon wish list but it had mediocre reviews. Then I read a review about the Epson and decided to go for it. I'm so glad I did. It's been fun scanning old slides and seeing myself as a little kid. lol!

As for wish lists it really depends. On my wish list here at Scrap Girls I'll put items that catch my eye but then new things come out and I buy them straight away. Then I will look at my wish list and think oh yeah, I forgot about that. The only other site I have a wish list is Amazon I don't add too many things on it unless it's something I think I want to get but can't decide if I really want it bad enough. For several years I have had my girls add things to their wish lists for birthday and Christmas gifts. Then I decide what I want to get them. It makes it easy to shop they get things they actually want/need.

10 hours ago, VeronicaS said:

no spices? what do you put in there? i've only ever had carribean style oxtail so i had no idea what type of spices were in there

Salt, pepper, ketchup, worcestershire sauce. Um, i need to remember if there is one more thing. I’m busy waking up tight now.

What is the last thing you just couldn't resist and purchased? I usually don't purchase items except for ScrapGirls. I'm trying to let things go as I've reached the age where I need to clean out my collections and pass things on. 

What's the last thing you put on your wish list?  I saw this stuffed chair at Bob's Furniture. It had butterflies on it, what else. Unfortunately it was 'sold'. I'm hoping that they get another one.

And the final question, how often do you purchase things from your wish list? Depends. If it's from ScrapGirls, I usually wait for a sale and then purchase some items from my wish list. My other wish lists, like Amazon, I try to purchase only what I actually need rather than what I want. I've gotten to the age where I need to let things go and stop collecting.

•  

I just went to page 70 in the Collections and Kits,,,and started browsing....I am shocked at how many I already own....would scroll down and think Oh I love that and woops....already have it.  I LOVE that feature in the store that tells you you already own it!!!!!!!!!!!  I do buy from wish list now and then...if there is a sale I look to see if some things are cheaper...

The last thing I purchased was some Stampin UP for card making....got some punches for shaped tags....

Last thing I bought (today) is a set of Tim Holtz’s cling rubber stamps. I’ve had it on my wish list for 2 years. The wait was worth it because it was 3 birds, which now includes some kitties with the birds. And it was 60% off at Michaels. My Amazon wish list keeps changing. It’s long. One can dream.

15 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Last thing I bought (today) is a set of Tim Holtz’s cling rubber stamps. I’ve had it on my wish list for 2 years. The wait was worth it because it was 3 birds, which now includes some kitties with the birds. And it was 60% off at Michaels. My Amazon wish list keeps changing. It’s long. One can dream.

He has fun stamps!!

My wishlists kinda crack me up. They get so long b/c I just throw things on there that "I might buy later". Could be stuff for the kids or the house, so they end up being REALLY random - especially my Amazon one. I often go back and think, "What the heck is that on there for?!"

Archived