Jump to content
Boatlady

Weekend Wildcard Challenge March 24

Recommended Posts

With spring approaching many of us are thinking of flowers so this weeks theme is flowers. One of my favorite subjects by the way. So lets scrap our birth month flower. In case you don't know yours here is a  list. This list includes the meaning of the flower if you care to use that in your page too.

January Carnation/Snowdrop fascination, distinction, love
February Primrose modesty, distinction, virtue
March Daffodil spring, rebirth, domestic happiness, vanity
April Sweet pea good-bye, or blissful pleasure
May Hawthorn/Lily of the Valley happiness, humility, sweetness
June Rose/Honeysuckle love, gratitude, appreciation
July Water Lily/Larkspur joyful, fickleness, sweet
August Poppy/Gladiolus moral integrity
September Morning glory/Aster daintiness, love, magic
October Calendula/Marigold winning grace, protection, comfort, healing, lovable November Chrysanthemum/Peony cheerfulness, friendship, abundance
December Holly/Narcissus sweetness, self-esteem, vanity

 

When you are done post to Weekend Wildcard Challenge Gallery

This is going to make the gallery so beautiful and cheerful. I look forward to seeing everyone's flowers. Happy Scrapping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my May birth month flower Lily of the Valley

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Boatlady said:

With spring approaching many of us are thinking of flowers so this weeks theme is flowers. One of my favorite subjects by the way. So lets scrap our birth month flower. In case you don't know yours here is a  list. This list includes the meaning of the flower if you care to use that in your page too.

January Carnation/Snowdrop fascination, distinction, love
February Primrose modesty, distinction, virtue
March Daffodil spring, rebirth, domestic happiness, vanity
April Sweet pea good-bye, or blissful pleasure
May Hawthorn/Lily of the Valley happiness, humility, sweetness
June Rose/Honeysuckle love, gratitude, appreciation
July Water Lily/Larkspur joyful, fickleness, sweet
August Poppy/Gladiolus moral integrity
September Morning glory/Aster daintiness, love, magic
October Calendula/Marigold winning grace, protection, comfort, healing, lovable November Chrysanthemum/Peony cheerfulness, friendship, abundance
December Holly/Narcissus sweetness, self-esteem, vanity

 

When you are done post to Weekend Wildcard Challenge Gallery

This is going to make the gallery so beautiful and cheerful. I look forward to seeing everyone's flowers. Happy Scrapping.

Interesting. I thought August was Sunflowers... I’ll have to do one poppies or gladiolas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't usually like to scrapbook myself, but I found this photo, and decided to use it. Taken 7 Years ago!

AUGUST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where on earth am I going to find primroses? I don't even know what they look like. Maybe I could just scrap a pretty purple flower?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Belle said:

Where on earth am I going to find primroses? I don't even know what they look like. Maybe I could just scrap a pretty purple flower?

Hi Belle!  I just did a search on Yahoo for “Primrose” and then clicked “Images” on top and found lots of photos! :)  I was amazed - who knew there were so many different kinds and colors of primroses, amazing! :)

Or, maybe you can even pull one off the link above that Debby gave?  Good luck!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Belle said:

Where on earth am I going to find primroses? I don't even know what they look like. Maybe I could just scrap a pretty purple flower?

Belle, this is a site where you can access all kinds of free photos which have a public domain license. It is called Pixabay and this link goes to primroses..... https://pixabay.com/en/photos/?q=primrose&hp=&image_type=all&order=&cat=&min_width=&min_height=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MariJ said:

Hi Belle!  I just did a search on Yahoo for “Primrose” and then clicked “Images” on top and found lots of photos! :)  I was amazed - who knew there were so many different kinds and colors of primroses, amazing! :)

Or, maybe you can even pull one off the link above that Debby gave?  Good luck!  

Thanks Marilyn.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a January baby, so I went with Carnations, which happen to be my favorite flower. And I didn't know that there were birth month flowers, either!

Carnations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×