Looking for ways to display my scrapbook layouts.

I have tons of my LOs printed and they just sit in my scrapbooks collecting dust.  I wondered if anyone has ever displayed them and how did you do that?  I have a blank wall in my home office, for example, and would like to use that to display them but not sure how to go about it.  Or is there a better way.  I am not handy as far as hanging pictures straight so I need simple ideas.  I do have about 6 frames 12 x 12's with SB pages in them and would like to get them up and on the walls.  Thanks ladies!

Frames is what I was going to suggest.  It's easy because you can pull out layouts you have printed and change them often, and when not in the frame you can add back to your scrapbook.

I too am horrible at hanging straight, that's why I don't even attempt.  What about a wall collage?  You could mix your 12x12 frames with maybe some smaller frames with photos in it, then maybe a few signs  mixed in.  The great thing about the collage is it not being perfectly straight is actually "perfect"

I know this sounds crazy, but I started making junk journals and using the LOs that I made of my grandkids and putting them into the book.

This doesn’t help with the printed layouts, but I have two digital frames that scroll through all of my layouts.  I have one at work, and a larger one displayed prominently at home.  I periodically catch my family studying a layout here and there as they pass by the frame.  My printed LOs are like yours, though, in albums on a shelf.

12 hours ago, Mikelle said:

This doesn’t help with the printed layouts, but I have two digital frames that scroll through all of my layouts.  I have one at work, and a larger one displayed prominently at home.  I periodically catch my family studying a layout here and there as they pass by the frame.  My printed LOs are like yours, though, in albums on a shelf.

I forgot about that idea - it’s such a great one!

There is a tool called Hang & Level that you can use - I haven't had much luck with it cause it's hard for me to hold it and the frame at the same time. I have also used paper cut to the size of the frame to arrange galley walls. BUT a small level is priceless and that's what I keep handy.  

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in a few of the suggestions that mentioned a digital frame...do they make digital frames that would show 8x8 or 10x10 or 12x12 LOs? If not how do you size them to fit in a standard size digital frame?

Christine

On 27. 3. 2018 at 5:51 PM, angleigh said:

Just saw this online, it's a cute way to display them

photo-display_3.jpg

oh, this looks great!!

1 hour ago, tsendi said:

I'm interested in a few of the suggestions that mentioned a digital frame...do they make digital frames that would show 8x8 or 10x10 or 12x12 LOs? If not how do you size them to fit in a standard size digital frame?

Christine

From doing a quick Amazon search they look like they come in different sizes.  I know my parents have one they have photos on.  With theirs if the photo doesn't fit the size of the frame it basically centers it on a black background 

4 minutes ago, tsendi said:

I was afraid they'd try to stretch it to have that ratio in order to fit the whole screen display. If it would just get centered that would be ok I guess.

I really can't say, I just know the one they have is like that, and it's an older one.  You may want to go to the website for the brands and see what they say specifically about each one

I've been wondering the same thing...I just tried Fracture, printing on glass...although I think they used a small film and attached it to back of glass....I had it printed in 11x11. If anyone is interested, contact me. I tried taking a photo but it reflected the overhead light. Obviously that's not in it.

thumbnail_IMG_0963.jpg

4 hours ago, terriscrapper said:

I've been wondering the same thing...I just tried Fracture, printing on glass...although I think they used a small film and attached it to back of glass....I had it printed in 11x11. If anyone is interested, contact me. I tried taking a photo but it reflected the overhead light. Obviously that's not in it.

thumbnail_IMG_0963.jpg

Very cool - that’s beautiful! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to give an update on what I decided to do to display my layouts...I bought a 15 inch Nixplay Original digital frame and loaded my layouts on a USB flash drive to run my layouts. They display beautifully and now I can enjoy them while sitting in my family room. I just set it to "fit screen" and enjoy the show. My concern was that they wouldn't display nicely because they are square shaped layouts but that has proven to not be an issue.

43 minutes ago, tsendi said:

Just wanted to give an update on what I decided to do to display my layouts...I bought a 15 inch Nixplay Original digital frame and loaded my layouts on a USB flash drive to run my layouts. They display beautifully and now I can enjoy them while sitting in my family room. I just set it to "fit screen" and enjoy the show. My concern was that they wouldn't display nicely because they are square shaped layouts but that has proven to not be an issue.

How wonderful!! I need to do take that. 

Archived